Which State Needs A Coin?

H to the Bizzle!

I thought about making a Kansas coin since I'm right in the middle of it, but I'm not an official geocaching organization so I'm not sure it would go over too well.

I guess the military has an Army of One so I could be an organization of One :P

Kansas Geocaching Organization . KAN-GO ... KAN-GO Caching ... or Kango and Cache :rolleyes:

There are several in various planning/production stages, so I won't include those.

Here's a few...

New Hampshire

Connecticut

Louisiana

Vermont

Arkansas

Mississippi

Nebraska

South Dakota

Montana

Kansas (non PC)

Are these actually being made by cachers in these states? Or are some of them being made like the Hawaii coin is?

There are several in various planning/production stages, so I won't include those.

Here's a few...

New Hampshire

Connecticut

Louisiana

Vermont

Arkansas

Mississippi

Nebraska

South Dakota

Montana

Kansas (non PC)

Are these actually being made by cachers in these states? Or are some of them being made like the Hawaii coin is?

The Nebraska organization has been working on a coin.

Hawaii

Nope, that one is made and is currently being sold on eBay.

Here's a few...

New Hampshire

Connecticut

Louisiana

Vermont

Arkansas

Mississippi

Nebraska

South Dakota

Montana

Kansas (non PC)

Can you give me a link to where the Hawaii coin is?? I've seen the personal coin for someone there but not state?? email me please.

Here's a few...

New Hampshire

Connecticut

Louisiana

Vermont

Arkansas

Mississippi

Nebraska

South Dakota

Montana

Kansas (non PC)

This was a list of state coins that I didn't think were made or even being planned yet. I see I was wrong about 1 of them already.

If it hadn't been for Moun10bike bringing his coin to Montana way back when, we probably wouldn't even know what a geocoin was. I am hoping someone with more organizational skills and finances than myself would take up the Montana geocoin cause. Make them and I could buy a few just to fulfill some obligations I have to some great people.

Things are a little slower here but sometimes that is a good thing.

Team sidewinder

Hawaii

Yeah, what a scam that is, dont give any one anymore ideas.

:rolleyes:

There's no reason that geocachers in Hawaii couldn't make their own coin as well, it's not as if they can't just because an out-of-state commercial coin is being offered.

I have a strong preference for coins designed by locals, or with their involvement and input. My interest in geocoins is because of the relationship to geocaching, and there are a lot of coins being offered now that I have no interest in because they lack that connection. I don't buy geocoins just because they are offered but obviously I'm in the minority. :P

I thought about making a Kansas coin since I'm right in the middle of it, but I'm not an official geocaching organization so I'm not sure it would go over too well.

I guess the military has an Army of One so I could be an organization of One :rolleyes:

Kansas Geocaching Organization . KAN-GO ... KAN-GO Caching ... or Kango and Cache :blink:

Have you thought about contacting any of the Kansas geocaching organizations and offered to help get a coin produced? Often all it takes is one or two people with the willpower to get the ball rolling... organizations are sometime hard to get moving. :D

I'd like to see a REAL NY coin.

The of course - one's of any state that I have visited wouold be cool. 

I must admit I was surprised at the Albany skyline on the NY coin.

Perhaps someone will make a NYC coin...HINT HINT

Or a Long Island coin :rolleyes:

Geesh - There's already an Oregon and a Portland coin.

I'll take two of the NYC coins :blink:

Have you thought about contacting any of the Kansas geocaching organizations and offered to help get a coin produced? Often all it takes is one or two people with the willpower to get the ball rolling... organizations are sometime hard to get moving. :rolleyes:

I'd go for the "one or two people to get the ball rolling approach".

While Connecticut has no official geocaching organization, we are still a very active community. We have two regular evening "get togthers" in different parts of our state each month, and we have our share of other events, too. My point is, you don't have to be officially organized to get things done.

You might find that if you host a local get together, maybe over pizza and beer, that you'd find others interested in making a coin, too. And it might even happen quicker than via an organization.

A Long Island coin is being debated and discussed as we speak. OK, maybe not AS we speak but there are plans in the works. Katy + Miles - get in touch with me, I actually have something in the works that, if you guys decide to make a CT coin, we'd like to talk to you about it. As for NYC...hmmmmm.

I guess the military has an Army of One so I could be an organization of One  :rolleyes:

Kansas Geocaching Organization . KAN-GO ... KAN-GO Caching ... or Kango and Cache  :blink:

Have you thought about contacting any of the Kansas geocaching organizations and offered to help get a coin produced? Often all it takes is one or two people with the willpower to get the ball rolling... organizations are sometime hard to get moving. :D

Well, I have to admit, I'm not aware of any Kansas Geocaching Organizations. I did some searching in the forums and the site with no luck. If there's a list of all the state organizations somewhere, can someone point me to it?

I will admit I didn't search it out thoroughly, but I was under the impression the state coins were all trackable. If no state organization exists and non-trackable and non-iconable would go, I'll put off my personal coin and work on a state one.

Hawaii

Nope, that one is made and is currently being sold on eBay.

Agreed. I like to see a Hawaii STATE coin, not what's curretnly out there.

Not sure I ever see any 'locals' on here but it would be great if they were.

Me thinks somebody will now be making a State of Confusion coin and selling it soon! :rolleyes:

If there's a list of all the state organizations somewhere, can someone point me to it?

Check my signature line.

I've tried to keep up with all the local/state groups as best I could.

I'm sure there's a couple I've missed.

If anyone knows of any I've missed, I'd really appreciate an email with the info :rolleyes:

If there's a list of all the state organizations somewhere, can someone point me to it?

Check my signature line.

I've tried to keep up with all the local/state groups as best I could.

I'm sure there's a couple I've missed.

If anyone knows of any I've missed, I'd really appreciate an email with the info :rolleyes:

Thanks Hawk. I see none listed so I'm just gonna take it upon myself to design one.

Kansas coin coming soon.

I have been trying to garner support from our state geocaching organization for a Louisiana state geocoin. I have had a few responses from some members supporting it, but no overall consensus on it. I think our problem is, we don't know where to start.

What are the actual processes in getting a state geocoin made ( I mean with GC and the state organizations involvement in it)?

Thanks

LSUFan

LAGeocaching.org member