CHALLENGE: The Earth Turtle Challenge

tsunrisebey

By random drawing and a check of stats. Looks like the Green turtle, when it returns home, will then go to Mass a chew sets :o and chief20r2 will be tasked with shuttling a turtle around and forced to cache.

Congrat's :ph34r:

WooHoo..... :P Will be more than happy to shuttle the turtle around Mass-A-Chew-Sets... :D

Thanks Tsun.......

The multi-colour turtle has been on its first two adventures in Italy. Here are some pictures, but you can see a few more in my logs of GC1CK4Y and GC1C64W.

Two down, two to go :unsure:

100_0203.jpg

fellow team member marc'o'pole displaying the earth turtle

100_0200.jpg

The earth turtle at the award winning holm oak

100_0253.jpg

The earth turtle looking for the right direction

100_0259.jpg

Earth turtle temporarily infiltrating in the cache content

100_0248.jpg

One of the many nice views

Edited by kdv

I received the turtle back from its Japan travels so I will mail it out on Saturday to Mass a chew sets :laughing: Have fun with it Norman ( A River Runs Throught It) :wub:

Thanks for the pics kdv, can't wait to see more of beautiful Italy.

tsun

Mass - A - Chew - Sets will be awaiting the turtles arrival...... :wub:

I received the turtle back from its Japan travels so I will mail it out on Saturday to Mass a chew sets :rolleyes: Have fun with it Norman ( A River Runs Throught It) :lol:

Thanks for the pics kdv, can't wait to see more of beautiful Italy.

tsun

Mass - A - Chew - Sets will be awaiting the turtles arrival...... B)

I know the Chief will give this turtle some nice digs! Good goin' Chief!

It's taking me a bit longer than I had anticipated to complete this challenge. I took the coin with me to an 888 event I organized last week, but there are no pictures featuring the coin there. I also found a cache late at night after the event, but no photo camera to document this event. Then this week I failed to find two caches, but I returned today to the one I didn't find yesterday. It was a spectacular place and as so often, the pictures don't do it justice. It was a nice walk up a hill/mountain, very easy to loose the right track (which of course we did again also today), ending up in a huge cave with more cave structures behind it. One of the previous visitors compared it with Arches National Park, and only when arriving at the cave itself I understood the reference, having been to Arches myself too. New enough talking, I'll let the turtle speak for itself...

100_0362.jpg

View from high up the mountain (much higher than the actual cache level, picture taken during yesterday's DNF)

100_0364.jpg

Entrance of the cave

100_0367.jpg

Tree in the cave, with one of its 'windows' behind it

100_0359.jpg

Another view from the mountain

100_0365.jpg

My friend Luca posing with the Earth Turtle

100_0370.jpg

Picture taken from inside the cave toward the exit (it was impossible to take good pictures inside the cave)

100_0378.jpg

Content of the cache, temporarily enriched with the Earth Turtle

Edited to add:

Oops, I forgot to mention the link to the cache. It was "La grotta dimenticata dal tempo".

Edited by kdv

COPY and Pasted and PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ POST #1 AND YOU KNOW THE RULES.

VOLUNTEERS BEING ACCEPTED NOW

INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEERS ONLY FOR THIS TURTLE SINCE THE OTHER IS IN THE USA

Please only post with either the state, province or country you live in, nothing else! This will close at 11:00 am Montana time tomorrow (August 23rd, (Saturday) US day/time) for the 2nd round of 1 possible volunteer (the Multi-colored Earth Turtle). As long as you understand the bulk of this challenge you are on the right track. I will make sure everything is clear to you and that you have a nice sheet of instructions at the start of this challenge. If you are selected and feel you are not able to complete the challenge after we discuss it, please let me know, you can always volunteer again. All information you need to know is in POST #1. I will repost the information every once in awhile throughout the course of this challenge, any additions will be reposted and highlighted in red. Remember only post the place that you live, nothing else. I will make my decision some time on Sunday. Everyone will be made aware of who will start out the next challenge sometime on Sunday or Monday! This is for the turtle that kdv is sending back.

