04. Crowesfeat30 --- St. Louis, MO

05. Lucecitka --- Praha, Czech republic

06. gorfner --- Fayetteville, NC

07. LadyBee4T & TeamEccs21--Southfield, Michigan GC2BBQ5

08. kayakerinme - Portland Maine

09. NOSNOW - Minnesota (Twin Cities) GC2C0TP

10. Space Coast Geocachers Merritt Island, FL

11. hjnielsen - Kaysville, Utah

12. LionsLair - Forgotten Coast, Florida (Apalachicola/Mexico Beach)

13. AlliedOz - Perth, Western Australia

14. JoenSue - New Jersey

15. AtlantaGal - South Carolina (Myrtle Beach)

16. mmacgown - Long Island, New York

17. anne.and.eli - Santa Cruz/San Jose, CA

18. Cache_in_Hand, MustangJoni & Hedge Hopper - Dallas, TX

19. fatkidsOTWunite - Georgia (Columbus)

20. Vanelle - Ithaca, NY

21. Cache Addict - Denver, Colorado

22. mar-elendili - Switzerland

23. GeoGerms and 808ladybug - O'ahu, Hawai'i

24. WebXXI & Fraldinhas - Portugal

25. Lizzardman - UK

26. Lag Pins - Ft Myers, FL

27. mattfamily - Akron, Ohio

28. Cache Kitty ---- Lafayette, Indiana

Lisa, is that you? :blink:

I guess I have to ask the big question...how much would a coin person have to put up front to be able to do these. I know there has to be upfront costs here.

That'll be the big issue for me. That and not being sure I'd be able to sell enough on site to make said cost back.

I'm not real familiar about making/buying coins. Even though I do have an idea I want to do...

This got lost in the event lists.

Any info please?

Count us in for Eindhoven, The Netherlands

- What will be the price indication and minimum quantity ?

01. Avroair --- Seattle

02. BAT --- Northeast Illinois

03. ELTADA --- Ontario

14. JoenSue - New Jersey

20. Vanelle - Ithaca, NY

25. Lizzardman - UK

29. Woejam - Eindhoven, The Netherlands

I guess I have to ask the big question...how much would a coin person have to put up front to be able to do these. I know there has to be upfront costs here.

That'll be the big issue for me. That and not being sure I'd be able to sell enough on site to make said cost back.

I'm not real familiar about making/buying coins. Even though I do have an idea I want to do...

Any info please?

I don't have info on this event, as I'm sure it's still being worked out (cost per coin goes down with the more coins you get). However, for the 10 years! event, it was ~$5.50/coin, with 100 coin minimum buy in. So $550 up front cost. If you sold all 100 coins at $10, you would end up making $450. Of course, running an event also takes money, especially if you reserve a site or provide food. I know for my event it ended up running slightly in the red, but that's because I didn't plan it well enough.

I believe the 9/9/9 event was a reserve minimum of 50 coins, but I'd guess the per coin cost was a bit higher since fewer coins were ordered. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the 10/10/10 event will be similar minimum order and cost as the 9/9/9 event. So 50 minimum, maybe ~$6/coin? So ~$300 buy in.

Any info please?

I believe the 9/9/9 event was a reserve minimum of 50 coins, but I'd guess the per coin cost was a bit higher since fewer coins were ordered. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the 10/10/10 event will be similar minimum order and cost as the 9/9/9 event. So 50 minimum, maybe ~$6/coin? So ~$300 buy in.

Mark told me last night, minimum order of 100 coins per color-combo and there's a price break if an event orders 200+ of their coin version. Oakcoins will buy back up to 50 coins of any event version.

But yeah, this will run between $500 and $600 upfront to participate definitely. Less I guess if you plan to sell some back.

Edited by AtlantaGal

I am currently getting a quote, pricing will be around $5 per coin. Plus shipping. Minimum order is 100 coins, with Oakcoins offering a buyback or up to 50. So the upfront costs are upwards of $500-$600. I really don't want to see events in eachothers backyards, so please see if there is anything within 150 miles of you and team up... if there are two official caching groups that are separate then that's fine.

Website for color choice, ordering etc.

http://sites.google.com/site/101010geocoin/]10 10 10 Geocoins[/url]

I am camping this weekend so any email sent to me will be responded to on Sunday. And be admitted to the site contact me or Emma@oakcoins.com

Name:

Caching Name:

Event Region:

Address:

Email Address:

Color & Plating choices sent.

