Eulogy To Locationless

Isonzo Karst

When I started caching there were 3 caches within about 40 miles of my house. I found them all pretty quickly! And then I discovered Locationless. Hotdog! more logs to write, more Show and Tell. Pictures! Competition! (could I beat Eagle Dad to ANYTHING?) and they were all First to Find. I loved them.

So many favorites. But I think the single find that made me happiest was on This Way In...Form Two Lines. I had made a caching trip a couple of counties north and decided to work my way home on rural roads, hunting for a steel wheeled tractor. I got a bit disoriented in the small town of Center Hill and pulled off into some asphalt on my right to study the map - looked up at the ugly *pink* building in front of me and realized I was staring at the GIRLS entrance. Walked around the building to find the BOYS entrance and whooped. Eureka! The old Center Hill HS, now converted to a community center (who decided to paint it pink?). A find I never expected to make. There were finds I worked for, research and driving (Frank Lloyd Wright)(Carnegie Libraries) and they were fun, but that unexpected bonus find was such a joy.

You have a favorite?

I'll miss them too! Locationless caches really opened our eyes to certain things (like Quonset Huts) that we never paid any attention to before. It was nice to go out for three traditional caches and pick up a couple of bonus locationless caches on the way. It was something to do with my four year old son when daddy was at work and we didn't want to do anything too involved or too far from civilization. The one I enjoyed the most had to be Frozen in Time (we took a picture of a big buffalo). I wish we had been able to do more than 35 of them!

I got bored with them pretty quickly, 'cause I liked a container to find and a log to sign. I did ten in my first few months on the site, but only three after that. They were among my most memorable, so I made exceptions. One was "Cache Bay," found during a shopping trip with a good friend in Vegas, the second was "Natural Arches All Around," found during an epic hike to my 500th cache, where I needed to pick up one more find along the way, and the third was "Where's in a Name?" which I logged with help from an Irish geocacher at a spot just outside an ancient castle in Ireland.

It was also fun to see how many locationless I could score with one photo. Once I had a Yellow Jeep, a Mail Pouch Tobacco Sign, and a Historic Marker for the place where Jeeps were invented, all in sight at the same time, but the Jeep drove off before I could take the photo. I made up for it later when I captured a Suspension Bridge, a Bronze Baseball Player Statue (unlogged), a Yellow Jeep, and an American Flag (unlogged), all in the same photo.

I also thought about trying to set a record for how many locationless I could find in one day. I had plotted out a route through my area that would've scored me about 45 or 50, but never got around to doing it because there were too many fun hikes, event caches and so forth that seemed more fun.

I never much liked the toolset for locationless caches, it was like a square peg in a round hole. "What's the cute but obscure name for the cache where you have to find X?" "Has anyone already logged this object?" "Shoot, someone's been there, now I won't visit." I think that the design of Waymarking.com overcomes these shortcomings nicely, and I've enjoyed setting up some categories, marking some waymarks, and finding waymarks established by others. Now, it is something different to do, and with a better toolset. So, out with the old, in with the new!

The very best, most memorable . . . my favorite cache was/is a virtual, also the many ones that fall in place behind this one on my favorite list.

I have been taken to the Wright Brothers Memorial, the grave of Jefferson Davis, many murals in South Carolina relating to the War Of Northern Agression & the Revolutionary War . . . the list goes on and on.

I sincerely believe that virtuals HAVE a place here & should be retained, but no one asked me . . . they simply are a major part of what geocachigg is supposed to be for us, taking us to special places and showing us the beauty of America or our country, what ever it may be.

Edited by GRANPA ALEX

Ummm...

;)

We're talking about Locationless. "Caches" that have you find a criteria and you tell the person where you found it.

Not virtuals, where you go to a spot and report what the other person intended you to find.

The virtual of Wright Brothers Memorial sends you to a specific spot that is cool. The locationless that might qualify for that would be something like "Memorials to Flight" where you are told to find a memorial to something related to flight, and YOU tell us that there's a Wright Brothers Memorial at X location.

The virtuals are specific locations. The locationless caches are criteria with multiple locations.

===============

New Locationless Caches have not been accepted on the website for many, many, many moons. Waymarking is taking the place of all locationless caches.

I believe virtual submissions stopped some time around October or November (wish I had the search forums feature). Waymarking is taking the place of new virtuals.

