Most creative find ever?

The other day I found one that someone placed in the skirt of a lamp post. Who knew that those lifted up???? But apart from that, the most creative caches that I have found include earthcaches in the hoodoos of Bryce Canyon or the Tufas of Mono Lake. It's hard to get any more creative than either of those.

The other day I found one that someone placed in the skirt of a lamp post. Who knew that those lifted up????

Half of mine are like that

yes these are the most common in most areas because of the quick and easy setup factor...and all you have to do is buy a keyholder...a nice twist on this to make it slightly different is to actually attach the cache to the underside of the actual skirt instead of connecting it to the lamp post..being able to see it right when you lift the skirt....a few in my area are like the way i mentioned and most people lift the skirt and do not find it because they never actually reach in and up to get it off the underside....

The other day I found one that someone placed in the skirt of a lamp post. Who knew that those lifted up????

Half of mine are like that

yes these are the most common in most areas because of the quick and easy setup factor...and all you have to do is buy a keyholder...a nice twist on this to make it slightly different is to actually attach the cache to the underside of the actual skirt instead of connecting it to the lamp post..being able to see it right when you lift the skirt....a few in my area are like the way i mentioned and most people lift the skirt and do not find it because they never actually reach in and up to get it off the underside....

did that once the skirt cover was broken and glued down

The other day I found one that someone placed in the skirt of a lamp post. Who knew that those lifted up???? But apart from that, the most creative caches that I have found include earthcaches in the hoodoos of Bryce Canyon or the Tufas of Mono Lake. It's hard to get any more creative than either of those.

:rolleyes:

Imagine finding a wooden box with the lid padlocked shut. :lol:

Imagine searching extensively for the key. :rolleyes:

Imagine finally discovering that there isn't a bottom to the box. :rolleyes:

I had a similar idea. Get an ammo can, heavy chain, and a large combo lock. Find some way to lock the ammo can shut, and chain it to a large tree. The trick is finding a large combo lock that can be modified so that the back can be removed and replaced easily. Put the log sheet inside the lock.

We found a container with magnets on it stuck to the back side of a guard rail.

It was really cool.

I found a grey/black 35mm film cannister with a magnet glued to it stuck under the dumpster behind the 7-11

couldn't sign the log because it was mush but i was sooooooo stoked to find someone used a film cannister in this way.

was so excited i haven't slept in months!

I found a public pay phone that said "Not in service" on it. Yet when I picked up the receiver looking for the cache, a voice said to punch in a certain phone number to find what I was seeking.....

When I put the number from the cache page in, and electromagnet released a cache from the bottom of the phone booth kiosk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::lol:;):D:)B)B)B)B)

Another one I did was a severed human head (mask) cast with a cache inside. B)

Another one I did was a human sized mousetrap. B)

Another one I did was a custom made geocaching coffin. B)

Another one I did was made to look like a bolt in a sign post, but was actually pvc with a bolt head glued to it.

I've done several that were bird houses and one was probably big enough to fit 2 toddlers inside.

I've done several that were locking electrical boxes that obviously had NO conduit leading to them.

I cache by word of mouth, by spider sense, and by convenience. It never seems to steer me wrong. :rolleyes:

Edited by Snoogans

I really hope there's more sarcasm going on here than I fear there is.

Not the most creative ever, I'm quite sure, but the best I've seen personally was a fake birdhouse suspended over the middle of a river via a pulley system that had to be traced through several hundred feet of woods to find the lowering mechanism.

Edited by Dinoprophet

I've done a 2 stage puzzle. First stage is a birdhouse with a bunch of baggies of "tools" in it. You take one and go to stage 2. Stage 2 is another birdhouse that you have to use the "tools" to open but it is up to you to figure out how. The tools consist of a popsicle stick, balloon, rubber band, paper clip, and one more thing.

Ive also found an ammobox locked shut with the key attached to the other side. It had an eye bolt with one of those metal games where you have to figure out how the two pieces come apart in order to get the key off. Can't solve the puzzle, can't sign the log.

An entire diorama of a pirate scene from under the front steps of the CO's home. It measured approx. 4'x6'. When you opened the door, the lights came on. A skeleton key on a chain unlocked a trap door in the floor to reveal the swag and log book, which was leather bound with skull and crossbones. And a goblet in a cell was hinged to tip forward and reveal trackables.

Edited by wimseyguy

The most creative find we found is now achieved. It was Load Limit, a 3 stage Multi. It took us a year to find the first two stage, mostly the second stage, because we were new. The first stage was very creative! All the bridge have a load limit but one had a second. It was done very nice and was a fun cache. Check out the other pictures on the cache pages.

0aa3b16e-70f7-4abe-b0f4-70868dc1e86d.jpg

I enjoyed the cache that was in the hollow of a tree way beyond the reach of a person with very long arms.

