Why go Premium?

Donuts. We all get donuts every Tuesday morning.
HUH???!!!??? :anibad:

It really hurts being left out of the donut club.

But I thought you were a premium member!!

Don't you get any donuts?

Well e-mail me your address and Ill send you some!!!! I'd be happy to share my member donuts!!!

Besides the donuts, I like the bookmark lists.

We have bookmark lists for the night caches in the area, the challenge caches, etc, etc. etc.

I don't know if you can view bookmarks with a regular membership, but you can't make them with a regular membership. So because of that you can't do most challenge caches which require that you make a bookmark list.

Also, you can find caches along a route, which is helpful when traveling. Saves a lot of work.

Also, I get text messages on my cell phone when there is a new cache published within ten miles of my house. this allows me to be first to find, if I ever get out the door when my phone goes off.

Member only caches are worth it alone.

I want to become a Premium Member and I am wondering why should I? I just want to kn w what the benefits of being a Premium member will be???? So what are the cool ones?

One of the lesser known benefits is that the letter "o" will not be left out when you type "know". It could be embarassing when your handle is, say, knowschad. Somehow "kn wschad" doesn't have the right ring to it. Even if he doesn't get any donuts.

I can't really add to the information already provided. I'd just like to add that with pocket queries, geocaching becomes a lot more convenient. Perhaps an iPhone would be even more convenient (I don't know, I don't have one) but unless you already have an iPhone, Groundspeak charges a lot less than AT&T. Not to mention, their logo doesn't look like the Death Star.

Oh, has anyone mentioned the Off Topic forums yet? I'm not sure if it is cool, but it sure is hilarious sometimes.

Edited by Chrysalides

I want to become a Premium Member and I am wondering why should I? I just want to kn w what the benefits of being a Premium member will be???? So what are the cool ones?

Alex :anibad:

:anibad:

Good Question... I have a 'trial' membership and I can't see any difference at all.. Im not getting ANY notifications of different Caches that non members get.. nothin.. nadda... zip!..... what's with that??

One way of saying thanks for having the geocaching.com website which lists our caches! We thought that just one PM would be enough, but I missed out on quite a few caches for Premium Members - even though I found some of them! For what you get, it is worth every cent - and the iced donuts...mmmmm! Notifications of new caches are neat - and watching the FTF hounds get those notifications at events is great fun! Took us about 18 months to take the plunge...we should have done it sooner.

HUH???!!!??? :D

Well e-mail me your address and Ill send you some!!!! I'd be happy to share my member donuts!!!

We have bookmark lists for the night caches in the area, the challenge caches, etc, etc. etc.

I don't know if you can view bookmarks with a regular membership, but you can't make them with a regular membership. So because of that you can't do most challenge caches which require that you make a bookmark list.

Also, you can find caches along a route, which is helpful when traveling. Saves a lot of work.

Also, I get text messages on my cell phone when there is a new cache published within ten miles of my house. this allows me to be first to find, if I ever get out the door when my phone goes off.

I've been a member for a few months now and really enjoy the PQ's but I'm still not sure I understand the Bookmarks?

Can you explain please?

I've been a member for a few months now and really enjoy the PQ's but I'm still not sure I understand the Bookmarks?

Can you explain please?

You can create a bookmark list and add selected caches to it. For example a "To Do List" bookmark. You would add caches that you think are special from the description or from recommendations of other cachers. You could then run a PQ from that list. Or if you are working on a challenge cache that requires finding a certain set of caches you could add them to the bookmark list as you found them.

No. I have never gotten my donuts. Ever! :D

Thanks for the email offer, but would you mind flying some to me via the Leer Jet? I've somehow never really cared for digitized donuts.

I'm not a premium member either and have been contemplating getting one. I work as a charter pilot and am in lots of new towns every week which makes the experience awesome. Can you get PQ in the area you are in or is it only in your listed home area

You can center your PQ's on any set of coordinates. You can run 5 per day and up to 500 caches per PQ.

I'm not a premium member either and have been contemplating getting one. I work as a charter pilot and am in lots of new towns every week which makes the experience awesome. Can you get PQ in the area you are in or is it only in your listed home area

You can create a PQ for any area you are going to visit. They are not limited to your home co-ordinates or a radius there of.

PQs are strictly restricted to one local area. Nothing off planet.

Just to amplify a bit. PQs are restricted to one specific area. You can, however, create a PQ for any area at any time - up to 5 per day. When I leave home on a trip, destination caches are already loaded into my GPS, including caches along the route if I am driving.