By random drawing and a check of stats. Looks like the Green turtle, when it returns home, will then go to Mass a chew sets :P and chief20r2 will be tasked with shuttling a turtle around and forced to cache.

Congrat's :yikes:

The Turtle has arrived in Mass A Chew Sets and is now resting up for a busy weekend...... :D

The Turtle will be heading out tomorrow morning for Cape Cod and a visit to the Atlantic Ocean... :P

Will get some pics posted of some of his new friends :P for the next few weeks.....

Portugal (Lisbon) :D

The names for International volunteers went into a hat and a name drawn since all of you were worthy. Looks like next mission will be in Portugal :D When the turtle arrives back to me I will send you an email acasim. Congrat's and thanks for volunteering everyone, still plenty of time to volunteer down the road :huh:

Edited by tsunrisebey

Portugal (Lisbon) :lol:

The names for International volunteers went into a hat and a name drawn since all of you were worthy. Looks like next mission will be in Portugal :) When the turtle arrives back to me I will send you an email acasim. Congrat's and thanks for volunteering everyone, still plenty of time to volunteer down the road :D

Wow, just came back from a weekend in the north of Portugal and found this great news!! It seems I was the lucky one this time, and I'm very happy :lol::lol:

There will be a very large event (hopefully a mega event) on September 6, here in Portugal (hey, everyone is invited :) look for GC1DYXC). If the turtle arrives before that date I'll take it to this event and I'm sure everyone will enjoy finding it there :lol: (of course this will not count as one of the 4 caches of the challenge, but that's a nice opportunity to introduce the turtle to a lot of Portuguese geocachers).

Thanks tsun, and I hope I'll be able to complete the challenge and post some nice pictures of Portugal!

Antonio

Sorry for the delay in getting these pictures and links posted but I'm sure Tsun will forgive me due to something unforseen happening.

Thought the turtle would enjoy a trip to the Atlantic and some of the views of Cape Cod, Massachusetts.

Wasn't sure if he would attempt to swim away and seek out some of his relatives once he got a good look and smell of the salt air so we had to really had to keep a close eye on him.

Once I get the rest of the pictures downloaded I will post a link rather than add to many here.

GC10YF0 Corporation Beach

capephotomergecopy.jpg

Rabbits with a Multi Million Dollar View

P8230170.jpg

Seagull

P8230157.jpg

Thinking about taking a swim.

DSCF0106.jpg

Another Interesting Cache on the Cape

GC10TW7 - Nobscusset Burial Ground

At the entrance to the Burial Ground

DSCF0085.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

Offerings Left by Others

DSCF0087.jpg

Area surrounding the Burial Grounds

DSCF0086.jpg

Thanks Steph for allowing me to show one of your Earth Turtles around Massachusetts...... :rolleyes:

He will be heading back to you tomorrow ready to head out to his next destination......

Although things didn't work out as I had planned due to an accident I had while out doing some maintaince on a few caches Labor Day weekend I was able to complete the 4 caches .......

Dinosaur Footprints Reservation - GCHWWN

Turtle & Footprint

P1070509.jpg

Turtle at the Kiosk

P1070518.jpg

Stoney Hill Loop - GCK2XX

The area around the Stoney Hill Loop Cache was created by one neighbor who lives near the pond for the rest of the neighborhood to enjoy. He also was more than happy to allow a cache to be placed near by so others could also enjoy.

Turtle & Dragonfly

DSCF0048.jpg

One of the many creatures greeting us along the way.

DSCF0054.jpg

Keeping the Cache safe.

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

Turtles

DSCF0040.jpg

Saying

DSCF0034.jpg

You can also check out more pictures here............

More Pictures from the 4 Caches.....

I'm too tired to search this whole thread... one turtle is on it's way back home, and the other turtle is in Portugal I believe? just curious, it seems like forever since I heard about the one that went to Italy... but I think I remember Portugal somewhere in the mix... I'll see if I can find the trackables page....