Jump to content

Ban on physical caches.


Genoist
Followers 0

Recommended Posts

This just goes to show what i have been saying for a while. Physical caches should be archived. I have been injured multiple times looking for physical caches or trying to get to them. I've almost been stuck in a swamp, almost fallen off a bridge, and even almost drown! There are too many dangers in searching for these things. I know that many people are probably injured daily in searches. Broken bones, heat stroke, hypothermia, lungs collapsing, etc. I am genuinely worred about the well-being of cachers everywhere and would hate to see people getting injured looking for caches.

 

There is also the subject of injurous things being placed in caches. What if some terrorist REALLY wanted us to think stuff could happen ANYWHERE? They could put a bomb somewhere no one would ever suspect. Someplace people feel safe. In a box in the woods, or in a cache. Think of the poor cacher who would get killed by opening such a container. Also there was Mr. Snazz's post about knives. Dangerous things can easily get tossed in a cache. What if a prisoner working found a cache? He could use the pencil or pen in the cache to stab someone. There are just too many risks in physical caches.

Link to comment

In the same line. Virtual caches should be banned. Since nobody really owns their coordinates those coordinates could be anywere even off trail! People would but virtual caches in rocks, in deserts, and in seweage lagoons. Soon people will be putting these points about at random just to see who dies first trying to dash to the point...

 

Nevermind.

 

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by TeamSJ1:

Also there was Mr. Snazz's post about knives. Dangerous things can easily get tossed in a cache. What if a prisoner working found a cache? He could use the pencil or pen in the cache to stab someone. There are just too many risks in physical caches.


 

Well Mr Snazz also wants to get rid of Ammo Boxes too, he doesn't know what world he is in half the time including all the "lost in the head" people that meet in the mIRC chat room. They all sell Tupperware. So if you try and get all the regular caches archived they will go against you because their Tupperware sales will decline!

 

Now back to your regularly scheduled program

 

MOKAN CACHERS

 

Does anyone have some cache on them?

Link to comment

You all may think it's a joke but Team has a point. Given the recent brouhaha about caching in fragile places, I wonder if we should pre-emptively cut those arguments short and just stick to virtuals and events? Why wait until some agency stomps on us before we implement sensible caching policy?

 

Think about it.

 

Published experts (1, 2) say with certainty that critical situations will arise which are totally unexpected.

Link to comment

Why don't we just do Drive-By (DB Caching)caches, don't have to get out of the car or even stop, just look at it and then come back on line and log it as a find!

 

Wait! That's no good, you might get into a wreck while looking at the DB-Cache (DB Cooper?)and then we will be wanting to ban them too.

 

icon_rolleyes.gif

 

Does anyone have some cache on them?

Link to comment

What? You've got to be kidding, right? It's mid April, so I guess this could be a fools joke, badly timed of course.

 

If this isn't a joke, then be aware that there are really fine doctors out there that can help you deal with these feelings and phobias of dread and doom.

 

Best of luck to you!

 

~ Honest Value Never Fails ~

Link to comment

Some of you people should just crawl under a rock and stay there.....you remind me of the guy in the cabin(The last person alive in this world lives in a cabin on top of a mountain. and the Door is locked!)

 

Danger is all around all of us ALL the time, There is NO escaping it.

 

You can go out and LIVE LIFE....or you can hide and let it pass you by!

 

You don't know HOW good it feels to be alive, until you confront DEATH straight in the FACE!

 

NOW I'm not saying to go out and throw all caution to the wind....But if you're going to be in this SPORT! then you better go in prepared. That means having the RIGHT GEAR, Training and Researching your distination!

 

As they say in Scuba Diving, Plan your DIVE and DIVE your PLAN.

Link to comment

I was going to place a virtual that reqiured you to email me with a picture of the page you signed on the logbook. the coordinates are three dimensional, meaning you would have to dig down 800 feet to find it. I did this since it is in a national park, and it would be under the park rather than in it, but as I was digging, the bottom fell out, and I landed in a cave and was beaten up by spelunkers in an anti-cache frenzy.

 

eyes.GIF

"Searching with my good eye closed"

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by Team Shibby:

Just a side note on the prisoner roadside cleanup crew: They are either trusted prisoners with no reason for escape or they are working off there community service sentence...you did'nt really think those were murderers working on the side of the road did you? icon_smile.gif


 

But what happens when you put a knife in their hands? Or worse yet a McD-Toy!?

 

Does anyone have some cache on them?

Link to comment

TeamSJ1 is either a troll trying to get a rise or they're new and really expressing their concern.

