Forum Problems?

"Paws"itraction

Well I am relieved that it isn't "just" the off topic forum.

The search feature still works, and will get you to threads in the available forums, but not in the unavailable forums. And private messages still work. And "Today's Active Topics" is suddenly a useful feature, one I haven't usually taken advantage of.

As a forum moderator under my other account, I am not aware of any scheduled maintenance, and the problem occurred at 6:40 a.m. Seattle time. More typically, downtime is scheduled for late in the evening.

0640 PST...err that is when I logged on this morning. OMG! I'm so sorry. I apologize to everyone.

The search feature still works, and will get you to threads in the available forums, but not in the unavailable forums. And private messages still work. And "Today's Active Topics" is suddenly a useful feature, one I haven't usually taken advantage of.

As a forum moderator under my other account, I am not aware of any scheduled maintenance, and the problem occurred at 6:40 a.m. Seattle time. More typically, downtime is scheduled for late in the evening.

0640 PST...err that is when I logged on this morning. OMG! I'm so sorry. I apologize to everyone.

weren't you in cheers the last time the forums broke?

HEY EVERYONE!!!! RECDIVER DID IT!!!!! :):)

weren't you in cheers the last time the forums broke?

HEY EVERYONE!!!! RECDIVER DID IT!!!!! :):)

I wasn't even online the last time it broke so there. This time I'm not so sure. Let's see Seattle is just across the lake from me and I don't see any mushroom clouds or billowing smoke coming from the west so I think Seattle is still intact.

Like I said it's those hamster powered servers that did it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

*whimper*

I miss Cheers...

my sentiments exactly.

I told you guys about a FTF I should not have done this morning....

Hey, where's the one-eyebrow-up smiley? I thought we had one. :)

Anyway, yeah, I probably wouldn't've done it. Nice log you made, though.

(But then again, MY current "problem cacher" is a total attention ho, and unfortunately said cacher will do anything to get attention. Unfortunately^2, some cachers that I really respect are giving it to Said Cacher, and there's no real way I can say, "Hey guys, quit giving SC attention, please" without looking like a real...um..."dogmom", if you get me.

So, I just ignore Said Cacher's hides, and pay as little attention to Said Cacher as possible. Even if Said Cacher shows up at our monthly meet-n-eats, I just say hi and that's about it.)

*sigh*

But you did do a very nice log for that cache, and congrats on the FTF!!!

:)

I accidentally crashed a server once, but it was over at http://www.there.com where it happened.

I had accidentally overlapped 2 building zones, and when I went to place an item, at that very moment everything that was floating in the air, hit the ground, and this messed up everybody else in the virtual world at THERE dot com.

THERE is sort of a virtual world, that you can build in.

Edited by GOT GPS?

I've crashed a SQL server a couple of times while "testing" a new piece of software. The IT people really don't like me a times, but hey, they are the ones that asked to to test it and told me not to worry cuz I couldn't break anything. Sadly they don't want me testing it anymore cuz I keep breaking things.

You know what they say about making something "Idiot Proof", you can always count on finding a better Idiot.

How did you get here if the forums are broken? Thats like finding a puzzle cache without doing the puzzle. I think I'm going to delete your log. :)

We have our ways :)

BTW this is the error message I am getting:

IPB WARNING [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (Line: 610 of \sources\classes\class_forums.php)

I've crashed a SQL server a couple of times while "testing" a new piece of software. The IT people really don't like me a times, but hey, they are the ones that asked to to test it and told me not to worry cuz I couldn't break anything. Sadly they don't want me testing it anymore cuz I keep breaking things.

You know what they say about making something "Idiot Proof", you can always count on finding a better Idiot.

:) I keep saying that our IT department at jbex installed caller-ID on their helpdesk phone so they could see when it's me calling. "Oh, great, she did something really weird to her computer again. Nobody pick up the phone."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

*whimper*

I miss Cheers...

my sentiments exactly.

I told you guys about a FTF I should not have done this morning....

Hey, where's the one-eyebrow-up smiley? I thought we had one. :)

Anyway, yeah, I probably wouldn't've done it. Nice log you made, though.

(But then again, MY current "problem cacher" is a total attention ho, and unfortunately said cacher will do anything to get attention. Unfortunately^2, some cachers that I really respect are giving it to Said Cacher, and there's no real way I can say, "Hey guys, quit giving SC attention, please" without looking like a real...um..."dogmom", if you get me.

So, I just ignore Said Cacher's hides, and pay as little attention to Said Cacher as possible. Even if Said Cacher shows up at our monthly meet-n-eats, I just say hi and that's about it.)

*sigh*

But you did do a very nice log for that cache, and congrats on the FTF!!!

thanks, Kim.

4LC, did you go looking for one of 'She who must not be named's caches ...

again? :)

~hangs head in shame~

Hello, my name is Katie, and I have a problem....

:) I keep saying that our IT department at jbex installed caller-ID on their helpdesk phone so they could see when it's me calling. "Oh, great, she did something really weird to her computer again. Nobody pick up the phone."

We DO have caller ID on our phones and so we DO sometimes not pick them up for this very reason... :):)

We DO have caller ID on our phones and so we DO sometimes not pick them up for this very reason... :):)

*snicker*

Yeah, I've a small list of phone numbers that I try to keep hidden but real accessible for reference, so if that number pops up on my work phone...

(and hey, I wouldn't blame our IT department if they did avoid answering my calls - they're always something either complex, expensive, or shouldn't be possible for that to happen sort of issues.

Strange but interesting group here...smart folk, too, some of us...a problem solver's group, I'll bet.

We could keep nesting comments and see if that's the root cause...that would make it the Cheerios fault.

We could begin endless threads on the same subject over and over and see if that's it...that would make it the Cheese Counters fault.

We could.....aw, forget it, I vote we blame either RecDiver or Torry..! Who's with me?

Strange but interesting group here...smart folk, too, some of us...a problem solver's group, I'll bet.

We could keep nesting comments and see if that's the root cause...that would make it the Cheerios fault.

We could begin endless threads on the same subject over and over and see if that's it...that would make it the Cheese Counters fault.

We could.....aw, forget it, I vote we blame either RecDiver or Torry..! Who's with me?

*raises wing*

Was gonna post this in Cheers? but since it's Temporarily Closed For Renovations, apparently,

From the Torry is everywhere file:

I stopped off at my local stop-n-gas for a Diet Coke. Next to the register is a large display of lighters. They just added a new display: a box of...pig-shaped lighters. That make noise when you use them. I was afraid to touch them - I'm not sure if it's gonna oink or ask me to play Twister!

I may just have to purchase one, just so I can post pictures...

Was gonna post this in Cheers? but since it's Temporarily Closed For Renovations, apparently,

I stopped off at my local stop-n-gas for a Diet Coke. Next to the register is a large display of lighters. They just added a new display: a box of...pig-shaped lighters. That make noise when you use them. I was afraid to touch them - I'm not sure if it's gonna oink or ask me to play Twister!

bwahahahahahahaha!!! :):):)

The forums..........down...........what will I............................do??

Um.....

go look for some caches?

The "Hide & Seek a cache" page is working just fine.

That seems like a pretty extreme measure, surely we can figure out something else to do.

It is a sunny day here. Since I've found all the caches within walking distance of my office, I am going across the bridge to a historic section of the city to do some Waymarking. :)

How much were they? I want one! :)