The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Uh . . . :lol: Not to change the subject, or anything . . .

But, I wonder who will retrieve the UDesignit Card . . . :mad:

Its location. :cry:

I might have to rescue it myself. We need someone who won't get eaten by that devil beast. It'll probably leave me alone -- you know, professional courtesy and all.... :D

send in Jeff when he gets here...the devil will pay homage to the master of devilish caching

Hey all!

Since Christmas is just around the corner, thought I would share some good deals on GPSr's. I just noticed today that the Magellan Roadmate 360 (car navigation system) is now $500 at Costco. The Magellan Explorist 400 is $350 with an instant rebate of $100 and a mail-in rebate of $50 = $200! If anyone is interested and does not have a membership, just e-mail me and I can work my magic!

Robyn :lol:

BTW, Costco's return policy is "100% Member satisfaction" or your money back!

Hey all!

Since Christmas is just around the corner, thought I would share some good deals on GPSr's.  I just noticed today that the Magellan Roadmate 360 (car navigation system) is now $500 at Costco.  The Magellan Explorist 400 is $350 with an instant rebate of $100 and a mail-in rebate of $50 = $200!  If anyone is interested and does not have a membership, just e-mail me and I can work my magic!

Robyn :D

Magellan, what's that? :lol:

Hey all!

Since Christmas is just around the corner, thought I would share some good deals on GPSr's.  I just noticed today that the Magellan Roadmate 360 (car navigation system) is now $500 at Costco.  The Magellan Explorist 400 is $350 with an instant rebate of $100 and a mail-in rebate of $50 = $200!  If anyone is interested and does not have a membership, just e-mail me and I can work my magic!

Robyn :D

Some dude that was the first to sail around the world! :mad:

Edited by TrailGators
Hey all!

Robyn :cry:

Some dude that was the first to sail around the world! :D

T012743A.jpg

This dude? :mad:

Okay . . . ;)

;) ;) :blink:;)

Even Magellan would rather have a Garmin! :lol:

This is starting to sound like the debates we used to have about backpacking stoves 40 years ago - Svea or Primus? :blink: I've got both Garmin and Magellan products but prefer my old Meridian for the large screen, removable SD memory, and combined topographic/streets maps. They've been a great company to work with, too, and I can use the mapping software on an unlimited number of units (we have three Meridians). No biggy though. IMHO, both brands work well and get you to where you're going.

-GD

Ok, someone please turn on the heater out there!  :)

An it's supposed to be colder tomorrow.  :)

If you're trying to make us envious, well, it's not going to work!! :D

It looks like the realization is starting to take effect....

It's cold here too! It was 31 this morning! Burrrr! :P

I know what you mean. I actually had to put a sweater on today, but I am sure that I will probably have to take it off at lunch time. How inconvenient! :unsure:

Ok, someone please turn on the heater out there!  :)

An it's supposed to be colder tomorrow.  :)

If you're trying to make us envious, well, it's not going to work!! :D

But the snow is fun! :PNOT!

66 F there in SD. I hope you guys have your jackets on!

Edit: It's nice and warm here in my office looking out at the snow coming down. Maybe I just won't go home tonight. I could pull some insulation blankets off the Launch Vehicle and make a bed. :unsure:

Edited by RocketMan
I am wondering if anyone is familier with the requirements for the Forest Adventure Pass. Specifically, I am thinking about heading up to grab SCCC#1 and wondering if I need a pass to park. Thanks for the help.

You do not need it for the parking area for SCCC #1. We stopped in that parking lot a few times over the last couple weeks and there are no signs up.

From what others have told me, if they have restrooms nearby you need the pass. If you need to use a bush, it is free parking.

I am wondering if anyone is familier with the requirements for the Forest Adventure Pass.  Specifically, I am thinking about heading up to grab SCCC#1 and wondering if I need a pass to park.  Thanks for the help.

You do not need it for the parking area for SCCC #1. We stopped in that parking lot a few times over the last couple weeks and there are no signs up.

From what others have told me, if they have restrooms nearby you need the pass. If you need to use a bush, it is free parking.

Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to check that cache out for a while.

I am wondering if anyone is familier with the requirements for the Forest Adventure Pass.  Specifically, I am thinking about heading up to grab SCCC#1 and wondering if I need a pass to park.  Thanks for the help.

