I don,t like this way of Geocaching!

agustinr

Sorry, but I don,t like the way of play geocaching based on velocity. I usually advise, that people use to play geocaching collecting the major number of cachés without interchange of objects, without uploading pictures, and without write a letters... only "tftc"...... sorry again but for records are the Guinness book... and there are another competitions for running or cycling or including the orientation modes!!!

Agustín

Sorry, but I don,t like the way of play geocaching based on velocity. I usually advise, that people use to play geocaching collecting the major number of cachés without interchange of objects, without uploading pictures, and without write a letters... only "tftc"...... sorry again but for records are the Guinness book... and there are another competitions for running or cycling or including the orientation modes!!!

Agustín

Then don't play it that way.

Sorry, but I don,t like the way of eating ice cream based on velocity. I usually eat just a little ice cream at a time, savoring the taste for as long as I can. I can't comprehend someone eating ice cream as fast as they can trying to set some Guiness record for the most ice cream eaten. Don't they get an ice cream headache doing this? The whole concept seems silly and not what eating ice cream should be about. :mmraspberry:

Sorry, but I don,t like the way of eating ice cream based on velocity. I usually eat just a little ice cream at a time, savoring the taste for as long as I can. I can't comprehend someone eating ice cream as fast as they can trying to set some Guiness record for the most ice cream eaten. Don't they get an ice cream headache doing this? The whole concept seems silly and not what eating ice cream should be about. :mmraspberry:
Mmm... The saffron-cardamom ice cream at Marianne's is the best! That's what eating ice cream should be about!

Oh no....not the ice cream again.

Somehow, the ice cream example can be used in almost every geocaching thread....and sooner or later it does. It's just a bit early this time :lol::laughing:

Agustín

Game not same to all players. Accept this fundamental truth and you will be at peace, deny it and you will forever be in conflict.

hey, that was pretty zen-like, wasn't it?

Edited by DragonsWest

:omnomnom:

Agustín

I can't understand what they are talking about their post makes no sence.

SS

Agustín

I guess anyone that loads his forum picture sideways, well might want to find a different hobby.

SS

Agustín

SS

It is obvious that English is the OP's second language. I think we can get the gist of what they are saying. No need to bust on the language issue.

Agustín

SS

I'm willing to give the OP the benefit of doubt that English is not his first language, being from Europe and all. <_< And also agree that the power caching trends and meaningless logs are not to my liking either. As has been mentioned before,

the best part of caching is that anybody can do it. Is also the worst part of caching.
Edited by JBnW

Agustín

SS

It is obvious that English is the OP's second language. I think we can get the gist of what they are saying. No need to bust on the language issue.

Yeah, no kidding!! I'm going through this, thinking, some of these are the people that often bash the forum regulars for being rude? Geeze! The OP is not speaking in his native language, obviously, and very possibly using a Google translation, at that.

Agustín, yes, some people like to take it slow and enjoy the sights and sounds and smells, and love to journal their experiences through the online logs, while others do love the race. I have cached both ways, and in general I agree with you, but I have also had fun "power caching" as long as I'm with good friends and we aren't taking it too seriously. No one method is more valid than the other... it is just a matter of personal preference. Sometimes it seems as though the high-speed competitive style is gaining ground, but perhaps that is simply because they log more caches in less time, and so are more visible.

Agustín

SS

Yeah, no kidding!! I'm going through this, thinking, some of these are the people that often bash the forum regulars for being rude? Geeze! The OP is not speaking in his native language, obviously, and very possibly using a Google translation, at that.

Boy, the moderators get cranky when we see people make rude comments about people from non-English speaking countries not being able to speak perfect English. What might be worse is when someone points out bad spelling from someone who does speak English as their first language.

But we won't go there, will we.

Agustín, welcome to the forums and please do not let those that do not understand get you down. Thank you for being a Premium Member.

Agustín

SS

Your post might be pregnant - it missed a period.

And all the magic is gone, it's mis-spelled.

Give the guy a break, he's writting in a (to him) foreign language.

Thanks ALL for understand me, even in my very bad english!!! ;-) I really accept this kind of play geocaching, that you named power-caching, of course, I said only my opinion.

However I did not a presentation, now is my opportunity, my name is Agustín , and I,m form Spain... and I already discover a forum in my main language... not before!!!

Thanks again for your replies, and for the ice creams and other delicious things!!!! :-)

Agustín

Thanks ALL for understand me, even in my very bad english!!! ;-) I really accept this kind of play geocaching, that you named power-caching, of course, I said only my opinion.

However I did not a presentation, now is my opportunity, my name is Agustín , and I,m form Spain... and I already discover a forum in my main language... not before!!!

Thanks again for your replies, and for the ice creams and other delicious things!!!! :-)

Agustín

Your English is 90% better than my Spanish. ;)

Are there power trails appearing in Spain? Are they very popular?

We have never done "power-caching" - You can tell that from our figures - We might get our 1000th cache this summer... we might even move up a gear to try and get it for the UK Mega event on 31st July.

Hmmm. Do you reckon we can get another 50 caches by then? I suppose we could if we were prepared to spend half a day on a "power trail"! :D

Enjoy your caching the way you like it.

I'm a big fan of really good strawberry ice-cream. This is an advantage because the other members of the household tend to go more for the chocolate/caramel/fudge flavours so I usually get to have all the strawberry, but I must admit that the Haagan Dazs dulce de leche is pretty addictive...

MrsB

Agustín

Welcome to the forums Agustin. You sound like a nice person and I understand you just fine. Enjoy the game any way you want to play, it's all good.

Agustín

Welcome to the forums Agustin. You sound like a nice person and I understand you just fine. Enjoy the game any way you want to play, it's all good.

I pretty much understood him too. :D He doesn't like tftc only logs. I'm with you brother. And I probably wouldn't do very good expressing it in whatever your native language is. :)

Somehow, the ice cream example can be used in almost every geocaching thread....and sooner or later it does. It's just a bit early this time :lol::laughing:

You thought it was a little early this time, and Toz didn't. You know what I think about that? :mmraspberry:

:P

I think it's called Tozainamboku's Law - If a a GC forum thread runs long enough eventually someone mentions ice-cream. I'm sure there's a Wikipedia page about it.

I have spent 12 hours getting 1 cache and then the next weekend spent 12 hours getting 100 caches. But even when I find lots of caches I still write up a good deal more than most people. And no it's not all about the numbers, it's all about fun and with the right people 100 park and grabs in a day can be fun (on occasion).

Bacon. It is all about the bacon. How you eat the bacon is very important. Bacon should always be eaten with poached eggs on an English muffin and hash browns

I wrote a paper in a political philosophy class using a very similar similar argument. I really liked that paper! Thanks jholly for reminding me... it's all about the BACON!! Sorry for the off topic post!

Power trails and Power caching are not my cup of tea either.

However - a good bowl of ice cream - who could refuse that?!

Me. I'm lactose intolerant.

And me. Unless it happens to be sugar-free. It's the diabetic thing...

--Larry

save the chocolate for me. I don't eat it but I know someone who do anything for a bowl of it.