 

My Dawgies sniffer has searched and discovered that they have no finds or hides. They are drawing the conclusions from NO experience and NO resources.

 

~ Honest Value Never Fails ~

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by BloenCustoms:

I was going to place a virtual that reqiured you to email me with a picture of the page you signed on the logbook. the coordinates are three dimensional, meaning you would have to dig down 800 feet to find it. I did this since it is in a national park, and it would be under the park rather than in it, but as I was digging, the bottom fell out, and I landed in a cave and was beaten up by spelunkers in an anti-cache frenzy.

 

http://angelfire.com/pro/bloen/images/eyes.GIF

"Searching with my good eye closed"


 

Hehehehee, now that sounds like the kind of day I've had lately...LOL.

 

Luckily, some people recognized the obvious humor in the original post. Between the NPS, the spelunkers, and our own who insist on having the usual amount of utopian guilt about being able to afford a GPSr, we're lucky this sport is still viable....LOL.

 

But hey, what do I know, I make my traditional caches where you might get swallowed up by quick-sand if you don't watch where you're going...LOL.

 

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

 

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by TeamSJ1:

This just goes to show what i have been saying for a while. Physical caches should be archived. I have been injured multiple times looking for physical caches or trying to get to them. I've almost been stuck in a swamp, almost fallen off a bridge, and even almost drown!


 

Maybe you should avoid going in the woods, doesnt sound like a safe place for you.

 

-J

Link to comment

While we are at it, I'd like to take this time to discuss my lobby against the common pretzel. The fact that President almost died while choking on the evil food aside, everyone knows that pretzels are a gateway drug.

 

First comes the salty treat, next thing you know you have graduated to bugles, and Frito's Flavor Twists. Before you know it, you're downing a bag of Ruffles and a tub of French Onion Dip every night. Then you hit rock bottom by being forced to buy "Ripples" brand chips because that's all you can afford.

 

So join with me and BAN the Pretzel!

 

beatnik

Link to comment

by yumitori ...

 

quote:

They just what to bump off Mr. Snazz's *ammo boxes should be banned* thread...


 

That would be hard to do, thats my favorite Troll thread! A lot of people jumped off the deep end on that one. Mr Snazz = Troll King

 

icon_smile.gif

 

Does anyone have some cache on them?

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by enfanta:

You all may think it's a joke but Team has a point. Given the recent brouhaha about caching in fragile places, I wonder if we should pre-emptively cut those arguments short and just stick to virtuals and events? Why wait until some agency stomps on us before we implement sensible caching policy?

 

Think about it.

 

Published experts (1, 2) say with certainty that critical situations will arise which are totally unexpected.


 

Or maybe team should read the ratings and understand that not all caches are or should be easy. Why have a system to rate a cache if you are only going allow 1X1 caches. Or maybe Team would rather all caches be posted as photographs, then we can all just stay home and log on the we found the photo on line.

Link to comment

We should close down the cutlery shop in the mall, too. Some kid could jump over the counter and impale himself on a knife. Or worse, start a crime spree with a stolen knife.

 

Then we can close the sunglass shop too. Someone could accidently break a lens and cut themselves.

 

After that, why not close the jewelery store? Someone could strangle themselves with a necklace.

 

Can we close Sears? They sell paint, and you know what paint fumes can do...

 

How about the pet store? It's full of animals that can bite.

 

You could drown in the restroom...

 

There could be an earthquake...or tornado...

 

That should keep the troll busy for awhile... Close the computer shop! you could get carpal tunnel or eyestrain! AUUUGH!!! Where will it end...

 

bandbass.gif

Link to comment

For some reason this thread made me think of a T-shirt I saw in the store on the Appalachian Trail

 

You could fall off of a cliff and die

You could run out of food and die

You could get mauled by a bear and die

or you could stay at home and fall off the couch and die.

Link to comment

quote:
Originally posted by Roadster:

Well Mr Snazz also wants to get rid of Ammo Boxes too, he doesn't know what world he is in half the time including all the "lost in the head" people that meet in the mIRC chat room. They all sell Tupperware. So if you try and get all the regular caches archived they will go against you because their Tupperware sales will decline!


 

HEY! I resemble that remark!

 

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

Buy Tupperware for cache containers.

Link to comment

SEE! What did I tell you? Click on beckerbuns link and it goes right to Tupperware sales! No ammo cans, just Tupperware and Tupperware accessories.

 

I want to start my own store called "Spatula City" where all I will sale is spatulas!

 

Does anyone have some cache on them?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Followers 0
×
×
  • Create New...