Powers of Ten (TEN)

avroair

Sample color scheme:

e97c3e97-5841-4cfa-bd3f-96f2341e4c5f.jpg

One change is on the back, the black ring can now be filled with color.

Dude, that's more than 5 colors ;-)

It looks like you are using 2 different colors for alternate Area 5, Area 6, Area 7 and Area 8. I didn't think you could do that. Please let me know!

Sample color scheme:

It looks like you are using 2 different colors for alternate Area 5, Area 6, Area 7 and Area 8. I didn't think you could do that. Please let me know!

Yeah you can do that, BUT only can use 5 total colors max on this coin side. This artwork is using 8, I believe.

Does anybody have access to the spreadsheet? I'd like to check the colors chosen so far but can't get in there...

Nope.

I can't get in either but I thought that it was because a gmail account I have that has no privileges bumps my Yahoo account that does. But I can see all of the pages except the Participants page. Weird! :)

CF30

Does anybody have access to the spreadsheet? I'd like to check the colors chosen so far but can't get in there...

Nope.

I can't get in either but I thought that it was because a gmail account I have that has no privileges bumps my Yahoo account that does. But I can see all of the pages except the Participants page. Weird! :)

CF30

...not wierd...someone needs to flip the on switch for approved members ...or delete that menu item so your not tormented... :D

Edited by JoenSue

I'm sorry, what exactly do you mean "the black ring on the back"?? B) I thought that the black areas were raised metal, gray semi-recessed and white recessed metal. If this is not the case, we need to know exactly what is raised, semi-recessed and recessed because otherwise our color choices will turn out very different that we are envisioning... :D Here is a pic. which is the "black ring to which you are referring? A, B or C? Or all of the above?

powersof10backa.jpg

I have one more day to submit my color choices and I'm getting confused! :)

CF30

I'm sorry, what exactly do you mean "the black ring on the back"?? B) I thought that the black areas were raised metal, gray semi-recessed and white recessed metal. If this is not the case, we need to know exactly what is raised, semi-recessed and recessed because otherwise our color choices will turn out very different that we are envisioning... :D Here is a pic. which is the "black ring to which you are referring? A, B or C? Or all of the above?

powersof10backa.jpg

CF30

I'm confused too but I just took a look at the artwork again. He shows A as recessed now ( white) and the numbers raised (black).

I'm sorry, what exactly do you mean "the black ring on the back"?? :) I thought that the black areas were raised metal, gray semi-recessed and white recessed metal. If this is not the case, we need to know exactly what is raised, semi-recessed and recessed because otherwise our color choices will turn out very different that we are envisioning... B) Here is a pic. which is the "black ring to which you are referring? A, B or C? Or all of the above?

powersof10backa.jpg

CF30

I'm confused too but I just took a look at the artwork again. He shows A as recessed now ( white) and the numbers raised (black).

But the "Color Me" is still black with white lettering... :P And the deadline is ticking away... :D

CF30

Also is the area numbered 2 basically the areas numbered 6 & 8 combined? (and area 4 - 5 & 7 combined?)

If so I don't need to list colors for areas 5,6,7 & 8? 'Cause that's covered by the colors chosen for areas 2 & 4?? B):)

powersof10-colorguidefront.jpg

CF30

Oh no Sarah I thought I had it figured out and now I'm confused again :D

I took #2 to be the same as #7 and #4 the same as #8 and didn't include 5 & 6 with those. So if 6 + 7 = 2 then I have to change my whole color scheme. And here I always thought I was really good at math too! :)

Edited by LadyBee4T

Also is the area numbered 2 basically the areas numbered 6 & 8 combined? (and area 4 - 5 & 7 combined?)

If so I don't need to list colors for areas 5,6,7 & 8? 'Cause that's covered by the colors chosen for areas 2 & 4??

Think I can get this one.

1 is blue

2 is pink

3 is white

4 is light yellow

5 is ???

6 is ???

7 is orange

8 is light purplish/pink

Ok now I have to ask. In the numbered artwork there is only one area labeled 5 and 6 so you should only be able to have 2 colors there but in the colored artwork that was posted there is 2 different colors for each (makes 4 total).

Someone else can try.

If so I don't need to list colors for areas 5,6,7 & 8? 'Cause that's covered by the colors chosen for areas 2 & 4?? :D:)

CF30

There are 8 different areas that can be color filled by 5 total color choices.

If you REALLY look at the art, 2&4 and 7&8 are different sizes (length) and are thus different in that sense. They can be colored all the same or all different. In other words for those 4 areas, you can use one color or up to four colors.

Yeah you can do that, BUT only can use 5 total colors max on this coin side. This artwork is using 8, I believe.

Now I am confused, you can only use 5 but the sample artwork shows 8. Scratching my head.

You can have the areas 5/6 alternate like the artwork but the line drawing doesn't show that. Can I get an email from mark or emma on what areas we can actually color.