Locationless caches are being archived Jan 1. Virtuals are not. Current find counts are not effected by any of this.

Edited by Markwell
Ummm...

;)

We're talking about Locationless.  "Caches" that have you find a criteria and you tell the person where you found it.

Not virtuals, where you go to a spot and report what the other person intended you to find.

The virtuals are specific locations.  The locationless caches are criteria with multiple locations.

===============

New Locationless Caches have not been accepted on the website for many, many, many moons. Waymarking is taking the place of all locationless caches.

I believe virtual submissions stopped some time around October or November (wish I had the search forums feature).  Waymarking is taking the place of new virtuals. 

Opps . . . sorry 'bout that - don't think I have done a locationless, better get out and grab that icon quickly

Edited by GRANPA ALEX
The virtuals are specific locations.  The locationless caches are criteria with multiple locations.

Exactly Markwell. Locationless caches have long been mis-labelled. That is also what made them something that didn't really fit into a sport that requires the use of a GPS to find the prize. You didn't need a GPS to find a mailbox or a McDonalds.

That's what set virtuals apart. They did require a GPS and often took us to places we had walked by and not noticed (in one case for 10 years we had done that). To us its been an important part of the game. Yes, many virtuals are lame but so are many micros (in lampposts at Walmart) and lots of regular caches. I still think they have a place and all that was required was some refinement of the definition of virtuals but that's all passed unfortunately. Sad, geocaching could have been really useful for educational purposes but won't be going that way.

We did a few locationaless but only what will be our last, A Pair of Quintuplets, was truly fun and actually challenging. This one actually required the use of the GPS and forced me to learn on the fly how to move in the right direction to get the GPS to show the correct coords. Its about the only locationaless that actually fit the spirit of the sport so I won't miss them and likely won't use Waymarking.

JDandDD

Wow! I've never seen so many people disregard the topic of a thread- and all by long time posters. This wasn't started as a debate but for 'Your Fond Memories of the soon to Expire'. There are more than a few cachers who like LC, virt and webcams. If you don't care for them why couldn't you at least let one thread about them pass without the negative comments? :lol:

I have fond memories of doing LCs. When I first started doing this my birthday was coming up and everyone in my family asked me what I wanted to do. I said go caching. I know my wife wasn't particularly interested in hiking in the woods so I came up with doing a whole day of LCs. We had a wonderful time doing it. It's been the only time that all 4 of us have been out caching together and most likely remain the only time too. I've done a few here and there otherwise and do plan on doing 1 or 2 tomorrow if at all possible before they go away.

Waymarking to me just won't be the same. Close, but no cigar. I'll most likely do some at some point, but it seems like a cheap generic equivalent for now.

Well, first, I mildly disagree about needing a GPS to do a locationless, because to "properly" document it you needed the coordinates. It's just more of a reverse puzzle of a cache, a differnt kind of challenge. Think of it as a mystery cache where you have a little more latitude in finding the coordinates. anyway, just my opinion.

Now, I will miss them, because I liked the reverse puzzle of it. I taking the requirements and finding something to fit it. My first was "Three Steps around the World." I got about 3 hrs of sleep one day so I could drive about an hour one way to take the pics I needed to hook three places together, then about another hour getting it all together and writing the log. It was the first month I had done any caching. I also watchlisted the "Scavenger Hunt Cache" which was never a dull moment. It was also my last locationless log. There are probably more I could have done, time permitting, but it's not meant to be. And so I will abide by that.

I liked 'em and did a handful. They were like icing on the cake of a regular caching expedition.

"Hey now that we've bagged all three caches on the shores of Lake Travis, let's boat over to this really neat 'circular house' up on the cliff overlooking the lake, if we get your picture with your GPS and the house in the background, you can snag a locationless find for it, and another smiley." Cool.

Who could pass a yellow Jeep without thinking of bagging a locationless? My heart still races when I see one in the parking lot. It was a defining property of geocaching.

Yes LCs live on at Waymarking.com and also at terracaching.com, and probably elsewhere, but somehow I don't think it'll be the same. Us old timers will recall the days of LCs fondly, and the newcomers will only scratch their heads at how we could have ever logged a smiley for them.

I may run out today and see if I can bag a few before the final curtain falls on this fun aspect of the game.

Wow! I've never seen so many people disregard the topic of a thread- and all by long time posters.

