New Cav Scout Coin

Cav Scout

I have a new coin coming in the middle of March 2005. I would like to know what you all think of the design. The first two have been promised to a cacher already, one to keep and one to place in Washington.

I'm always open for a trade for a personal metal geocoin or something similar.

If the picture does not show up click on my profile for a better image.

Cav_scout_coin_i.jpg

I started with a order of 50 coins, then once I saw that I was well within my budget for how much I wanted to spend I increased the number to 100 coins. I figure that will last me for some time. The coins will be traded metal for metal, preferably for other personal geocoins. I will put the rest of the coins in caches that are "not easy to get to" :huh: . I will not place them in caches that I can park next to :mad: ... For every 100 caches I do (give or take a few) I will drop a coin in the cache. Washington state will be the first place for a Cav Scout coin to show up in a cache. Just have to keep on the watchout for one. Always open for a good trade!

I started with a order of 50 coins, then once I saw that I was well within my budget for how much I wanted to spend I increased the number to 100 coins. I figure that will last me for some time. The coins will be traded metal for metal, preferably for other personal geocoins. I will put the rest of the coins in caches that are "not easy to get to" ;) . I will not place them in caches that I can park next to ;) ... For every 100 caches I do (give or take a few) I will drop a coin in the cache. Washington state will be the first place for a Cav Scout coin to show up in a cache. Just have to keep on the watchout for one. Always open for a good trade!

I'm looking forward to grabbing one of your coins via sweat! I think that's my favorite way to get coins.

My coins are ready to go :rolleyes: . Some of you wanted to do a trade with me and I lost some of your addresses. I will do my best to contact you. I will send a coin to the geocachers who have already sent me their geocoins.

Remember I am not selling my coins :blink: . I am more into trading for other personal geocoins or unique personal geo trade make items.

Thank you all for your patience :huh: .

Edited by Cav Scout

Cav Scout generously donated one of his coins as a door prize for the Alaska Interior Cachers Anonymous Event Cache this evening. Three-year old Mini-I Ladybug drew Mommy Ladybug's name out of the decon container, so we are now the proud owners of one of Cav Scout's geocoins.

It's a beautiful coin and we especially like the raven design. We love watching the ravens' antics from deck around our home as the birds bully our sleddogs into giving up their food bowls. The masters of distraction send one bird that the dogs chase and the other ravens swoop in for the food.

Thanks, Cav Scout!!!

51c94708-69f9-4407-8c4b-30d6bd8071da.jpg

b00924d8-7afb-4f60-8c44-f0dac9d23bf7.jpg

Edited by Ladybug Kids

You bet we're hanging on to it...it's a keeper :D!!!

Mini-I Ladybug certainly gets credit for the find in conjunction with Mommy Ladybug for filling out the slip of paper for the drawing :lol:.

But that won't stop us from pursuing any additional cached coins. When are you going to hide some?

We now have a complete set of Cav Scout signature items...the Cav Scout wooden nickel and the coin :D.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

I have recieved several coins over the last week from trades for my geocoins. I am waiting on a card that goes with Cav Scout coins. I am supposed to get the cards today. The coins will be trackable :anibad: .

:anibad: I apologize for taking so long on getting the coins to those of you who traded with me. I want to make sure you get everything that goes with the coin.

WOW!! I received mail from Roy, the boy from Illinois, Cav Scout today. He sent me

#002 Cav Scout geocoin. Just beautiful and well packaged. It will be added to the

GPS Contest which will be on April 10, 2005 in conjunction with the Spring Fling.

Thanks to Roy, Cav Scout, someone is going to be happy in winning it. All prizes will be displayed and the winners can pick from what is left. Guess which one is going to the top winner. Dick, W7WT

Got my Cav Scout coin last week and I am slow at posting... its a great looking coin. The reverse is quite impresive. I've been very impressed by the reverse of several personal coins. I love that as much attention was paid to the back as the front. Coins like this one make mine look pretty plain.

I'm posting new pictures of my collection in the "show me your coins" thread.

Hello Roy, your 002 Cav Scout Geocoin was a big hit at the Spring Fling. GeoDiver was thrilled to win it. Sorry we were unable to get a picture of him with the coin.

There wasn't room in the banquet room for a table to put the prizes and they were just outside the door on a table. I had to be in the banquet room to announce the winners. I understand GeoDiver has thanked you for the coin. Thanks for making our GPS Contest a success. Dick,W7WT