Thanks

I thought it was B but Marks artwork shows that 5&6 can be different on each point.

Not to confuse things more but if you go to the new artwork on the google site 7 and 8 are mixed up compared to how they were. 2 and 7 were in the same place and now it is 2 and 8.

HELP!

I have submitted my colors and will wait to approve mint ready artwork. That will be easier then trying to understand all these changes that we are suppose to follow in less then 2 days.

Ok so I guess we need to know which is correct - A or B

A

powersof10-colorguidefronta.jpg

B

powersof10-colorguidefrontb.jpg

If it's B then there is really no need for one of (2 & 4) or (7 & 8)

If it's A then one really would not need to state colors for 4, 5, 7 & 8...

CF30

Neither one.

You're using 8 colors in the first and 7 colors in the second one. You can only use 5 total colors in the 8 different areas.

BUT, if I ignore the multiple colors in the first one and make them all the same, then you DO illustrate the 8 different areas correctly.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Sample color scheme:

Yes it is, it's the sample of all the AREAS that can be colored in. There are total of 8 areas that can be colored, however you have to limit your coloring to 5 colors... meaning some of the areas will have the same color.

Making sense?

A

B

CF30

Neither one.

You're using 8 colors in the first and 7 colors in the second one. You can only use 5 total colors in the 8 different areas.

BUT, if I ignore the multiple colors in the first one and make them all the same, then you DO illustrate the 8 different areas correctly.

I missed area 1 in the B version...

A

B

CF30

Neither one.

There should be an updated color by number chart. There are 8 regions to be colored: 2 and 4 are different than 7 and 8, but you could color them the same just to alternate. The sample I posted showed all 8 color regions.

A

B

CF30

Neither one.

You are saying here that B shows the 8 color areas that we can use--correct? (She didn't color in #1 on that one) 2&4 alternates with 7&8 around the circle....

Sample color scheme:

Yes it is, it's the sample of all the AREAS that can be colored in. There are total of 8 areas that can be colored, however you have to limit your coloring to 5 colors... meaning some of the areas will have the same color.

Making sense?

But you have 10 colors in this diagram... :)

No worries tho. :D I solved the problem by sending Emma a picture of my color choices along with a color key. She understood exactly what I wanted. B)

CF30

A

B

CF30

Neither one.

I missed area 1 in the B version...

Yeah I see that now and you also took the colors for 2,4 and extended them up into 5,6 area on the first image as well. And you can actually do that if you want. You just have to stay with using a maximum of 5 colors on the front side is all.

I hope I solved mine by just making 2 & 7 the same color along with 4 & 8 around the entire circle.

That works, yes. But as an FYI there is no single right way to color this front side. There are a lot of ways as long as you don't choose more that 5 total ink colors.

I'm using only four. :)

CF30

I hope I solved mine by just making 2 & 7 the same color along with 4 & 8 around the entire circle.

Be careful, 2 & 7 or next to each other in the new diagram.

That diagram has changed again. How many times today? Oh well now I have to redo the colors and send in another email. This is crazy.

Thanks for pointing that out....

Edited by LadyBee4T

Sample color scheme:

Just checking and not wanting to add to the confusion :) but when I submitted my colour choices Emma mentioned that the outer ring was recessed metal only so my colour choice there did not count.

Sorry if this as been corrected somewhere in this thread already but I was unable to find it.

But you have 10 colors in this diagram... :P

Yes, and they are showing the areas you can color in. 8 are in the compass and then there is the white outer area and the outer ring. That's 10 spaces total to color in with 5 colors.

If there are 10 spaces to color why is there only 8 numbers....?

Outer ring according to other post is recessed metal and not colored....all very confusing.

How about putting the colored diagram up with only 5 colors depicting each space colorable...?

1 is blue

2 is pink

3 is white

4 is light yellow

5 is ???

6 is ???

7 is orange

8 is light purplish/pink

If there is 10 spaces to color how do we tell you what number in the compass points are:

light blue

medium blue

bark blue

green

There is only 5 and 6 but you have 4 different colors. Hope I explained this well.

From what I understand, the white dashed line in the black circle is what is uncolorable. The blue circle is colorable.

Here are some of the versions I came up with, using 4 or 5 colors. I haven't had an approval yet, but I'm thinking these are designs that are okay based on what I've read.

colorchoice4.jpg

colorchoice5.jpg

You can also make each long spoke the same color, alternating between 4 colors.

I hope that helps a bit!

That works, yes. But as an FYI there is no single right way to color this front side. There are a lot of ways as long as you don't choose more that 5 total ink colors.

I'm using only four. :P

CF30

I only used 3 on both sides :laughing:

I can see the participant page!

Okay, so I am confused. I sent my colors in before the conversation about the back of the coin. In the artwork, the interior ring was shown black for raised metal. How can it be colored? It looks like the artwork has changed. Is this correct?