I did not ignore the thread topic. I answered it here. And I did it without saying anything bad. B)

Someone confused Locationless with Virtuals. I corrected. :lol:AND if you read my post again, you'll notice that I took great pains to not put any of my bias in the post. The only thing I could have done to make it less bias is to remove the quotes around "caches".

I was just about to post a locationless thread, but luckily saw this one. While I've been caching for a year, I just started to do locationless caches starting in September when I heard about their upcoming demise. I have to say I've enjoyed each one that I've done, and I even had to honor of adopting "Tanks for the Memories" last week and will maintain the tanks category on Waymarking. Like a post above said, while Waymarking is neat and all, it won't be the same. To Locationless Caches!

My previous post indicated I wouldn't miss locationless as a category but it was on topic because I said I really enjoyed Pair of Quintuplets. I will have fond memories of that one. I was surprised how much I learned about navigating with a GPS by doing that one despite having owned a GPSr for 3 years. In the half hour I was out finding the cache it taught me a great deal about how to locate a specific spot that I didn't know about. A brilliant cache by any standards and I would have loved to have found more like that.

It's just more of a reverse puzzle of a cache, a differnt kind of challenge. Think of it as a mystery cache where you have a little more latitude in finding the coordinates. anyway, just my opinion.

An interesting twist, pairomedicchick, on the idea I hadn't thought of. Given me something to think about and perhaps for Waymarking.

JDandDD

Edited by JDandDD
Wow! I've never seen so many people disregard the topic of a thread- and all by long time posters. This wasn't started as a debate but for 'Your Fond Memories of the soon to Expire'. There are more than a few cachers who like LC, virt and webcams. If you don't care for them why couldn't you at least let one thread about them pass without the negative comments? ;)

My post listed three specific locationless cache memories, described something I liked to do to make locationless caches more interesting for me, and remnisced about a plan that I spent dozens of hours constructing, but never got around to implementing. I then placed my experience in context of what I've learned as I progressed from newbie to veteran.

Maybe you should go have another beer. Mmmm, beer.

Eulogy To Locationless, Your Fond Memories of the soon to Expire

I did 20 some of them. Some were interesting, some where not. Really liked the, Wheres in a name one, how often do I get to work with geocachers from Germany?

Another that i'll remember is" Kent you find one". I drive past this elevator often and I had never noticed they have a Kent sign up there, oops ;) .

Moving on:

Ashes to Ashes

Dust to Dust

If geocaching doesn't want you

Waymarking must? ;)

Of the handful of locationless caches I have done, my favorite was Grave of a Famous Person.

For a number of years, long before there was geocaching, I had wanted to hunt down the grave of the author Jack Kerouac, knowing that he is buried in a cemetery just a few towns away from me. When I stumbled into the Graves of a Famous Person LC, it gave me the push I needed to finally located Kerouac's final resting place.

Here is my log.

I guess I'll be sad to see them go. I haven't done many, only 8, but I had planned on doing more someday. Oh well, really not as big of a loss for me I guess.

However, I find it funny how some folks take joy, and would personally like to kill someone elses game. We all watched as code word micros bit the dust, primarily because of complaints about there not being a log book. A search of the forum archives shows what happened to them. Too bad since they were among the most fun to find.

I got bored with them pretty quickly, 'cause I liked a container to find and a log to sign.

I'm not sure how valid this statement is, because after all, if this were entirely true, you wouldn't have found 119 virtual caches. And it didn't seem to be because of them being lame, otherwise you wouldn't have put so much thought into how you might set a record for finding LC's.

I never much liked the toolset for locationless caches, it was like a square peg in a round hole. "What's the cute but obscure name for the cache where you have to find X?" "Has anyone already logged this object?" "Shoot, someone's been there, now I won't visit."

A few people came up with links to locationless caches that were catagorized by description, so remembering the obscure name wasn't really a big deal, but I think that I could see your point. The website probably should have improved the interface somehow for listing them. Water under the bridge now. As for not being FTF, why would that keep you from visiting? How is not being FTF any different than on any other cache?

space.gif

Now here's some great wisdom. :blink: To Markwell's credit, I remember long ago how he said he would never log a locationless cache, and true to his word, he hasn't. Good for his sticktoitiveness.

The locationless caches are criteria with multiple locations.

