World's Tackiest Geocache!

Sparrowhawk

Check this out.

Best sarcastic comment on the whole page:

"You know what? I think I need to put an elaborate white wrought iron fences with fleur de lille all around the house and the windows and buy about 20 small statues of Michelangelo's David to line the driveway and while I'm at it how about small busts of women on pedestals on the roof of the house and to top it off an orange SUV in the driveway."

Looks like private property to me. The people that own and run it should be able to decorate the property however they choose within legal limitations of course.

That's true, property owners have that perfect right to decorate as they choose. And of course, the rest of us the both the right and the privilege to "critique" their docorating. especially if it looks like THAT! :)

Edited by Sparrowhawk
Sausage fest comes to mind looking at the pictures.

if you're referring to what i think you're referring, i've got to tell you that if that was the case, they would have decorated far more tastefully. i would think it is NOT fabulous decorating.

then again... they do have some nice landscape lighting... :)

someone needs an intervention! :)

Looks like private property to me. The people that own and run it should be able to decorate the property however they choose within legal limitations of course.

No they don't. They have no such 'right' at all. To allow property owners to 'decorate' their property to the detriment of their neighbors is not a 'right'. If the neighbors want to correct this problem they first need to obtain a set of gonads larger than the offending self-centered insulting moron next door. Then to collectively organize against the pitiful inconsiderate loser. Haul his sorry butt through the courts and otherwise harrass and confound him until he either gets the message or better yet, moves to some other neighborhood where his special 'decorating' talents will be more acceptable. Then pass the local ordinances and Convenants, Conditions and Restrictions that are sometimes necessary to get the attention of those who seem to think that the universe revolves around their miserable little selves. Trust me, you'd not like to be MY neighbor. Well that is unless you are capable of behaving in a manner consistient with normally experienced social and neighborly norms. For some strange reason there are those that find this to be an extremely difficult thing to comprehend.

Edited by Team cotati697

No they don't. They have no such 'right' at all. To allow property owners to 'decorate' their property to the detriment of their neighbors is not a 'right'. If the neighbors want to correct this problem they first need to obtain a set of gonads larger than the offending self-centered insulting moron next door. Then to collectively organize against the pitiful inconsiderate loser. Haul his sorry butt through the courts and otherwise harrass and confound him until he either gets the message or better yet, moves to some other neighborhood where his special 'decorating' talents will be more acceptable. Then pass the local ordinances and Convenants, Conditions and Rules that are sometimes necessary to get the attention of those who seem to think that the universe revolves around their miserable little selves. Trust me, you'd not like to be MY neighbor. Well that is unless you are capable of behaving in a manner consistient with normally experienced social and neighborly norms. For some strange reason there are those that find this to be an extremely difficult thing to comprehend.

um, yes it is. if it's within legal limitations then it is their right. you don't have to like it, gonads or no. the beauty this house being in america.

and from the sounds of it, i wouldn't like to be your neighbor. can you tell from any of those pictures in the gallery whether or not the residents of the house behave in one way or another, or just decorate?

No they don't. They have no such 'right' at all. To allow property owners to 'decorate' their property to the detriment of their neighbors is not a 'right'. If the neighbors want to correct this problem they first need to obtain a set of gonads larger than the offending self-centered insulting moron next door. Then to collectively organize against the pitiful inconsiderate loser. Haul his sorry butt through the courts and otherwise harrass and confound him until he either gets the message or better yet, moves to some other neighborhood where his special 'decorating' talents will be more acceptable. Then pass the local ordinances and Convenants, Conditions and Rules that are sometimes necessary to get the attention of those who seem to think that the universe revolves around their miserable little selves. Trust me, you'd not like to be MY neighbor. Well that is unless you are capable of behaving in a manner consistient with normally experienced social and neighborly norms. For some strange reason there are those that find this to be an extremely difficult thing to comprehend.

No, I would NOT like to be your neighbor B):o:)

I'll do as I dadgum well please on my own property, thank you very much. B)

I agree that this is the tackiest thing I have ever seen and I would be horrified if my neighbor did such a thing, but I would defend his/her right to decorate a home as he/she sees fit within the bounds of already existing and agreed upon covenants, conditions and rules.

If this is how an American citizen chooses to pursue his/her happiness and express themselves freely, then they actually DO have the right to do it. There are some 200 year old documents in Washington DC that explains this extremely difficult thing to comprehend.

Edited by YuccaPatrol

Oooo!! You definately wouldn't want to be my neighbor then!!

I'm sorry!

If I pay my good hard earned American cash for a piece of property, ain't NOBODY, short of local, state and federal laws, gonna dictate how I decide to use it!!

Co-op or no co-op!!

If someone came to me and started getting all uppity about what they thought I needed to do with my property, they better have cash in hand to buy it and do what "they" want or "shut up!" :)

Heck! I'm a pretty creative guy & a redneck at that!

I'm sure I would definately have some sort of "out of codes" violation to go up the first week I moved in.

Just because I like the way it looks.

Old tires make great flower beds by the way!! B):o

Trust me if they kept it up, I would find any and every loophole in the codes and extort them to the fullest extent within my means!!

Which is probably what happened in this case.

TACKY? Heck Yeah!!

Right to do it? MORE POWER TO THEM!!

D-man B)

OH Good GOD!!

Now that is tacky!!

Every respectable redneck knows if you paint your house pink, the shutters & trim have to be painted a nice contrasting color.