I was ready to give up even though I was sure it was there until the light bulb came on and I thought to feel around the inside edges of the hole and discovered a fine chain attached to it. Pulling on the chain brought up the cache from the dark depths of the tree. It help me to really start thinking out of the box for cache hide spots.

i came up with an idea for a cache box last night...it will be a 6 compartment box with 6 seperate lids and master locks on them...it will be part of a puzzle so the person will find the first key and come to this box as the final...they will have to figure out which compartment that key goes to...when they open the first compartment there will be a set of two keys....one key will be obsolete and the other will open another compartment...when they open the next one...there will be a set of three keys.........and so on...the reason the key numbers increase is because the number of possible compartments to open decrease and the chances of opening the right one are slimmer...so with more keys a person will spend about the same time on each compartment

Edited by mypaperpast

Interesting concept, but how will you ensure that the finder puts everything back in the order you intend it to be set up in?

well i guess the only thing i could do about that is politely ask on the cache page to place the last set of keys they used in the box they got them from and lock it back before using the next set of keys...the cachers in my area are very prestine in following the replacement guidlines...and i do know most of them....that and i would place this cache close by my house so i would be able to provide daily maintenance if needed....i don't think there would be a full proof idea to ensure proper replacement though...

I found a cache under a lamp pole skirt once...

What is a lamp pole skirt?

if you're in a parking lot go up to the lamp posts that are all over the place and you lift the little black metal looking box that covers the bolts the attach the pole to the concrete

Huh? Those are bolted down, aren't they?

I found a cache under a lamp pole skirt once...

What is a lamp pole skirt?

if you're in a parking lot go up to the lamp posts that are all over the place and you lift the little black metal looking box that covers the bolts the attach the pole to the concrete

Huh? Those are bolted down, aren't they?

yes...that's exactly what i said...if you look at one it has a concrete base about 3 feet tall....usually yellow...at least in my area....and the metal pole bolts to that...if you look there is a black metal box...black in my area that is...and you lift that up...slides right up the pole to access the bolts....people in my area put caches like that up everywhere...there's at least one in every parking lot in this town...its not creative and quite boring if you ask me....but if you're into park and grabs that's the way to go....we call them skirt lifters in my area....

PICT0845.jpg

PICT0846.jpg

i posted these on another thread but figured i'd post them here as well...this is how i do all my log books....because i hate log sheets that are all stapled together and trying to roll them up is just such a hassle...with these it's just one continuous piece of paper that rolls back into the canister with ease...(adopted from a youtube video that shows a lady unrolling one...i figured out how to make them on my own)

PICT0845.jpg

PICT0846.jpg

i posted these on another thread but figured i'd post them here as well...this is how i do all my log books....because i hate log sheets that are all stapled together and trying to roll them up is just such a hassle...with these it's just one continuous piece of paper that rolls back into the canister with ease...(adopted from a youtube video that shows a lady unrolling one...i figured out how to make them on my own)

Wow. That's where we used to hide these...

mickey_full.jpg

I found a public pay phone that said "Not in service" on it. Yet when I picked up the receiver looking for the cache, a voice said to punch in a certain phone number to find what I was seeking.....

You've definitely seen some really interesting ones (esp. the human sized mousetrap)! Hopefully someday I'll have stories just as interesting.

I found one that required me to crack a Masterlock (instructions included). Using the combination, you then calculate the final coordinates.

The greatest hide I've ever found was at a community baseball park. The cache container was located just beneath the scoreboard. But where? I looked....and looked....and looked. I posted a DNF when another cacher asked if I wanted a hint. I reluctantly said yes and he told me to stand back and look at the fence more closely. Man, I had been ALL OVER that fence but I figured I'd go try again.

Went back out there and noticed....yes....yes.....the posts are equidistant from one another by about 15' or so....yes...except for THAT one! Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the little pieces of bendable wire that hold the chain link fence to the post were "sloppy" looking as if they had been taken off a few times. Wait a minute! That post has a cut in it! Didn't know it at the time (because of my brute strength) I thought the whole pole was to come out of the ground. Nope....just unscrew it. He had shoved two pieces of smaller PLUMBING pipe inside the top and bottom piece of the post that were threaded. Inside was a film cannister.

Another, what I thought was a slick redirect in a multi cache, was on a bridge guardrail. The guardrail has an expansion joint in it. You slide the expansion joint (kinda tough to do) to one side and there are stenciled numbers struck into the metal of the expansion joint with the next set of coords. Blew my mind because I had seen them before but didn't realize they were coords for the next stage.

Edited by Casting Crowns

Thats's funny. Lampskirts.Whoever thought of this was a genuis.

Thats's funny. Lampskirts.Whoever thought of this was a genuis.

Yeah, he's right up there with the first guy to eat a raw oyster.

PICT0845.jpg

PICT0846.jpg

mickey_full.jpg

Found it! Thanks for the cache. Left mini-compass, took Mickey Mouse tattoo. This is a really beautiful spot... it's the first time I've ever seen blue trees and a green sky! The squirrels and the bluebirds here can talk, too! Ooooh, pretty!

PICT0845.jpg

PICT0846.jpg

mickey_full.jpg

Found it! Thanks for the cache. Left mini-compass, took Mickey Mouse tattoo. This is a really beautiful spot... it's the first time I've ever seen blue trees and a green sky! The squirrels and the bluebirds here can talk, too! Ooooh, pretty!

Hey, look... there's
!

PICT0845.jpg

PICT0846.jpg

mickey_full.jpg

werfcxsDitto!!!werfvcxs 56yhgfrTypingtyhbvft 23edxzaqwith56yhgfdr 34rfdswelbows.wedxza

89olkjuI wedcxzaseemnjk, 56yhgfrto90plki yujnbghave34rfdsw erfcxsedroppederfvcxs qwszallqwsz njk,myuhgt678 rtgvcdfingerswedcxza

:):D:D:cool::grin: