I Want A Moun10 Bike Coin

Pork King

We have wanted to get our hands on one for a long time now... just happened to pick it up yesterday. I just finished drilling a hole in it and put it on a chain. I now have the coolest geocaching necklace you can find.

Just fooling around... no need to flame me on it :rolleyes:

Waiting has made it that much cooler when we got it yesterday. The entire family was high fiving like we had just won the national geocaching championship.

I want one too! Sadly I would be torn if I ever did find one -- I would send it along it's merry way (of course), but MAN would I want to "collect" it.

Hopefully, when I create my Lemon Fresh Dog coins this summer I can do a legit trade for "keeps" with someone on one of these.

Geeze! Can't we just buy one?

I'd love to own one. I drove over a hundred miles ONE WAY just to log the one I got. Most impressive dang geocoin I'VE ever seen and the old Texas Geocoins were nuthin' to sneeze at.

I want one too! Sadly I would be torn if I ever did find one -- I would send it along it's merry way (of course), but MAN would I want to "collect" it.

I would be lying if I didn't admit it hasn't crossed our minds. However, I wouldn't be able to log it if weren't for the intestinal fortitude of the previous cachers. It will drive me nuts though when someone does decide to keep it... and I know it will happen.

I am currently in possession of one of Moun10bikes coins, passed to me by a good friend. I'll hang onto it until our annual camp n cache event in a few weeks, and leave it there for the next person to carry for a while, and hopefully they will pass it on.

You can sense the mojo seeping from it.

I don't know the whole deal about geocoins or anything, but it seems to me like it would be really selfish to actually keep one forever. Weren't the coins put out to be moved around the country and be seen and admired by many cachers around the country? Its like when the president campaigns. People that admire him go and get a glimpse of their "treasure", so why wouldn't we do the same in caching? (I know the president probably wasn't the greatest analogy, but don't flame me) Anyway i can see how people keep them a while then pass them to friends, but I think the coins should be circulated as well. Its no fun owning a golden pimp mobile if you can't share it with others, so its probably not fun owning a geocoin and not sharing. Just my thoughts, go easy on me. and yes....golden pimp mobile.

I don't know the whole deal about geocoins or anything, but it seems to me like it would be really selfish to actually keep one forever. Weren't the coins put out to be moved around the country and be seen and admired by many cachers around the country? Its like when the president campaigns. People that admire him go and get a glimpse of their "treasure", so why wouldn't we do the same in caching? (I know the president probably wasn't the greatest analogy, but don't flame me) Anyway i can see how people keep them a while then pass them to friends, but I think the coins should be circulated as well. Its no fun owning a golden pimp mobile if you can't share it with others, so its probably not fun owning a geocoin and not sharing. Just my thoughts, go easy on me. and yes....golden pimp mobile.

Yes, I agree. But people don't understand that a geocoin is a travel bug, and they keep them anyways. So far, I've lost 2 coins to collections, though thankfully, no travel bugs have been kept.

We have been trying to find one for a long time. A friend of ours even had one, but we didn’t know until it was too late. If you look at all the coins description page, you can see why they are hard to find. All the descriptions say "Feel free to place it in a geocache, or pass it on to a friend and see where it goes! If you prefer, you are also welcome to keep it and give it a new home." Not surprising, most of these coins are kept. I see someone even has 2. You would think they would want to at least pass along 1 of them to give someone else a chance. Seeing that these coins have been given their own stat page symbol, we disagree with telling people they can keep them, but they are Moun10Bike’s coins so he has the right to do as he wishes.

Edited by Team Ferret
We have been trying to find one for a long time. A friend of ours even had one, but we didn’t know until it was too late. If you look at all the coins description page, you can see why they are hard to find. All the descriptions say "Feel free to place it in a geocache, or pass it on to a friend and see where it goes! If you prefer, you are also welcome to keep it and give it a new home." Not surprising, most of these coins are kept. I see someone even has 2. You would think they would want to at least pass along 1 of them to give someone else a chance. Seeing that these coins have been given their own stat page symbol, we disagree with telling people they can keep them, but they are Moun10Bike’s coins so he has the right to do as he wishes.

I'm the cacher that has two on my profile.

However I actually only possess one. The coins were given to me and my boss who is not registered on the site after a nighttime run to find Moun10Bike Multi Maze. My boss has never registered on the site so the coin sits in my list while he actually owns the coin. You will note on the webpage that Moun10Bike notes that he left the coins for us. He also knew that I never intended on releasing it and instead share it at events and along the trail.

That being said if you are ever near KC I'll be glad to share the coin I have with you.

But people don't understand that a geocoin is a travel bug, and they keep them anyways. So far, I've lost 2 coins to collections, though thankfully, no travel bugs have been kept.

You must also read the goal of the travel bug/coin. This is where the OWNER decides what is to happen with the item.

YJTB: Jeep wants them to travel around and meet other cachers. Not become trade bait. Not become a personal collection. They want to travel. This is the OWNER's goal.

M10Bike Coins: If you find one YOU have the choice to keep it or move it. That means it is YOUR choice. I think most people who have a coin will let you grab it(as long as you give it back).

I don't understand how people who get upset about not logging a M10Bike coin are the same ones who will think nothing of keeping another tb or Jeep. As long as you are following the owners wishes and the TB's goals. everything is fine.

Yes, I agree. But people don't understand that a geocoin is a travel bug, and they keep them anyways. So far, I've lost 2 coins to collections, though thankfully, no travel bugs have been kept.

I think people don't understand that a TB is a TB and you're rolling the dice it won't disappear when you release one. A coin is a very desirable item that some people want others to move on and some don't mind if they are kept. And you're rolling a two sided dice that's weighted on one side when you release one and hope it doesn't disappear.

I think some folks are trying to log each of the types of caches that are tracked on the site, and the moun10bike coin is one of those. The nearest earthcache to me is over 250 miles away, but I'm not complaining about it not being close to home.

I scored a 1st-edition moun10bike coin from a FTF a couple years ago, but I traded it for a Canada plus an Oregon coin (which was plenty fair to me). Geez, hearing you guys, I probably could have negotiated a new car or something for it.

I think some folks are trying to log each of the types of caches that are tracked on the site, and the moun10bike coin is one of those. The nearest earthcache to me is over 250 miles away, but I'm not complaining about it not being close to home.

I scored a 1st-edition moun10bike coin from a FTF a couple years ago, but I traded it for a Canada plus an Oregon coin (which was plenty fair to me). Geez, hearing you guys, I probably could have negotiated a new car or something for it.

LOL! :ph34r: Tracy and I have been Geocaching since 2001, and when Moun10Bike's coins first appeared, we watched them. I stopped after awhile because many of them never got out of the NW, and if they did, they sure didn't make it near us. Yes, the quick response is you have to be willing to travel to get one. Well, we did travel a lot more then, and believe me, we have driven a few hundred miles to log caches, drop TBs, and pick up TBs.

Particularly with coins, cachers go after them. That isn't whining about others beating us there, it's a statement of fact. Early on when Moun10Bike had the ONLY coin, it was really tough to be in other parts of the country.

YJTB: Jeep wants them to travel around and meet other cachers. Not become trade bait. Not become a personal collection. They want to travel. This is the OWNER's goal.

M10Bike Coins: If you find one YOU have the choice to keep it or move it. That means it is YOUR choice. I think most people who have a coin will let you grab it(as long as you give it back).

I don't understand how people who get upset about not logging a M10Bike coin are the same ones who will think nothing of keeping another tb or Jeep. As long as you are following the owners wishes and the TB's goals. everything is fine.

You are contradicting yourself. On the Moun10bike coin page, their description says to put it in another cache OR pass it on to a friend. It doesn't say for YOU to keep it. I have one from a personal trade with Moun10bike and have no reservation about keeping it. It was not in circulation when it was given to me.

On the Jeep website, it specifically states the jeeps were placed for the 2004 Cache-in adventure. It also states that that program is now over. SO, the YJTB have fullfilled their purpose as stated.