Essentially you are parking alongside old Highway 80 for SCCC #1, and parking right where the old Boulder Oaks Store was located. Should be no problem unless you come at it from the north where the PCT crosses Kitchen Creek Road at the cattle-guard.

Here's a tip, never leave a vehicle parked at the Boulder Oaks location overnight. Many mornings over the years I've seen four flat tires on vehicles left there overnight. Back-country tribals, reclusives, or Mountain Empire High School pranksters I surmise. Of course it could also be an employee of the towing service.

I hope you enjoy the cache. It's our bland effort but comes with a great view. Unfortunately all the horse poop has decomposed into the soil and sprung up as spring flowers. What goes down must come up?

Edited by SD Rowdies
Unfortunately all the horse poop has decomposed into the soil and sprung up as spring flowers. What goes down must come up?

"Unfortunately"? LOL I must really be in the Wild Wild West if there are folks who actually prefer horse poop to flowers B)

Read the cache description to learn how the horse poop got there. Carpenter from Hell hauled thirty pounds of fresh stuff on his and Khirla's back during our placement ride. It was a feature of SCCC #1 until the seasonal rains came.

There's a terrific cowboy poem about this very discussion.

Bless y'all for considering th' Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Ok, someone please turn on the heater out there!  :D

An it's supposed to be colder tomorrow.  :ph34r:

f965d8af-d923-4b87-82c3-ae0599cd3101.jpg

We are going to Palm Springs and do some caching for three days.

Looks like it will be 70 there.

Perfect caching and Zooming around weather. :ph34r:

Any MUST DO caches we should try??

Nick

Guess it did!

Gaskill 2 is already stirring interest...

December 7 by SM0KEY (3719 found)

Hey Now! LOL

December 7 by Chuy (1974 found)

Duncan! He's stealing your thunder!

The D man was thinking of placing some caches in this area; he may still do so.

December 7 by PassingWind (502 found)

The "Tin of La Palina cigars" are MINE!!

December 7 by WestCoastAdmin (0 found)

Published

December 6 by SM0KEY (3719 found)

White Jeep Travel Bug is here!...from Lawson 4.

Edited by SM0KEY
Intrusion request:

Tiff is nagging me about a either a virtual or a reverse cache where you have to log a site used in a Hollywood movie. Did about a 20 minute search and DNF on locating the name of it. Anyone have it?

Thanks in advance.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...0entry1836891

I believe this was asked recently. Is the cache Duncan! posted the one you are looking for?

Tiff is nagging me about a either a virtual or a reverse cache...

Your spouse "nagging" about doing a cache? Wish I could get my wife to do that!

No kiddin'....I'm jealous.

Mine does that opposite of that......

"Are you doing that geocaching thing this Saturday too?"

"Ummm.....yes, but I'll do all those chores on Sunday!" :)

Thanks for the link LLOT!

Actually, the REI one looks good too - has the tripod mount and weighs quite a bit less:

Tracks Sherlock Walking Staff vs REI Hiker Vibra Stop Staff

Price: $49.00 vs $57.00

Weight: 16.5 ounces vs 10.6 ounces

Shaft material Aluminum vs Aluminum

Maximum length 57.5 inches vs 57 inches

Minimum length 42.5 inches vs 27.5 inches

Item 471038 vs Item 703524

Hmm, that's something to mention to Santa (but not via that #$#$% puzzle cache!) :P

Thanks for the link LLOT!

Actually, the REI one looks good too - has the tripod mount and weighs quite a bit less:

Tracks Sherlock Walking Staff vs REI Hiker Vibra Stop Staff

Price: $49.00 vs $57.00

Weight: 16.5 ounces vs 10.6 ounces

Shaft material Aluminum vs Aluminum

Maximum length 57.5 inches vs 57 inches

Minimum length 42.5 inches vs 27.5 inches

Item 471038 vs Item 703524

Hmm, that's something to mention to Santa (but not via that #$#$% puzzle cache!) :P

For 65 bucks this one also has a camera mount and it folds up to 19" long and weighs 10oz!

......but if I break the REI one in half I can it back to REI!

Edited by TrailGators