Either lavendar or chartruese is the prefered match in the "Housepainting for Rednecks" book!!

One single color is just simply TACKY! TACKY!! TACKY!!!

:o:)B)B)

D-man :)

bunch of naked guys(David statues)=sausage fest

When I think of sausage fest, I think of this:

[5A. Kramer and Newman are making sausages. Tape recorder plays Jackie Davis: Manana. Jerry comes in.]

Jerry: What is this?

Kramer: We're making sausages.

[Jerry stops the tape.]

Jerry: I thought you were gonna watch a video.

Kramer: Yeah, an instructional video about how to make your own sausages.

Jerry: Kramer, I'm not in a mood for this.

Kramer: All right, all right. Newman, let's go grab some mail sacks and haul these beauties out of here.

[Kramer starts the tape again and he and Newman leave.]

Jerry: Blood over there, sausages over here. I'm living in a slaughter house.

Goodness,

I suggest you move temporarily to some of the regions in Germany that have a larger garden-dwarf (Gartenzwerg) population. Yes, there are people who overpopulate their property with that sort of stuff, there are court cases about it, people harrassing each other ... just as you like it.

Come back when you're fed up with it and learned what the word tolerance means.

Jan

It's a good thing that place isn't over here, the temtation would be to great for a lot of people. It's pretty common that if someone is going on a cross country trip that they take someones garden gnome in the dead of night then spend the trip sending photos back to that address of the gnome enjoying the sights on it's holiday... a sort of unwilling travel bug, but pretty funny :)

There could be postcards from 'David' from all over the world!!!

Heh, it's funny to see people getting ticked off about a few garish statues hundreds (if not thousands) of miles from their homes.

I used to drive by that place every day. The house is smack-dab in the middle of L.A.'s rich-man's land. Half the houses in the area look like that anyway. :)

(edit: spelling)

Edited by Team Perks
One single color is just simply TACKY! TACKY!! TACKY!!!

Hey D-Man, what would you do if this guy moved in next door to you and duplicated the effort on their new place? B):)

With the pink... I'd wonder about his masculinity!

Or lack of as the case might be. B):)

But I really can't say that. I have a good friend that after 3 failed marriages decided that his toast wasn't buttered on the right side. (If you know what I mean)

His house is probably one of the coolest houses I've every been to.

Country ranch style with a game room with pool table, Big Screen TV with dolby digital theater surround sound, Huge 3 car shop with every power tool you'd ever want! Rides a Harley. Works a mechanic specializing in diesel fuel systems.

Totally opposite of every stereotype of that nature!! B)

Honestly? If someone were to do that? (Pink House)

I would think it was freakin' Hilarious!!

:o

My wife on the other hand... B):D:D

D-man :D

No they don't. They have no such 'right' at all. To allow property owners to 'decorate' their property to the detriment of their neighbors is not a 'right'. If the neighbors want to correct this problem they first need to obtain a set of gonads larger than the offending self-centered insulting moron next door. Then to collectively organize against the pitiful inconsiderate loser. Haul his sorry butt through the courts and otherwise harrass and confound him until he either gets the message or better yet, moves to some other neighborhood where his special 'decorating' talents will be more acceptable. Then pass the local ordinances and Convenants, Conditions and Restrictions that are sometimes necessary to get the attention of those who seem to think that the universe revolves around their miserable little selves. Trust me, you'd not like to be MY neighbor. Well that is unless you are capable of behaving in a manner consistient with normally experienced social and neighborly norms. For some strange reason there are those that find this to be an extremely difficult thing to comprehend.

Fun With Concrete

Be sure to check out the gallery - it doesn't do this site justice.

Passing local ordinances and Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions wouldn't work either, as the house would likely be considered "grandfathered."

Fun With Concrete

Be sure to check out the gallery - it doesn't do this site justice.

Passing local ordinances and Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions wouldn't work either, as the house would likely be considered "grandfathered."

Oh well, then Plan A it is: "If the neighbors want to correct this problem they first need to obtain a set of gonads larger than the offending self-centered insulting moron next door. Then to collectively organize against the pitiful inconsiderate loser. Haul his sorry butt through the courts and otherwise harrass and confound him until he either gets the message or better yet, moves to some other neighborhood where his special 'decorating' talents will be more acceptable."

I used to drive by that place every day. The house is smack-dab in the middle of L.A.'s rich-man's land. Half the houses in the area look like that anyway. :D

Heehee, my first thought when I saw where it was on the map was to wonder that exact issue. And then to wonder if it is "new money" or "old money"? NOT! ;):D

I wonder how many velvet Elvis pictures are hanging inside too. :lol:

I used to drive by that place every day.  The house is smack-dab in the middle of L.A.'s rich-man's land.  Half the houses in the area look like that anyway. :D

Heehee, my first thought when I saw where it was on the map was to wonder that exact issue. And then to wonder if it is "new money" or "old money"? NOT! ;):D

I wonder how many velvet Elvis pictures are hanging inside too. :lol:

Then I suppose that in that case, the neighbors don't really have too much to complain about, do they?

However, if they ever change their mind my Plan A will always be available and my consulting fees are quite reasonable.

Edited by Team cotati697

If you don’t like how the neighbor decorates his house, you should buy his property from him; then you can decorate it however you wish. To hound your neighbor and force them out is fundamentally dishonest. To force somebody to conform to your ideals of what is acceptable, especially when they are breaking no laws is the height of narcissism