You know, these little definitions of cache descriptions and what you feel they should be seems a little selfish IMO, no offense meant. You didn't like code word micros because they had no log sheet to sign, and they were micros, which you personally disliked. Not sure how you feel about micros now, but I remember how you fiercely disliked them. Lots of examples in the forums for both, if only the search functions were working. But you know, other people liked them a lot. There are other people playing the game, in different ways than you do.

You know some people found the photographer caches (me among them) interesting. That is, until you restricted one of them to a specific location. It wouldn't have been so bad, but you kept changing the date everytime it moved, pushing one of the newest cache listings off the stack when you searched for new caches in the state (from the state link on the main page). If you happened to have another one in the state, it pushed two off the stack. These caches had multiple locations, and had no log to sign, but somehow they were supposed to be ok while the others weren't. Frankly, I'm glad to see them go, but not because they had no criteria, or location, or logbook.

It seems rather unfair to judge other caches because they have no log book, or have no coordinates, or specific criteria. Many people get their enjoyment in many different ways. For example, take the geodashing game you play. No log, no specific criteria, multiple locations, plus the coordinates are radomly generated. For the life of me I can't see the thrill of something like this, but I would never try to keep you from playing that game.

Anyway, maybe it for the best to clear house. I personally have no intention of logging a webcam cache (also no logbook), or Waymarks, but as long as others like them, who am I to complain. Maybe cleaning the cache types out will reduce some angst and we could all get along in the new year. :unsure:

Edited by cachew nut

Well if I understand this right, these are the same thing as virtuals? ... If not just call me silly newbie :lol:

Then I would have to say that todays "A Grave Sight" would be my favorite...since it was my first and aparently last one...bummer. :unsure: I really liked doing it, even though I live only a couple miles from this park I think of all the other neat places doing this could of taken me without having to worry about finding a hide. At least I got to log at least one in my 3 days as a member.

Will hate to see them go. :blink:

Well if I understand this right, these are the same thing as virtuals? ... If not just call me silly newbie :lol:

Then I would have to say that todays "A Grave Sight" would be my favorite...since it was my first and aparently last one...bummer. :unsure: I really liked doing it, even though I live only a couple miles from this park I think of all the other neat places doing this could of taken me without having to worry about finding a hide. At least I got to log at least one in my 3 days as a member.

Will hate to see them go. :blink:

Silly newbie! :P

Nope, virtuals (like you did today) are different then locationless caches.

Virtuals that are on the site are not going away (for now), but they are not listing any new ones.

I'm going to really miss the locationless caches that were left. I really enjoyed this aspect of geocaching, and it gave me a reason to keep my eyes open on long drives and places I couldn't normally be caching. LCs brought me to at least as many interesting places as regular caches as well, in fact the percentage of interesting spots for LCs was probably much higher.

:unsure:

My fondest memories of Locationless Caches are the "Aha" moments. Walking through Manhattan, I saw this Metamorphosed Buildings, and an alarm went off in my brain "That's a great Metamorphosed Building!" My brain is still looking for a speed limit sign that ends in neither 5 nor 0. When I finally find one, I'll say "Oh, well."

My favorite Locationless was Dash for Cache. Goals that changed kept me hopping, and most of those goals were very imaginative. I had fun.

Oh, well.

Edited by Harry Dolphin

I liked LCs. I felt that they needed to be classified better, so I was somewhat glad to hear that they would be going to WM.com. Unfortunately, other believe that WM.com should simply be a location listing site and are not requiring any real verification (like a pic) that new locations were actually visited. This makes it less fun to run out and log these cool spots, in my opinion.

I remember going Cachew Nut's 'Ghost Busters' LC. I was at the TN capitol for a different LC when I came across a plaque regarding it's 'haunting'. I really wanted to log it, but there was drama at the building. You see, the legislature was debating whether an income tax should be enacted and many citizens were protesting outside. State troopers were scattered about on the grounds in case things got festive. I chatted with a few of the troopers and got one of them to pose with me in front of the capitol while the other took the pic.

Whenever someone posts how posting coordinates invites terrorists, I always chuckle thinking of that pic.

Edited by sbell111

I loved locationless for many reasons. When I first started geocaching, I was typing everything in by hand, printing out pages so when I went after caches, it was very planned. Locationless on the other hand had a bunch of choices that I could remember what to do and what they are w/o so much prep time. This helped me learn how to use my GPSr and figure out good ways to search logs for duplicates.

