Countries Cached In

just been looking and i've cached in 8 different countries,from total of 89 finds. how do others compare? england, scotland,n ireland and wales is one country(uk)

Your percentage of finds V countries is very high! I have only cached in two countries, but they are quite a long way apart...

countries_cached.gif

My life long project is to colour this map green, haha. I should get five more European countries on a during a road trip this summer.

just been looking and i've cached in 8 different countries,from total of 89 finds. how do others compare? england, scotland,n ireland and wales is one country(uk)

Your percentage of finds V countries is very high! I have only cached in two countries, but they are quite a long way apart...

countries_cached.gif

My life long project is to colour this map green, haha. I should get five more European countries on a during a road trip this summer.

I have a similar map on my profile, but mine has just England shaded in. I will however get New Zealand coloured in next month :P

where are you heading on your road trip stuey? and secondly where do i find a map like that?

In June I am off to France, Belgium, Netherlands (hopefully), Luxembourg and Germany. Two weeks in total, and we're using geocaches as our tourist guidebook.

I Googled for a world map and found the one that I use. There are loads, but I used that one because it was simple. I can't remember editing it much, but will colour in the coutries as I go using Paintshop Pro. Some are so small that they don't even show on it though, (Luxembourg for example), but you get the idea.

Germany 5, Belgium 2, Italy 1, Monaco 1, France 18. Total 27 Outside UK out of a total 308 in 270 days.

Foreign caching done on trips abroad with work :) and family holiday last summer :P .

Hope do do some in Switzerland in the not to distant future and more in France and northern Spain, maybe Andorra on our "rollies" this year. :D

Cheers

Dave

Just added a new country to my list today on my way home from the Alps - Switzerland. That makes a list of 5 countries UK (N Ireland, Scotland & England - must get to Wales), Eire, France, Australia and Switzerland. I'm pleased to hear that there are some caches in the Maldives.....a possible summer holiday destination. :lol:

Edited by Firth of Forth

Three so far - England, the US and Canada. Had hoped to do some on a recent trip to Amsterdam but didn't understand enough Dutch to make it worthwhile trying to decipher the sheets. Hoping to bag Wales in a couple of months. Does Cornwall count as a foreign country?

We also managed to stop by a caching event in the US, quite convenient as it broke a 340-mile drive between two family members we were visiting...

Edited by team tisri

firstly which part of spain? secondly what i do is open up my mapsource, punch in the place, then move the mouse to roughly where i am going. then at the bottom make a note of the co-ords. these i then use to search nearby caches. need any help if you don't have mapsource pop me an e mail.

They're going to Barcelona and to Salou... Any help with Coordinates appreciated!

Ian... I just wondered if there was a different way if doing it...!

firstly which part of spain? secondly what i do is open up my mapsource, punch in the place, then move the mouse to roughly where i am going. then at the bottom make a note of the co-ords. these i then use to search nearby caches. need any help if you don't have mapsource pop me an e mail.

They're going to Barcelona and to Salou... Any help with Coordinates appreciated!

Google Earth is as good a way as any I can think of.............

Mind you I usually use www.multimap.com.

I use the address of where I am going to i.e. Hotel, Exhibition Hall etc.

Then that will show me the map segment for the area.

Zoom in as far as poss.

It will display Coords for the centre of the map segment.

Use these coords on GC.com using the "Hide/Seek a cache" tab on the main menu or create a PQ.

Works well for me when I'm abroad.

Cheers

Dave

Google Earth is as good a way as any I can think of.............

Mind you I usually use www.multimap.com.

I use the address of where I am going to i.e. Hotel, Exhibition Hall etc.

Then that will show me the map segment for the area.

Zoom in as far as poss.

It will display Coords for the centre of the map segment.

Use these coords on GC.com using the "Hide/Seek a cache" tab on the main menu or create a PQ.

Works well for me when I'm abroad.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

I'd never thought of using Multi map for that!!

Thanks!!

I reckon I've done 11 countries (plus Italy where I've just one DNF):

UK, USA, Canada, Tobago, France, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Greece and Mauritius.

An advantage of travelling with work.

Forgot to add that I've done every cache in the country of Trinidad and Tobago! Ok, so it's only two.

Edited by Pieman

Since November last year: UK, Germany, Portugal, Spain, San Marino, Italy = 6

Before November last year: Belgium and USA (Georgia, Massachusets, Oregon and California) So that's just two more - but look at a map to see how far apart those USA ones are!

Anyway, grand total 8 so far, though I'll be adding Turkey next month...

Bob Aldridge