Man, I have not even seen the site yet... :P Insufficient privileges... :D No invite for me.?.?.? :lol:

CF30

Did you email both emma & mark? Did you click the link in mark's post again? I did and I was in. I didn't get any notification, I just tried on my own.

Man, I have not even seen the site yet... :( Insufficient privileges... :( No invite for me.?.?.? :unsure:

CF30

Did you email both emma & mark? Did you click the link in mark's post again? I did and I was in. I didn't get any notification, I just tried on my own.

I tried the link and no access yet but I know it will come. I have my color pencils sharpened and ready!!

01. Avroair --- Seattle

02. BAT --- Northeast Illinois

03. ELTADA --- Ontario

14. JoenSue - New Jersey

20. Vanelle - Ithaca, NY

25. Lizzardman - UK

29. Woejam - Eindhoven, The Netherlands

30. mirotiro - Pilsen, Czech rep.

Email send to Emma :unsure:

Are those of us from last year getting preference to our colors? I want to use the same colors again and the same plating.

Apparantly not. I had to change mine last night.

I think it's first come, first serve... but that's a GUESS.

Can someone give me access to the site then please? I did email Emma on Friday.

Edited by CacheAddict.com

Man, I have not even seen the site yet... :( Insufficient privileges... :( No invite for me.?.?.? :unsure:

CF30

Yes, I e-mailed both. Mark says he invited me but I still cannot get in. Mark can you post the link again, please? Currently I'm in Colorado visiting my son who's about to get deployed so I can't make any color choices anyway right now. Laptop shows color different than home 'puter...

'Nother question: How long do we have to make the choices? I'm wanting to get the local group involved with a quick "Choose the Colors" cointest.

CF30

Yes, I e-mailed both. Mark says he invited me but I still cannot get in. Mark can you post the link again, please? Currently I'm in Colorado visiting my son who's about to get deployed so I can't make any color choices anyway right now. Laptop shows color different than home 'puter...

'Nother question: How long do we have to make the choices? I'm wanting to get the local group involved with a quick "Choose the Colors" cointest.

CF30

Hmm, I don't know then. I know you need a gmail account to access. I had to provide that along with my regular non-gmail email addy.

The site says 7/29 is deadline. I'd imagine dates would change if access issues continue.

Here's the schedule on the site currently:

Color choice setup: July 20th

Color Choices deadline: July 29th

Art approval date: Aug 4th

Payments received/order by: Aug 9th

http://sites.google.com/site/101010geocoin/

Edited by AtlantaGal

Sent separate emails to Emma and Mark but I can't get in either :unsure:

I'm getting the No Admittance message as well :(

You need to send me your info. :(

Were are we supposed to send it to? I sent Emma an email and you a PM, is that sufficient?

Hmm, I don't know then. I know you need a gmail account to access. I had to provide that along with my regular non-gmail email addy.

The site says 7/29 is deadline. I'd imagine dates would change if access issues continue.

Here's the schedule on the site currently:

Color choice setup: July 20th

Color Choices deadline: July 29th

Art approval date: Aug 4th

Payments received/order by: Aug 9th

http://sites.google.com/site/101010geocoin/

wow, that schedule is just to tight for me at the moment, I figured we would have at least several (6-8) weeks to prepare... two weeks is just not going to work for me... guess I'll be dropping out of this project.... I've got way too many irons already in the fire at the present time with another project... maybe next time I'll be better prepared for a quicker reaction time!

Best of luck everyone...

wow, that schedule is just to tight for me at the moment, I figured we would have at least several (6-8) weeks to prepare... two weeks is just not going to work for me...

6-8 weeks to pick some colors? :( Should only take 6-8 minutes! :D Or for some of us 6-8 hours!

wow, that schedule is just to tight for me at the moment, I figured we would have at least several (6-8) weeks to prepare... two weeks is just not going to work for me...

6-8 weeks to pick some colors? :( Should only take 6-8 minutes! :D Or for some of us 6-8 hours!

Hey, you going to make the participant database viewable for us like the 10 Years one was? That way people can make sure their coin colors are different from other events.

picking colors is the easy part... actually I was leaning toward a colorless coin! :) metal only! ...if antique copper was available...

it's the payment deadline I wouldn't be able to make, got money tied up elsewhere at the moment... I guess I should have zigged, instead I zagged and can't meet that deadline at this time... thought I'd at least have until late Aug/Sept to pay... lesson learned, I'll know better next time, no one to blame but myself...