Meanings??

Momoney

From past Forum postings, I think Georgia style might mean the cache is beneath pine needles. Florida style might mean the cache is beneath palmetto fronds. Out here, although the term isn't used, "Regular Style" might mean the cache is beneath an "artificial pile of rocks."

New Jersey style is a ammo box in a rock crevice.

I thought Fla. style was a cache hidden by a blue haired lady wearing red polyester pants.

No, cache hidden by a blue-haired lady wearing red polyester pants and whining "I wanna go to MY-AM-EEEEE!" is definately New Jersey Style.

LOL on Dutch Style. I may have to try that one.

LA style: Drive by caching out the window. Or, caches found only on Left side of road...

Oregon Style: Biodegradable and earth-friendly container made from owl dung.

Alaska Style: Night Only Cache or Day Only Cache depending on whether it is Winter or July.

Texas Style: A micro that consists of a used shotgun shell container in a field of a Corps of Engineer "Wildlife Preserve".... surrounded by more used shotgun shells. Or, caches found only on Right side of road...

Southeast Alabama/Southwest Georgia Sytle: Small cache consists of a used Skoal can as a container. Cache with "Git-R-Done" somewhere in the name.

Kentucky Style: Coordinates may be off a bit since the cache is stuck up a horses....

Kansas Style: The cache is the most notable aspect of the location, and provides the only terrain relief on the horizon.

Maryland Style: Beware and take care, since ticks serve as cache guardian. If not tick season, witches subsitute nicely.

Any other regional styles?

(Before anyone gets up in arms, each state listed above is one that I have actually claimed residence in at some point or another)

I'm currently caching in the Netherlands. Lots of wooden shoes :P On the serious side, there does seem to be a pattern for the Dutch caches, at least the ones I've found so far. The cache, usually an ammo can, is placed in a hole in the ground and then covered with leaves and sticks. Guess you could technically say that it isn't buried but it did take me by surprise. I wasn't looking for caches in the ground.

BTW - there are two Nevada styles - under a pile of rocks or hidden in a large sagebrush - both styles are guarded by Diamondback Rattlers.

Edited by Spyder13

Ohio Style: Not in any factual way differant from the mainstream, but cachers are forever being asked to recount their finds, just in case they missed one. There's usually a camera crew involved, as well.

or

Ohio State Style: The caches are filled with cash, violating the GCAA (GeoCachers Association of America) rules, resulting in Cacher suspensions and Hider firings.

Or

In Truth: Every cache in Ohio is at some point flooded and/or covered with Poison Ivy.

Mississippi Style - Tree cover makes accuracy soar to +/- 30ft. Your arrow is pointing to the middle of a stretch of kudzu miles wide and at least 4 ft deep.

If you don't know what kudzu is...count yourself lucky. It is an ivy that grows, in the idela Mississippi summer weather, at least a foot a day and covers EVERYTHING.

KUDZU

Cental Washington over to Eastern Washington....

A pile of small rocks stacked against a larger rock.

A pile of sticks stacked against the base of a tree.

A micro, of various sizes, stuck in the crack of a rock wall.

At the base of a sage brush...that bites.

To name just a few of the norms. :(

By the way this topic is right on time. I leave in the morning for S. Georgia. I plan on picking-up a few of those "Georgia Style" caches in the next couple of days...Look out Tifton, Albany, Dothan, and Enterprise...here I come. Yes, I know the last two are in Alabama. I get to find out what an "Alabama Style" cache is. I just hope they don't have anything to do with a rattlesnake. :blink:

Edited by WARedBear
New England style somewere near the beer.

But unaccessable after 10pm or on Sundays. :lol:

4 years of college there, it was actually 8pm in that state. best part was, you could buy on superbowl sunday, liquor stores and cornershops protested because that's their biggest selling day of the year, and they were forced to be closed. so the changed the law, for that one sunday a year. sigh :(

Seattle Style: In a latte cup, on a deserted street corner in the rain waiting for the "Walk" signal.

I once heard a weather forcast on television in Seattle that called for showers followed by rain. What the . . . Isn't that just rain, ALL DAY. :blink:

Style Style: For men: Baggy pants, and hair that covers the ears

For women: Tight pants with pockets, and a belly shirt

How this works with a cache, I'm not sure, but I'm sure the right paint job could make these things happen. :unsure:

What are the meanings Georgia style , Florida style, & regular style???  Saw a couple today that said....Hidden Georgia Style, or Florida Style.

Looks like only idiosyncratic answered your question!

She appears to be correct; I was in Georgia last July but I have fogotten the local styles.

Ah, I found it: Here is link to my tread.

Georgia Style- under pine needles

Florida Style -under palmettos l

North Carolina Style- under the root ball of a fallen tree

and here is one you won't hear unless you get to Florida

Jacksonville Style coined by Doc Dean, up the Butt of Some Inanimate Animal

Coined by The Federation.

Edited by Chuy
New England style somewere near the beer.

But unaccessable after 10pm or on Sundays. :unsure:

The blue laws have changed. For a while, liquor stores were open on Sundays between Thanksgiving and Xmas. Now they're open all the time - I think blue laws were repealed at the beginning of last year. Many mom and pop stores resisted because Sunday was their only day off.

Edited by CacheNCarryMA
... Albany, Dothan, and Enterprise...here I come. Yes, I know the last two are in Alabama. I get to find out what an "Alabama Style" cache is. I just hope they don't have anything to do with a rattlesnake.  :unsure:

From what I remember living in SE LA (South East Lower Alababma), rattle snakes were non existent.

However, should you hear erie banjo music, and a voice behind you drawls "squeal like a pig, boy" then you should probably run. Really fast.

EDIT: If you are driving fast between, say, Georgia and Alabama, and you have Ohio tags on your vehicle, and get a "check engine light, then pull over.... a state trooper arrives to "help" you, and mentions he saw you going fast a few miles back, he noticed... you reply back "sheesh, it wasn't more than 5 MPH over the speed limit... he disregards your matters of defense and asks "what makes you think an Ohio boy can burn across my state like that?", then certainly, under any circumstances even if you have very, very dry humor, is it a good idea to quip back "Well, Sherman was from Ohio, and he did it." This is a really bad idea. This is a true story, back in my younger years when I wasn't quite as socially conscious as I am now.

Back on topic: The above story is definately an example of what Georgia Style is not... :)

Edited by Jeep_Dog
I once heard a weather forcast on television in Seattle that called for showers followed by rain. What the . . . Isn't that just rain, ALL DAY. :unsure:

Nope. Showers don't count as rain in this state. We also occasionally get weather forcasts for "scatter sunshine".

However, going home two nights ago was a real drag. First day we'd had sunshine in about a week. Folks forgot how to drive when the roads are dry and this orange thing is hanging in the sky. Don't worry, when the two days of rain ("the weekend") arrive it will be another slow day since the roads will be wet.

Found a micro the other day attached to the bottom of a "Pay Here" sign for the new parking meters. Now I just have to catch the DOT camara pointing south to claim the find. :)

Well, it seems like Texas style should be really huge caches, given the "Everythings Bigger in Texas" slogan, but in North Dallas, the style is instead "Hey, I've hidden a micro in an area with hundreds of possible hiding spots in a location that is impossible to not be seen by muggles. Oh, and there is no hint. Have fun!"