As I got more into caching, I saw them as bonus caches as they became fewer and harder to find. I enjoyed the thrill of finding an unlogged locationless in an area that had essentially been cached out. I also enjoyed the thrill of finding one while looking for something else. (I was looking for a vietnam memorial and I found a time capsule.)

Finally, my favorite locationless cache finds were:

Toynbee Idea Tile which I have since adopted. I'd driven over this sign for over a year before I realized what it was. Then I'd never get there at a good time to stop. Finally after night caching, I was able to run out in the pouring rain to grab it.

NYSE : After 16 months of of inactivity, I was able to find one of the three possible finds on this. I happened to remember seeing something that looked like the example. I went looking and it was where I remembered...

I will miss them. I've been working hard for a while to get as many as I can. I enjoyed them and will miss them. I was honored that I was able to adopt one and have people find it. I gave them a moment of silence, they will be missed by some of us.

My favorite was A Pair of Quintuplets. I tried for months to get to a place like that. The first time, I locked my bike to a fence and went walking toward the spot. I couldn’t reach it, and when I got back, I found two horses leaning over the fence chewing on my bicycle seat! (I hid a cache there later to commemorate the event: Dinner for Two - a puzzle cache.)

Another time I went to one that a topo map showed was on a beach, but it was actually about 150 feet offshore.

Several times I rode or pushed my bike for miles up steep hills, only to find a Keep Out sign blocking the way.

It was very frustrating. But I kept at it, and on my 12’th try I finally succeeded.

I like variety, and the locationless caches added a lot of that to geocaching. I’m sad to see them go.

Many locationless can be moved to waymarkling ("Find a crack in the road and post coors", "Find a bush, post coords"). But how about things like "Where's in a name", or "Scavenger Hunt", or "A Pair of Quintuplets"? Those are people, places, or things. Is there a category for them?

My favorite was A Pair of Quintuplets.

Yes, Pair of Quintuplets was a challenging cache! If for no other reason than that the coords kept changing. I tracked several circles in the snow trying to get the GPS to read the right coords. Fortunately, my nearby one was located in a county park a mile and a half or so north. Barely outside of the local Army Arsenal. I'm surprised that no one tried to log this one at my cache with coords ending in five zeroes, lat and long both.

Interestingly, A Cache of Palindromes is usually fairly close nearby. This one left me wandering about in a frozen swamp, a short distance away, until the GPS decided to cooperate.

There were a couple of replies to my post after a warning was issued. I think it is only fair that I get a chance to respond to them. My apologies to the OP and Quiggle.

Wow! I've never seen so many people disregard the topic of a thread- and all by long time posters.

I did not ignore the thread topic. I answered it here. And I did it without saying anything bad. :D

And you could have said nothing by not making any post at all. :D

Someone confused Locationless with Virtuals.  I corrected.  :DAND if you read my post again, you'll notice that I took great pains to not put any of my bias in the post.  The only thing I could have done to make it less bias is to remove the quotes around "caches".

The quotation marks weren't that bad, could've done without em tho. :D

Wow! I've never seen so many people disregard the topic of a thread- and all by long time posters. This wasn't started as a debate but for 'Your Fond Memories of the soon to Expire'. There are more than a few cachers who like LC, virt and webcams. If you don't care for them why couldn't you at least let one thread about them pass without the negative comments? :D

My post listed three specific locationless cache memories, described something I liked to do to make locationless caches more interesting for me, and remnisced about a plan that I spent dozens of hours constructing, but never got around to implementing. I then placed my experience in context of what I've learned as I progressed from newbie to veteran.

So, are you implying that only newbies (otherwise know as inexperienced cachers) would do them?

Maybe you should go have another beer.  Mmmm, beer.

What does the quantity of beer I drink have to do with the topic. Or is there something else you are trying to say? Are you implying that I am an alchoholic? If so, I consider that a personal attack which is against the forum guidelines. Maybe Keystone can look into this. :D BTW: I don't really like beer and only have it very infrequently and when I do it is only 1 or 2. Any of my friends can attest to that. :D

I got bored with them pretty quickly, 'cause I liked a container to find and a log to sign.  I did ten in my first few months on the site, but only three after that.  They were among my most memorable, so I made exceptions.  One was "Cache Bay," found during a shopping trip with a good friend in Vegas, the second was "Natural Arches All Around," found during an epic hike to my 500th cache, where I needed to pick up one more find along the way, and the third was "Where's in a Name?" which I logged with help from an Irish geocacher at a spot just outside an ancient castle in Ireland.