About that "off the planet" thing - speak for yourself. :D

Just to amplify a bit. PQs are restricted to one specific area. You can, however, create a PQ for any area at any time - up to 5 per day. When I leave home on a trip, destination caches are already loaded into my GPS, including caches along the route if I am driving.

About that "off the planet" thing - speak for yourself. :D

I stick to the off planet thing. You can not get a PQ for off planet. At least not on the standard Premium Membership.

I stick to the off planet thing. You can not get a PQ for off planet. At least not on the standard Premium Membership.

That's all I can say.

Back to the OP's question: I became a premium member to get the PQs, not to support the site. Now things are reversed. I genuinely need to support the website that helps make caching so much fun.

Here is a list of my PQs

1. Route Pocket Query (250) 29 palms run,

2. Pocket Query (50) bass pro shops

3. Pocket Query (150) Chino

4. Pocket Query (200) Corona/Riverside

5. Pocket Query (150) covina

6. Pocket Query (250) Cypress

7. Pocket Query (100) Irwindale

8. Pocket Query (200) Lake Elsinore

9. Pocket Query (200) Lake Forest

10. Pocket Query (500) lancaster

11. Pocket Query (120) Long Beach/Lakewood

12. Pocket Query (500) Nashville

13. Pocket Query (100) new years day

14. Pocket Query (200) ontario

15. Pocket Query (200) palm springs

16. Pocket Query (100) Redlands

17. Pocket Query (40) San Diego

18. Pocket Query (100) Santa Ana

19. Pocket Query (100) Santee-Lakeside

20. Pocket Query (150) south OC

21. Pocket Query (50) Sun City

22. Pocket Query (200) Temecula

My Finds Last Generated (PST)

You can receive a Pocket Query containing a list of all the caches you have found, along with your log entries. Running this query will add it to the current queue for the day.

*The Pocket Query can only run once every 7 days. 11/7/2009 11:31:38 AM

Pocket Query Legend

- Standard Pocket Query | - Bookmark Pocket Query | - User Route Pocket Query

- Preview your Pocket Query | - Preview your Pocket Query in Google Maps | - Copy attributes of Pocket Query

You can create up to 40 queries. However, a maximum of 5 queries can be run each day.

Searches with lines through them are deleted searches that ran in the last 24 hours.

As you can see it's quite a bit more then your home location.

Hope this helps PQs are great :D:D

In between belly buttons, corporate jets and donuts, this one seems to have been missed.

Bookmarks is essentially what it sounds like, you can create a list (let's say, "solved puzzles") and then add geocaches to it. That list is called a bookmark. Your bookmark can be private or shared with everyone. You can create a PQ out of a bookmark. This is useful when, for example, you're looking at geocaches in a city you're visiting, bookmarking those you intend to search for, then later generating a PQ of only those geocaches. Less clutter than getting all geocaches within a radius.

A special category of bookmark is the ignore list.

In between belly buttons, corporate jets and donuts, this one seems to have been missed.

Bookmarks is essentially what it sounds like, you can create a list (let's say, "solved puzzles") and then add geocaches to it. That list is called a bookmark. Your bookmark can be private or shared with everyone. You can create a PQ out of a bookmark. This is useful when, for example, you're looking at geocaches in a city you're visiting, bookmarking those you intend to search for, then later generating a PQ of only those geocaches. Less clutter than getting all geocaches within a radius.

A special category of bookmark is the ignore list.

Get your money back from Evelyn Wood.

About that "off the planet" thing - speak for yourself. :rolleyes:

Nope, individual PQs aren't limited to a specific area :D You can make a bookmark list containing any caches anywhere (limited to this planet, of course) and then run a PQ of the bookmark! This feature was so handy when I went on a monthlong cross country roadtrip last year! I made a list of everything we might be interested in finding, and then had a single PQ for the whole trip! (and a couple location specific PQs for major metropolitan areas where clicking every cache we *might* want to find would have been a pain)

My reasons for becoming a PM: Bookmarks & PQs, and supporting a site that gives me so much enjoyment. The donuts are pretty great too!

I do it for three main reasons:

1. Support Groundspeak.

2. Pocket queries.

3. Ability to download the gpx file. I go after gpx files and then do a single upload instead of spending time with the widget on the site. I download in batches of 10 or more so letting the browser widget do that takes for ever. If I was doing one to 5 transfers to my receiver then I use the widget.

Guy

Supporting the site, access to premium only caches and PQs are why I do it. It's cheap and worth it.

The bookmark thing? I don't really see the benefit if it yet. I can never see anyone elses bookmarks, and I don't really understand why I'd want to make one? Anybody willing to shed some light?

If you chase challenge caches, like the delorme and all counties challenge caches many states have, bookmark lists become quite useful in tracking your status.