Powers of Ten (TEN)

avroair

I am considering the idea of hosting a 10-10-10 event and take part in the project.

Besides, I'll turn 30 (10+10+10) 8 days after that date, so I might find something cool to do!

I won't turn 30 since I was born in '63 but it will be 8 days after the event as well ;)

So that makes you 30....................with 17 years experience! :angry:

Edited by rockymtn8iv

Congratulations on your wedding on 10-10-10.

But this threat (as well as the other threat) is about the coin and the event that should go down at 10-10-10.

This is the third event of this kind (to my knowledge) and the idea is from Avroair. He designs the coin as well.

It's not considdered good manors trying to sell your coin in someone elses threat.

So would you please start your own threat and delete your messages from this one?

I have made a 10-10-10 geocoin if anyone is interested. I have posted more information in this post: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=4362283

I'm not in charge of the 10/10/10 Event - just the coins. But I do know that it will be the SLAGA Fall Picnic. And that it will be held at the Corporate Shelter in Queeny Park in Manchester, MO on 10/10/10 (of course :) ). As soon as TheMadChef publishes the event I'll post the GC number and link.

I can't wait to see the artwork for the coins! I know they will be totally fab!

CF30

What I'm hoping is a quick question: What is the etiquette on ordering coins in states where there are multiple multi-events in the same area? For example, in MN there was 2 (or more?) 10 year events. I believe only 1 ordered coins, but what if both wanted to order coins? Did anyone bump into this for 9-9-9 or 10 year? Just piggy back and group order or?

Thanks!

Here is the artwork, first draft. :)

It has no color, and some of the lines will be recessed. So please don't be scared off by the huge black on the back!

732286d1-4004-43d5-a377-3b1b98eadeb9.jpg

Working on the schedule, color choices etc.

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing the final "color me" so I can see what's recessed and at what levels. And where the colors will be going. :D

CF30

Great stuff avroair, just in time.

I had to hold off on the Geocoin Project - Mini-Dubloons for fear of not having enough cash for this years coin. Even tho I picked my colours and was very happy with the look. Rats!

So glad this is now up and running and the coin looks like it will compliment last years 9-9-9 that sold here like hot cakes, tho the great pricing may have had something to do with it :) Looking forward to the next stage.

What I'm hoping is a quick question: What is the etiquette on ordering coins in states where there are multiple multi-events in the same area? For example, in MN there was 2 (or more?) 10 year events. I believe only 1 ordered coins, but what if both wanted to order coins? Did anyone bump into this for 9-9-9 or 10 year? Just piggy back and group order or?

Thanks!

The difference is/was that anyone can host any kind of event they want, but only certain events worldwide were part of this annual geocoin project. In some locations where more coiner groups were involved, an order for the same coin color-scheme was split between multiple events. But the general, unspoken rule is that event locations should be at least 3 hours (drive time) apart if in the same state/country if the coin order/color schemes are separate.

Note: This didn't apply to the 10 yrs events because of the sheer number of them and Groundspeak's involvement, but it DID apply to 777, 888 and 999.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Here is the artwork, first draft. :)

It has no color, and some of the lines will be recessed. So please don't be scared off by the huge black on the back!

Nice start to the design. So glad to see "the power of 10" prevailed. It works well with past naming schemes.

Thanks!

In some locations where more coiner groups were involved, an order for the same coin color-scheme was split between multiple events.
Could I please get a little clarification on this if possible? In MN there seem to be 2 fairly large groups of cachers. The 2 10y events each drew over 100 people! For 101010 I was wondering if we could do 1 single color set for MN that NOSNOW picks (he posted above) and we would just add to it for the other event. The event I'd like them for was already published and ready to go but I'm not sure the proximity of the events yet.

Note: In reading through the 9-9-9 event website it seemed like this was encouraged for small groups not being able to get to 50, so hoping it would be encouraged for 2 massively large groups that easily get to 100! :blink:

~z

Edited by Zelanzy

Thanks!

In some locations where more coiner groups were involved, an order for the same coin color-scheme was split between multiple events.
Could I please get a little clarification on this if possible? In MN there seem to be 2 fairly large groups of cachers. The 2 10y events each drew over 100 people! For 101010 I was wondering if we could do 1 single color set for MN that NOSNOW picks (he posted above) and we would just add to it for the other event. The event I'd like them for was already published and ready to go but I'm not sure the proximity of the events yet.

Note: In reading through the 9-9-9 event website it seemed like this was encouraged for small groups not being able to get to 50, so hoping it would be encouraged for 2 massively large groups that easily get to 100! :blink:

~z

Zelanzy, give me a call. We may be able to work things out. I do belive that we would be drawing from the same pool.

Here is the artwork, first draft. :blink:

Nice one again MArk... i guess that there are plenty of space for a great number of color combinations again.

Count me in for a couple of versions for Portugal and Spain.

Paulo

GC2C1EY in South Carolina is all ready to go. I'll submit it once things solidify a little more.

What time and where will yours be?

Tentatively set for a lunch event on Sunday at Dagwood's Deli in Myrtle Beach (not the surfside location). This could change before the event gets submitted, but for now this is the plan.

You going to be down this way doing some golfing? :)

Yup, we will be in MB golfing from October 3 to the 10 so I am going to have to delay our trip home by a day.

Woohoo, yes stay till the 11th :) It will be so great to see you!!! Oh, let me know if you plan to hit Blackmoor, I'll see if my parents can get you guest passes to reduce your greens fees.