Bailey’s Nippon 2006 Geocoin

Bailey Nippon 4

“Bailey’s Nippon 2006 Geocoin.”

I have closed the previous page related to this item to announce the presale of this coin.

I live and work in Japan and wanted to create a personal geocoin that represents both my geocaching experiences and life in this great country. This coin is the first of what I hope can be an annual coin representing my experiences geocaching in and around my home. I have found and planted geocaches near the Daibutsu and in the city of Kamakura.

We (HTQuality Coins and I) have moved far enough along in the manufacturing process where a final set of images will be sent to the minter and we are ready to conduct a presale for these coins. The coin has received approval from Groundspeak and we are ready to ship the order to be minted. I have been informed that shipping will take place about 3-4 weeks after the presale.

JapanHead.jpg

JapanTail.jpg

Changes to the geocoin that will vary from the image above, as suggested by the Japanese Cachers, includes:

1. The correct spelling of Daibutsu.

2. Properly stated "Kamakura Daibutsu"

3. Switching the Kanji Symbols for "Kamakura Daibutsu"

Details:

There will be 400 coins sold:

-75 Limited Edition – Gold – Price $8.75 includes shipping (Auction Style Sale)

-325 - Nickel – Price $7.00 plus shipping

All coins will be:

-42mm (1.75 in)

-GC.com Trackable

-3D Daibutsu Image over red and white Rising Sun

-Coordinates for the Daibutsu if you should ever find your way to Kamakura.

-My personal Hanko/Signature stamp representing “Bailey Nippon 4”

-It will have it's own icon yet to be decided.

Shipping to US and Canada is $1.25 for the 1st coin and .30 for each additional coin.

Shipping Worldwide is $2.00 for the 1st coin and .90 for each additional coin.

To order the coins please …..

LINK TO BE ADDED AT TIME OF SALE.

Well I won't be around for this one. Am hosting an event tomorrow during the time of this sale. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be plenty available for trades from those who buy.

I'm also going to an event tomorrow, so I'm also going to miss out on this sale. :P I'll have to find one of each in a trade, somehow...

But, I'll also be picking up a few coins at the event, AG. I'll get in touch with you when I get back. :)

ALL,

The buy now option is working. You will not verify or be prompted to pay until the aauction closes. Once all 75 are sold i will close the auction so you can complete the transaction.

This auction site does not charge fees for everything like e***. If I would have used them the coins would have been $2.00-$3.00 more to cover all the fees.

ALL,

The buy now option is working. You will not verify or be prompted to pay until the aauction closes. Once all 75 are sold i will close the auction so you can complete the transaction.

This auction site does not charge fees for everything like e***. If I would have used them the coins would have been $2.00-$3.00 more to cover all the fees.

Not sure i understand, if our name is on the high bidder list, we'll get an invoice once the auction ends? Is that what you are saying?

I can't even get Yahoo to verify my info so that my bid will go through. It just gives me a line that my info cannot be verified and contact Yahoo customer service. This yahoo auction is frustrating, I've checked everything I can from my end.. cookies, etc... its gotta be them.

I've given up.... bought an RE through Paypal....

maybe we can trade LEs later? :lol:

I've made several attempts to buy a gold coin through the Yahoo auction, but it refuses to allow me to verify my information each time.

:lol:

I'm checking on this...

I've run into the same problem for the Gold coins, so I'm resorting to the e-mail address for the invoice...

Despite this, I do appreciate your choosing an alternative site to eBay to cut costs. :P