Thanks For All The Fish

CO Admin

Good riddance. I always preferred you as Lapaglia, the other identity was some monster you turned into. I disagree with your assessment as to the need for a firm hand at moderation or warn meters. Some of us remember how that evolved, others forgot. Welcome back Lapaglia. :huh:

Edited by cachew nut

I have certainly had my share of run ins with CO. Tough guy. Rarely (yea ok probably never) agreed with him but it was always a good and enjoyable fight.

I do hope by backing away from this nonsenese a little you get the chance to enjoy life more and you get better every day and live long and prosper. I look forward to taking you on in the future as just a regular citizen. :huh:

Well Pony,

We’ll have to settle for KA, mtn_man, and that other guy – his name starts with “J” something or another :o,

to take the reins and keep us in line, --- and well---, let’s just say, “do business as usual” if that’s possible. :huh:

Thanks for being part of the colorful and wonderful ride.

Looking forward, to seeing you pop in now and then.

< This is where the ”sheriff” , turns and rides off into the sunset, and all the town folk, get a tear in their eye.>

May your six shooter always stay loaded, and the hamster always be at your side!

Now! Where did I place that “lock this thread button”.

You’ll be missed, greatly.

Happy Trails :o

SF1

Edited by strikeforce1

How you put up with the abuse for so long is amazing. Moderating is never an easy job. Be heavy handed, people bitch. Be too lax, other people moan.

I don't know what it means, but in 11,000+ posts, I was never once warned by you (in fact I only had one official warning and I still can't figure out what it was about). OK, there were some "please stop", or "I wish you wouldn't say that " PMs', but nothing on my warn meter.

Anyway, thanks for your service. It isn't easy being a lightning rod. I hope your health improves and you can get out and bag a few caches again.

Good-bye faithful warrior. You rode a gallant steed (albeit purple in color but gallant none the less). You were a fearless moderator and you successfully cleansed the scum (wankers mostly) out of our town. Occaisionally, you tried to disinfect some of the good guys, but hey, no one is keeping track. I have the highest respect for you and the job you did to make our sport ... better. Good luck with your health issues. I'm glad you are still in the fold. I remember one of your old sig. lines was part of this song ... Indian Sunset.

As I awoke this evening with the smell of wood smoke clinging

Like a gentle cobweb hanging upon a painted tepee

Oh I went to see my chieftain with my warlance and my woman

For he told us that the yellow moon would very soon be leaving

This I can't believe I said, I can't believe our warlord's dead

Oh he would not leave the chosen ones to the buzzards and the soldiers guns

Oh great father of the Iroquois ever since I was young

I've read the writing of the smoke and breast fed on the sound of drums

I've learned to hurl the tomahawk and ride a painted pony wild

To run the gauntlet of the Sioux, to make a chieftain's daughter mine

And now you ask that I should watch

The red man's race be slowly crushed

What kind of words are these to hear

From Yellow Dog whom white man fears

I take only what is mine Lord, my pony, my squaw, and my child

I can't stay to see you die along with my tribe's pride

I go to search for the yellow moon and the fathers of our sons

Where the red sun sinks in the hills of gold and the healing waters run

Trampling down the prairie rose leaving hoof tracks in the sand

Those who wish to follow me I welcome with my hands

I heard from passing renegades Geronimo was dead

He'd been laying down his weapons when they filled him full of lead

Now there seems no reason why I should carry on

In this land that once was my land I can't find a home

It's lonely and it's quiet and the horse soldiers are coming

And I think it's time I strung my bow and ceased my senseless running

For soon I'll find the yellow moon along with my loved ones

Where the buffalos graze in clover fields without the sound of guns

And the red sun sinks at last into the hills of gold

And peace to this young warrior comes with a bullet hole

Indian Sunset.

I always loved that album, but there's something...messed up about Iroquois lore coming out of Elton John (well, okay, Bernie Taupin). Maybe it's because I attended his 'coming out' tour in 1975, where I went to hear a piano player and got...something entirely different.

So thats when he turned the corner ... about the same time the Village People came on the scene. At least their Indian could dance ... :surprise:

It can't be easy to be a moderator, I think we all know that just by seeing some of the things that have gone on in the past. They have to make decisions that are unpopular at times and receive a lot of grief. When they do good it is mostly taken for granted and goes without notice by most.

You did a great job Michael. Thank you for your service.

El Diablo

What he said is worth repeating. Job well done, Mike. Best wishes and good health!

Thanks for all your time and work. I am guessing it was not a particularly pleasent job!

I want to know who the last person you sent a warning to was! Did I make you quit because I was bad?!?!?!? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Thanks again and I hope to see Lapaglia around still! :mad:

Edited by carleenp
Thanks for all your time and work. I am guessing it was not a particularly pleasent job!

I want to know who the last person you sent a warning to was!

I expect I have that honor!

I rarely come here due to the hostile tone of most threads, but was bored that week and saw some topics that I felt I could sensibly contribute to - the first was moved, the second locked and the third got me my first warning - although Jeremy weighed in in agreement 3 posts after mine - I was told it wasn't what I said but how I said it!

If I remember right that was just hours before he announced his retirement from that role.

I have met Lapaglia 2 or 3 times, liked him, but am glad he's stepped down as a moderator. As moderator of the AGA forums I am proud of the fact that with 500+ members and 13,168 forum posts I have yet to have to moderate (other than move a few posts to an existing thread), edit or warn a single one! Nor has a single post garnered a complaint by anyone.

While the scope is much larger here I believe the same, or close to it, can be done here. These forums can be made fun, family-friendly, interesting and educational, and I hope to see the new mods accomplish that.

I know Lapaglia to be a generous and respected member of the geocaching community and thank him - you if you are reading this - for the dedication, patience and effort.

Ed

As moderator of the AGA forums I am proud of the fact that with 500+ members and 13,168 forum posts I have yet to have to moderate (other than move a few posts to an existing thread), edit or warn a single one! Nor has a single post garnered a complaint by anyone.

Of course, you know I registered on your boards.

I'll see if I can come and stir up some trouble for you. ;)B)B)