Seeking geocoin donations for Sparks (Girl Guides)

PengoFamily

Hello! My daughter, PengoBeky, is in her first year of Sparks (first level in Girl Guides). I am a unit assistant and volunteer at her weekly meetings. One of the 'keepers' (badges) that the girls will be working on this year is called 'The World Around Me'. I thought what better way for the girls to experience some of the world around them, then releasing geocoins out into the wild and watching them travel to different countries. Also gives the perfect opportunity to introduce girls to geocaching as well.

There are 16 girls in her unit. I would like for each girl to have a geocoin. I will be creating a geocaching account for the Sparks Unit and each geocoin would be activated under this account with the girls' name. If anybody wishes to follow the travels please let me know and I will let you know once the account is activated.

On top of the 16 geocoins I would need cachers in 7 different countries willing to release two coins ea. I have New Zealand covered...although I still have to email my accomplice there...but need 7 other countries please where I can mail a cacher 2 coins ea.

Thanks so much! B)

Hello! My daughter, PengoBeky, is in her first year of Sparks (first level in Girl Guides). I am a unit assistant and volunteer at her weekly meetings. One of the 'keepers' (badges) that the girls will be working on this year is called 'The World Around Me'. I thought what better way for the girls to experience some of the world around them, then releasing geocoins out into the wild and watching them travel to different countries. Also gives the perfect opportunity to introduce girls to geocaching as well.

There are 16 girls in her unit. I would like for each girl to have a geocoin. I will be creating a geocaching account for the Sparks Unit and each geocoin would be activated under this account with the girls' name. If anybody wishes to follow the travels please let me know and I will let you know once the account is activated.

On top of the 16 geocoins I would need cachers in 7 different countries willing to release two coins ea. I have New Zealand covered...although I still have to email my accomplice there...but need 7 other countries please where I can mail a cacher 2 coins ea.

Thanks so much! B)

I would love to donate a coin to the cause. Please email me your address.

I'd be glad to release coins here in the U.S. I know of a pretty busy cache around here in VA where it would probably take off pretty good.

EDIT: When do you need the coins by? I may be able to donate a coin later once I get extras?

I am hoping to have all the coins in hand by November 12th as that's when the girls will be learning about their first country (other than Canada). Once we have figured out who all the coins are going to the girls will randomly pick the countries and coins out of a hat then I will package them up and mail them to be released. Hopefully each week (or two) there will be an update on where the coins are traveling so they can follow them throughout the whole year.

I was a girl scout leader (the US version of Girl Guides) for 5 years, I would be glad to donate a coin or two for your project. Good Luck with your coin travels. I would recommend drilling holes in your coins and attaching tags that explain their mission. I think it helps to keep them moving and it's a lot harder to lose an attached tag than it is for a coin to become separated from the flip or bag it was released in. I can have a hole drilled in mine before I send it to you if you like.

On top of the 16 geocoins I would need cachers in 7 different countries willing to release two coins ea. I have New Zealand covered...although I still have to email my accomplice there... but need 7 other countries please where I can mail a cacher 2 coins ea.

Thanks so much! :rolleyes:

LMAO... ah... so this is the thread behind that message I received! :huh:

As I mentioned in my reply (which you might not have seen yet - HEY WAKE UP OVER THERE!! :D) I am more that happy to do this for you... in fact, I'll send you the details for one of my keewee 2007 GeoTags and you can activate that also for one of the girls and I will release it with the other two... or maybe it could be a leaders coin?

I'll include a geocoin for Sparks with your Cherry Blossom!

Thanks! :huh:

Thank you everyone who has contacted me or posted that they will donate a geocoin or be willing to drop in different countires around the world!! This is very exciting and I know the girls are going to be thrilled!! We have almost reached our goal of 16 coins...think we just need a couple more.

I need 2-3 more countries with cachers willing to volunteer to release a coin or 2 please. :D So far the countries that I have are:

-United States

-Germany

-Italy

-Sweden

-Japan

-New Zealand

Now I gotta figure out a way to attach myself to one of these coins so I can visit some of these place. LOL :rolleyes:

Thanks! :huh:

Thank you everyone who has contacted me or posted that they will donate a geocoin or be willing to drop in different countires around the world!! This is very exciting and I know the girls are going to be thrilled!! We have almost reached our goal of 16 coins...think we just need a couple more.

I need 2-3 more countries with cachers willing to volunteer to release a coin or 2 please. :D So far the countries that I have are:

-United States

-Germany

-Italy

-Sweden

-Japan

-New Zealand

Now I gotta figure out a way to attach myself to one of these coins so I can visit some of these place. LOL :rolleyes:

You just get here, we'll put you up in our little cabin. It ain't much, but you're welcome to come spend the summer here in beautiful Sweden!

671954922_62e936e1b8.jpg

I will send some geocoins for the girls to keep. I know I have enough MWGB duckies left and I might have enough GW5 peeps for each girls also.

I will send a trackable coin for them also.

I have been a Girl Scout leader (taking a little break) and have a Girl Scout. This sounds like a fun troop activity.

Thanks PoS!!! :rolleyes:

That is sooo tempting Naomi. Maybe one day. :huh:

Thanks everyone for your amazing generosity!! We should have enough geocoins now for each of the girls. :D

Just need a couple more countries for releasing them. :D Will try and get South America in there somehow.

Just saw this thread! If you'd like a coin moving in Michigan, I could activate and send it out. Could always give it a mission like making it to the Sparks? let me know!

Naomi, watch the offers you give out, someone (like myself for instance ) might just take you up on them!!

Hehehe, Roddy, it isn't the first time I've offered it. The offer stands, the cabin is free and that is what the rent is, too! Only warning, you'll be using (and emptying it yourself) a port-a-potty! The cabin has a king sized bed and 2 single mattresses stored under the bed for kids to sleep on the floor and a full kitchen with fridge, stove and oven... no running water, but plumbing and a foot operated pump for water :D

Naomi :D

Hi,

I was thinking of sending off one of our new wooden nickels as a TB toward a cache near where you have your meetings with the girls. I will probably send it out at the WWFM we are cohosting here on the Peninsula in Virginia. That way it will have a goal to reach. Can you let me know the cache you would like me to target? Thanks. Nochipra

Edited by Nochipra

Thanks again to everyone for their unbelievable generosity with this project. All the geocoins that are being sent out are activated. People were so generous with their donations that I had more than enough for the whole troop. A few are being held back as 'Reserves' in case some coins go MIA..they can quickly be replaced.

On Monday, the girls will be randomly drawing their coins and starting countries. Here is the account that has been created for this project should you wish to follow the travels.

1st Pincourt Sparks

Once the coins are all picked Monday I will be mailing them off. So they should reach their starting destinations within a couple of weeks. Thanks again to everyone who is releasing them!! :huh: :huh:

This geocoin community rocks! ;)