What Would You Do To Get A Moun10bike Geocoin?

nolenator

I am leaving Seattle tommorow to visit in Europe for a month. I plan to drop my version #1 Moun10Bike somewhere along the way. Well, unless somebody thinks I should just keep it. I will post logs every couple of days. So you might just get lucky and find a cache and a cool coin. We start our journey in Amsterdam and end in Milan a month later. Peace, Nolenator

Hey,

Make a color copy & laminate it, keeping the real one. Drop off the copy Europe.

That my $.02

Have fun on your trip :o

Yea cause finding a picture of a moun10bike would be so much better than finding the real one :mad:

If you are going to steal just steal it :mad:

Thats my 0.02

Well, unless somebody thinks I should just keep it.

Do you really want people to tell you what you should do with this coin. Of course they are going to tell you to keep it and how crazy you are for getting rid of it. Of course you may get a 50:1 coin trade offer as well.

Hey,

Make a color copy & laminate it, keeping the real one. Drop off the copy Europe.

That my $.02

Have fun on your trip :mad:

You only make copies of coins you own no the ones you don't.

If you make copies of coins you don't own and keep the originals that are traveling in the wild, you are stealing.

I have copy coins in the wild, but they're my coins and the real ones are hidden away at my house, I also made a note that they are copies in the description. I own these coins and the copies and I own the tracking numbers to them.

:mad: While you are in the Amsterdam area, You absolutely have to visit the Keukenhoff this spring, its pretty close, and a short train ride, I believe it's actually in Lisse. They have a Huge display of local flowers in several designs, it's in kind of a huge park-type area. I visited while I was there years ago while serving in the military, we had a weekend pass and I'm not really into flowers much, but I was blown away by how it was put together. You can also climb up into a huge windmill. Great times to be had. :mad:

Keukenhoff Photos pulled off the web =o)

Oh and the coin should definitely go to me, I'll even trade a couple of my sig. items to boot! :o

Do you really want people to tell you what you should do with this coin. Of course they are going to tell you to keep it and how crazy you are for getting rid of it. Of course you may get a 50:1 coin trade offer as well.

No, that's not true. I suggest to drop it. In a cache in or close to Luxembourg :mad:

But seriously, if you do not have a fixed route, and go by car, I think you will enjoy Luxembourg. Gas is cheap here, lots of nice places to visit and nearly all the caches are nice and well done too.

What would I do to get it? Well, if at all possible, visit the cache it's in as soon as possible, be it at night, during rain and storm ..... What would I not do? Pay for one as it's not in the spirit of the owner. Did you notice, you even made me abandon my lurker status and post again :mad:

This is obvious, but I'll say it anyway:

Wherever you decide to drop the Moun10Bike Coin, make sure the cache has a low chance of being muggled, by people, animal, or nature. A worthy location would be nice, so whoever makes the trip to get it will enjoy it for more than the chase of the Geocoin.

Hey,

That my $.02

Have fun on your trip :mad:

You only make copies of coins you own no the ones you don't.

If you make copies of coins you don't own and keep the originals that are traveling in the wild, you are stealing.

I was thinking or (not thinking) it was yours. If you found it pass it on.

Interesting that it isn't logged into Cinqe Terre, but Manarola High #2 :drama:

According to the cache description: "A cache located high above the very nice little village Manarola in Cinque Terre, ~250m above sea." So I guess visiting Cinque Terre would get you close, but you still have to climb for it. :ninja:

Can we cut the talk about the OP making copies and stealing the coin, please? The OP was NOT the one who said "Make a copy and keep the original". It was someone three posts down. Go back and read again. The OP is letting us know that someday, somewhere, soon, this coin is going to placed when we least expect it.

Interesting that it isn't logged into Cinqe Terre, but Manarola High #2 B)

According to the cache description: "A cache located high above the very nice little village Manarola in Cinque Terre, ~250m above sea." So I guess visiting Cinque Terre would get you close, but you still have to climb for it. :huh:

But somebody went and named a nearby cache Cinque Terre. I wasn't even thinking that nolenator meant to go to the area called Cinque Terre :unsure:

Darn good thing he's done.

Ok kids, to be more clear... Manarola High #2 is in the Cinque Terre. Yes, the lovely area along the Italian Coast. There is more than just one reason to go there... gelato of course. Peace, Nolenator

When I lived in Switzerland, I would take the train to Italy just for the Gelato. mmmmmmmm....

Maybe I need to head over again.

nielsenc

I would organize a cache trip with my friend Mighty Moose, and go there for at least a long weekend, even if it would take us a 2000 mile ride, crossing 6 different countries in Europe! (the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria & Italy)

To be honest, that is what we just did!

Thank you Nolenator for the opportunity, we had a great trip, awesome scenery, a pretty hard to find cache, but the reward.......

271138dc-141e-4276-8b8c-c95cffdff868.jpg

Man, I just checked out the log and read the story. What an awesome trip that must have been. Congratulations to both of you for all the efforts going all the way there and actually finding that Moun10bike coin, but also to Nolenator for starting this adventure. Way to go....:laughing:

The pictures are fantastic. :laughing:

But there is more to add to the story, I was there on Sunday 25th, but THE COIN was (obviously) already gone. The 2 previous weekends I did not have time for trip :wub:

The really funny part is that you guys passed the coin through one of my caches here in Luxembourg on your way back home ...

so twin peaks.... you went 2k miles across europe and you got the coin.. what happened when you got to the cache and you both wanted the coin? hee hee.

It was all a matter of tactics.

I let Mighty Moose drive all the way there, and carry me up the mountain.

By the time we found the coin, he was so tired the fight was over before he knew it! :wub:

But there is more to add to the story, I was there on Sunday 25th, but THE COIN was (obviously) already gone. The 2 previous weekends I did not have time for trip :wub:

The really funny part is that you guys passed the coin through one of my caches here in Luxembourg on your way back home ...

Well, it was your own suggestion (a few posts back) to drop it in a cache in Luxembourg. :wub:

So we did just that on the way back. Of course it had to be one of yours, so you would know it was retrieved.

What we could not know, is that you had gone after the coin as well (I haven't seen any log, BTW)

Well, it was your own suggestion (a few posts back) to drop it in a cache in Luxembourg. :unsure:

So we did just that on the way back. Of course it had to be one of yours, so you would know it was retrieved.

What we could not know, is that you had gone after the coin as well (I haven't seen any log, BTW)

Yes, that's why I thought that it's so funny, you guys were passing with the coin here in Luxembourg while I was looking for it in Italy, lol

but you guys misunderstood the meaning of my initial post, it was meant to leave the coin in a cache in Luxembourg :wub: although I would have felt really miserable if you guys would have done that while I was that far away

My log will follow, I only arrived back home late yesterday evening (my trip was not only about the coin), so I had not yet time to write the logs for the found caches.

Anyway, congratulations for your great find!

I can't wait to hear the whole story. I hope you dropped in and got some gelato. Double peace signs to both of you.

Peace, Nolenator

Oke, here it is...

The Moun10Bike adventures of Mighty Moose & Twin Peaks :o

Read the story

I like the comparison to how it felt compared to finishing your first marathon. A good comparison I am sure, and both are feelings that few experience :unsure: