Which category for this?

maybe an idea for a new category -- Recreation - Sports Multifarious.

In my area, they have started making Pickleball Courts - which would have the same problem. When I was in school, we had a Flickerball Field - think Basketball-ish goal, played with an American football, absolutely NO CONTACT. Played a lot like Soccer, lots of passing, not much running with the ball.

Edited by vulture1957
52 minutes ago, Alfouine said:

Try tennis facilities

"I tried to fit this into the Tennis Courts category, cause I thought that's the closest I can get. The waymark got approved and then after few hours declined with the statement that this is not Tennis and the definition of Teqball"

I meant Tennis Facilities, maybe I was not precise enough. As said, I tried but nope.

53 minutes ago, vulture1957 said:

maybe an idea for a new category -- Recreation - Sports Multifarious.

In my area, they have started making Pickleball Courts - which would have the same problem. When I was in school, we had a Flickerball Field - think Basketball-ish goal, played with an American football, absolutely NO CONTACT. Played a lot like Soccer, lots of passing, not much running with the ball.

I would love to see such category, as there is clearly a gap. Could even help out.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, razalas said:

I'm working in a category that would fit this, it started as a table tennis but at the time the draft it has englobe more types of similar items.

I will create a group to show the category.

Sounds great :)

I'm the one who originally accepted it. I did contemplate whether it should be accepted or not, but I ended up approving it for several reasons. One, it is classified as table tennis. Another is that there is no other category that it would sit comfortably in. I believe we should accept them. I have no idea why the other officer declined it, but I would object to their decision.

Edited by bluesnote
46 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I haven't seen Pickleball courts, just pickleball being played on tennis courts. It looks like so much fun!! The pickleball store nearby didn't last long-it was turned into a barbershop.

check out Chicken N Pickle or

Greater Okc Pickleball Club

Address: 1312 S Pennsylvania Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73108
Edited by vulture1957
6 hours ago, bluesnote said:

I'm the one who originally accepted it. I did contemplate whether it should be accepted or not, but I ended up approving it for several reasons. One, it is classified as table tennis. Another is that there is no other category that it would sit comfortably in. I believe we should accept them. I have no idea why the other officer declined it, but I would object to their decision.

Thanks for your comment on that. I understand your reasoning and my was the same. No other category, similar, then why not? I can also see the point of the other officer, but this should result in creating a new category like proposed. A mix of various not covered activites or some smaller categories fitting exact sports. I think Waymarking should cover most, when not all, activities, exactly as it is done in other themed categories - there always is a "multifarious", where you can put your place, when all other seems not right. As said I'm happy that some steps were made and I'm ready to help or wait for the result :)

• Upvote 1
On 4/13/2021 at 9:00 PM, Max and 99 said:

Yeah or Nay for Petrosomatoglyphs?

The category mentions "shoemark imprints on concrete" as acceptable, so it should be a Yea...

The imprints were true imprints from the shoes in question. Though they were done in bronze, then set into the concrete, that method is not specifically prohibited.

19 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

The category mentions "shoemark imprints on concrete" as acceptable, so it should be a Yea...

The imprints were true imprints from the shoes in question. Though they were done in bronze, then set into the concrete, that method is not specifically prohibited.

That's why my answer would also rather be Yes, but on the other hand they were done with a bronze copy of the shoes by somebody else. That's why I would understand, if an officer said Nay. I would just try it and accept, whatever the decision is.

• Upvote 1
On 4/19/2021 at 6:46 AM, PISA-caching said:

That's why my answer would also rather be Yes, but on the other hand they were done with a bronze copy of the shoes by somebody else. That's why I would understand, if an officer said Nay. I would just try it and accept, whatever the decision is.

Be that as it may Andreas, she submitted it and I approved it. Couldn't see any reason not to.

Keith

• Upvote 1