It was also fun to see how many locationless I could score with one photo.  Once I had a Yellow Jeep, a Mail Pouch Tobacco Sign, and a Historic Marker for the place where Jeeps were invented, all in sight at the same time, but the Jeep drove off before I could take the photo.  I made up for it later when I captured a Suspension Bridge, a Bronze Baseball Player Statue (unlogged), a Yellow Jeep, and an American Flag (unlogged), all in the same photo.

I also thought about trying to set a record for how many locationless I could find in one day.  I had plotted out a route through my area that would've scored me about 45 or 50, but never got around to doing it because there were too many fun hikes, event caches and so forth that seemed more fun.

I never much liked the toolset for locationless caches, it was like a square peg in a round hole.  "What's the cute but obscure name for the cache where you have to find X?"  "Has anyone already logged this object?" "Shoot, someone's been there, now I won't visit." I think that the design of Waymarking.com overcomes these shortcomings nicely, and I've enjoyed setting up some categories, marking some waymarks, and finding waymarks established by others.  Now, it is something different to do, and with a better toolset.  So, out with the old, in with the new!

Hmmm....doesn't sound like you were too fond of them to me.... :D

Back on topic: I celebrated the last day for them by finding 5, the last one being "Timing" Is Everything. I picked that one for last because I've wanted to do it for a while and recently met the cacher who listed it: Web-ling.

As for my favorite? It would have to be the Dead 'Federate Cache. You can read my log for it here.

Locationless caches have been a major factor in our enjoyment of geocaching. No, the locationless caches are not the same as regular caches, however, they have been fun in a different way, involving just as much of the "thrill of the hunt," albeit in a different sort of way. We've made at least a dozen drives of over 50 miles one way simply to go after a locationless cache, and have generally learned far more history from many of them than from normal caches.

We have had many favorites amongst our locationless cache finds, and have been keeping a Favorite Locationless Caches List for quite a few months, which highlights some of our favorites.

Also, as we mention in our final log for "Dash for Cache", we'll definitely miss locationless caches.

Count us amongst those that really wish the locationless caches were not being moved off of the geocaching.com site completely. Personally, we'd love to see some sort of "time-limited" locationless caching solution (time-limited like "Dash for Cache" was) that would continue to reside on geocaching.com indefinitely.

Happy Caching!

Edited by solid-rock-seekers
Eulogy To Locationless, Your Fond Memories of the soon to Expire

I did 20 some of them. Some were interesting, some where not. Really liked the, Wheres in a name one, how often do I get to work with geocachers from Germany?

I agree! "Where's In a Name" (GC3153) was a fun cache to solve. I also worked on it with a geocacher from Germany. He is a medical student. We exchanged a few emails and got to know each other a little while solving the cache. His lifestyle in Germany (walking everywhere and only bringing out his motorbike in the summer to conserve petrol) is quite different from mine (45 mile daily commute...)!

And the other locationless cache that I was glad I did was "Are There Any Drive-ins Left?" (GC543) I actually did the groundwork for this one over a year ago, taking photos of the sad, paint-flaking drive-in screen that is still standing in my home town and the pile of rubble that used to be the concession stand. Remember the announcement? "It's Intermission Time!"Where else would you get to see talking hot dogs and popcorn boxes that juggle? :D I have been meaning to log it and finally did, on the last day of 2005, with the impending deadline looming. In some small way, I feel I have helped to preserve the memory of these quickly disappearing theaters.

And finally, for my last cache of the year, I drove up to Maine to log an EarthCache (Tidal EarthCache - GCCE8D), since they will also be moving to Waymarking. It was a very nice way to end 2005! :D

Edited by Goldfinch593

Seems folks forget what a eulogy is about. The unwritten rules when pay tribute to the passing. Please be respectful. Respectful towards the topic and each other.

Folks, treat this as the passing of a coworker that you barely knew. It matters not if you liked or disliked the person. Always put forth a respectful posture and not turn it into some sort of fued.

Thanks folks.

Edited by Moose Mob

There were a couple of replies to my post after a warning was issued.

Warning for what? :D

Back on topic: I celebrated the last day for them by finding 5, the last one being "Timing" Is Everything.

I was going to do this as well, but never got to it. What an appropriate cache for your last LC!

P.S. Don't pay any attention to the beer stuff. Not sure what that was all about. Happy New Year!