2007 Jeep Geocaching Challenge

Bryan

Got ours today....Bergen County, New Jersey. It's activated. Can't wait to get our little guy on the road. We hid three (3) new cache's recently and plan to start the journey in one. What is the contest, tho? Will wait until July 1 to read the rules and plan a July 4th release. Independence Day for our Red Jeep.

BTW, try this for a name -- we have the North Fork South Arkansas River Red Jeep (where is East and West???). Named for a river in our favorite State (Colorado). Happy Trails!!!

Got ours yesterday in Kansas City, MO not activated though, no activation information came, just in envelope by itself , nothing else.

It is already activated. Just grab it like you would any other TB.

When you filled out the form the "thank you" page had instructions on the TB. You just grab it (like has been said before). We'll be emailing folks who haven't yet activated them once they are all mailed out and (hopefully) received with more instructions.

I tried to look mine up again, and the code is still not activated. Should I try to activate it myself?

They should all be activated. If there is a problem with the code on the tag feel free to email contact@geocaching.com - Include the tag number to help speed up the process.

We received ours yesterday. My husband picked up the mail and had the RJTB sitting in front of my keyboard, waiting for me to see and Ooo-Aaa over. Today I tried to 'activate' it when I realized that I had no code. I then came to the forums and found out you just click ' Enter the Geocoin or Travel Bug tracking number:' and insert the TB #.

Ours is "West Branch Shioc River (WI)"

Our location is in the Middle of Nowhere, USA (Page, AZ), but we now have one that we will place soon.

I am asking the same question...Are we supposed to wait until July 1st. to place it in a cache?

Thank you so much. We had a 'Yellow' one that we placed in a special cache and have never even seen a white or green one, so this is fun!

Shirley~

Edited by 2oldfarts (the rockhounders)

Everyone should definitely wait until July 1st... because there is a contest associated with these to which we don't know the rules.

I believe you can get the details by reading this month's women's health magazine, which is already out. But they won't be online till the 1st.

Everyone should definitely wait until July 1st... because there is a contest associated with these to which we don't know the rules.

This is true if you want to participate in the contest. However, I noticed one Red Jeep TB was already placed in a cache when checking the new listings today. To those who don't plan to be in the contest, is there a reason to wait?

This is true if you want to participate in the contest. However, I noticed one Red Jeep TB was already placed in a cache when checking the new listings today. To those who don't plan to be in the contest, is there a reason to wait?

I don't think sthere is. Yes, we may miss out on something good but the Jeep we got has already been placed in a new cache that's awaiting review...

I believe you can get the details by reading this month's women's health magazine, which is already out. But they won't be online till the 1st.

The website has this to say today:

"We're out!

Thanks for your interest in receiving a 2007 Jeep® Geocaching Challenge Travel Bug®!

Due to the overwhelming response from the geocaching community all of the 2007 Jeep® Geocaching Challenge Travel Bugs® have been requested.

Geocachers from around the contiguous United States should be receiving them in the next 2 weeks and you should start seeing them appear in caches near you. Make sure to look for the Red Jeep icon on your search results pages and cache listings.

Thanks again!"

To me that says go ahead and place them. I'm still waiting to be sure / safe though.

To me that says go ahead and place them. I'm still waiting to be sure / safe though.[/font]

How will you achieve the goal of the contest if you drop the jeep before it starts (And you learn what the task will be) ?

I'd say wait if you plan to enter the contest- but if not- then drop it

I only entered two pics in the last two years, so I wasn't worried about it. I placed mine the day I got it, and someone grabbed it yesterday!

found one in a cache today. first jeep I've ever found.

wheee. :laughing:

was an accident too, I had no idea it was there.

edit: then after finding it, I got one in the mail today (7/29) Rochester, MN

I must say I'm suprised at the mail system, all jeeps sent on the same day, yet they arrive so far apart... even in the same parts of the US... or the same city.

jeepTB.jpg

Edited by Bad_CRC

The website has this to say today:

"We're out!

Thanks for your interest in receiving a 2007 Jeep® Geocaching Challenge Travel Bug®!

Due to the overwhelming response from the geocaching community all of the 2007 Jeep® Geocaching Challenge Travel Bugs® have been requested.

Geocachers from around the contiguous United States should be receiving them in the next 2 weeks and you should start seeing them appear in caches near you. Make sure to look for the Red Jeep icon on your search results pages and cache listings.

Thanks again!"

To me that says go ahead and place them. I'm still waiting to be sure / safe though.

Did they have to get the last dig in there and use contiguous? At least they removed all hope, again. That's very chilly.

WOOHOO! It's here at last. Looks real good sitting next to the Green Jeep I picked up a couple of days ago.

And it's a local (Midwest) boy, even better. :(

Wolf River (WI)" Red Jeep Travel Bug

BTW Glenn, if you're still reading this thread let me know if you want the GJ, if not I'll place it with the RJ for a two'fer.

I am crushed I missed the bug release. :( I'd been waiting. And I drive a red Jeep. :(

I've been so busy with problems at work and a mostly-non-functioning computer at home...I haven't been able to check the forums.

Maybe I'll find one though. There is always hope. :P I'm glad its a red Jeep this time.

Yeah!!! I've been waiting and praying and waiting and wondering. I looked like that little puppy in the window waiting for the mailman. But I wait no more. I've been to 15 caches looking for a jeep. They always say they are there, but it's just to taunt me. Well taunt me no more. I have my own!!! (Do I sound like I'm gloating???) Just excited. I promise.

NE Montana has "Big Salt River (AK)" Red Jeep Travel Bug