Bison Tubes In Rockpiles

flask

Would you settle for Film Canister?

If only they were named "Micro in a rock pile" they would be easier to find.

The one I was thinking of was a film canister in a rock pile of landscaping rocks. It was a numbers game. A bird had left a deposit on a rock. That one rock stood out entirely on accident. That's the one the cache was under. No where near were we were looking before. After a rain, that clue would be gone.

Another one...I'd love to tell you about it but I never found it. Another rock pile and micro though.

Edited by Renegade Knight
can anyone give one or two examples of caches that are something like a bison tube in a big rockpile?

Well, if you really want to cook their noodle ... take your bison tube and stand in front of the rock pile. Now, take your coordinates while standing in front of the rock pile. Next, take your bison tube and throw it in the middle of the rock pile. There, you're done. The cache is well hidden.

Edited by clearpath

no, no, no...

i want real examples. something with a gc.com waypoint name. something i can link to in a log where i say something like, "well, at least it's not a bison tube in a pile o' rocks..."

p.s. i have a really teeny little bison tube and a big honkin' boulder field in mind...

Last one I looked for, a tree fell on the hiding place, the bison tube fell well into the rock pile, and no one ever found it.

This does not strike me as a very good idea.

I lost a racquet ball container in a rock pile that way. A squirrel could find it but not a human.

I lost the stylus for my Palm the same way. I was looking for a cache in a rockpile and pulled out the Palm to grab the hint. I didn't stick the stylus back in tight and it slid out and into the rocks. Sad thing was that I could see it, but there was no way I could reach it.

With over 750 finds, I have yet to find a cache that was a bison tube. Must not be a big thing in my area.

You could put a tube in a Bison :laughing: , but then it would be a traveing cache and those are not allowed anymore, :laughing: besides, know one would want to retreive it anyway :laughing:

• tell the bison to relax
  • put on a shoulder length latex glove
  • take a few deep breaths and think about the smilie and the story-swapping at the next event you attend
  • strike fast and without hesitation, grasshopper

You could put a tube in a Bison :laughing: , but then it would be a traveing cache and those are not allowed anymore, :laughing:  besides, know one would want to retreive it anyway :o
  • tell the bison to relax
  • put on a shoulder length latex glove
  • take a few deep breaths and think about the smilie and the story-swapping at the next event you attend
  • strike fast and without hesitation, grasshopper

Then, if the bison enjoyed the procedure, you've found yourself a friend ... a gooood friend. :laughing:

Slightly Off Topic:

I've found a fake rock in a rock pile before. No link will be posted to protect the innocent, but most of the locals know which one I'm talking about. The container seems to be missing now, but who knows? :laughing:

Even if the hider posts spot-on coordinates, he or she should take extra measures to prevent the container from being dislocated. Otherwise, this is just another needle in a haystack :laughing:

Look at it this way. If someone threw your car keys into a rock pile, would you enjoy looking for them? B)

Would I enjoy helping you look for them? :)

I would enjoy helping you look for your car keys much more than some lame bison tube cache. :)

Uh, people, please read what Flask wrote. She is not going to HIDE a bison tube in a rock pile. She is trying to find an actual cache that is a bison tube in a rock pile to use as a (bad) example.

Flask doesn't do lame caches, AFAIK.

no, no, no...

i want real examples. something with a gc.com waypoint name. something i can link to in a log where i say something like, "well, at least it's not a bison tube in a pile o' rocks..."

p.s. i have a really teeny little bison tube and a big honkin' boulder field in mind...

Let me check my ignore list.... :)

Look at it this way.  If someone threw your car keys into a rock pile, would you enjoy looking for them?  B)

Would I enjoy helping you look for them?  :)

I would enjoy helping you look for your car keys much more than some lame bison tube cache. :)

Uh, people, please read what Flask wrote. She is not going to HIDE a bison tube in a rock pile. She is trying to find an actual cache that is a bison tube in a rock pile to use as a (bad) example.

Flask doesn't do lame caches, AFAIK.

I like Flask though, Flask rocks. So a pile of Flasks with a bison tube would be a poor hide in my opinion.

I’m too tired this morning to go back and try to figure out where I was going with the other post. I need medication, stat. B)