GeoJellies Version 1 Charity Auction

pghlooking

Here is your only chance to be the proud owner of a complete set of version 1 GeoJellies, and gold coins at that. There were only 2 gold coins minted from each flavor. 1 went to the owner, and the other was donated for this auction. This is your only chance to get a complete set, as well as to own the gold coins. All these coins are unactivated and trackable. It is also for a really great cause which is to help the family of a local geocacher who was taken way too early from us. Thanks for lookins at the auction.

GeoJellies Version 1 Auction

Edit: Updated URL for new listing.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Since the way we are doing it, I would have to say no. I am willing to work with the winning bidder though. If sending a money order directly made out to them would be a way to get someone a tax deduction, and at the same time raise more money, then I would be all for it. I am not an expert on tax deductions though. I would put a call in to my accountant to be sure.

Since the way we are doing it, I would have to say no. I am willing to work with the winning bidder though. If sending a money order directly made out to them would be a way to get someone a tax deduction, and at the same time raise more money, then I would be all for it. I am not an expert on tax deductions though. I would put a call in to my accountant to be sure.

Ask Yime, but I think the person who oversaw the education fund at the bank provided a "donation receipt" for some of the charity auctions in the past when requested. I know I got one for Helene for one of the SYF LE coins she bought.

Ask Yime, but I think the person who oversaw the education fund at the bank provided a "donation receipt" for some of the charity auctions in the past when requested. I know I got one for Helene for one of the SYF LE coins she bought.

Yeah I was going to give them a call this week to touch base about how they wanted to handle it since I would prefer to just have the money go straight to them and avoid anything Paypal and such.

Thanks AG

I have been told by alot of people that no one is able to see who the highest bidder is. It just comes up with ***** instead. I heard this is the new eBay policy of higher priced items, but can anyone send me the link of how this is and what values it does it at? Thanks.

http://pages.ebay.com/announcements/faq/4.html#question1

$200 seems to be the magic number. Only bidders and the seller can see the bidders, everyone else gets ***

I have been told by alot of people that no one is able to see who the highest bidder is. It just comes up with ***** instead. I heard this is the new eBay policy of higher priced items, but can anyone send me the link of how this is and what values it does it at? Thanks.

I just love live chat with Ebay!!! I am chatting with Anna at Ebay and she informs me that the cutoff is $200.00 at which point the high bidder is concealed. Waiting for a link

Looks like C&J got the link before me.

Edited by Damenace

http://pages.ebay.com/announcements/faq/4.html#question1

$200 seems to be the magic number. Only bidders and the seller can see the bidders, everyone else gets ***

Learned something new today :)

I'm really happy to see this doing so well. Thanks to everyone involved, regardless of bids.

Someone earlier had asked about getting a receipt from the Savings & Loan, and yes, they'll gladly do that. As I recall, there's one designated person at that bank that handles the McGibbon's fund, but I don't remember her name. Plus, that may have changed since last year anyway. You could even google the name of the bank, get a phone number, and ask them directly how it's handled.

For the purposes of the auction, Jim can certainly make arrangements for a direct payment. Might even benefit all involved since everyone could avoid PayPal fees. Just please understand the trust issues involved.

For those that were around for the PA Black Nickel auction, you'll probably recall that the McGibbons have a special place in our local geocaching community. So that's why the folks at TRIGO like to try to do something like this from time to time...just to let them know we're still thinking about them.

Wow, that's a lot of GeoJellies and a GREAT cause. Nice to hear that your local community (and you personally) are doing something every so often to keep her spirit alive. I'm sure the family appreciates it as well.

I hope this raises a ton for them. It's sure off to a heck of a start!

It's because "charity" was in the title. I was afraid that would happen. You can't have that word in the title.

If you relist it, say fund raiser or benefit. Also include the word "geocoin" in the title so it gets seen by regular eBay buyers. In fact, splurge for the subtitle and put the benefit info there.