New Geocaching Safety Vests!

Bryan

Groundspeak is pleased to announce the addition of two new products for Shop Groundspeak:

Adult Geocaching Safety Vest:

geo5581c.jpg

Children's Geocaching Safety Vest

geo5580c.jpg

Also, we just placed the order for the Signal Antenna Balls. Since they are being custom made, we will hopefully have them in stock in time for the holidays:

geo5582c_temp.jpg

Shop Groundspeak Signal Antenna Ball link

We hope you like the new Vests. Happy Geocaching!

Sincerely,

Rothstafari

Edited by Rothstafari
Very cool, but what do you consider "L" and "XL" size-wise?  Some L have been tents on me, while others weren't nearly big enough!

According to the vest vendor, here are the size ranges for the adult vest:

L - accommodate sizes 38 - 44 (M-XL)

XL - can accommodate sizes 44 - 48 (XL-2XL)

3XL - can accommodate sizes 48 - 52 (3XL-4XL)

These are approximate and it should be noted that the elastic side bands allow for size expansion. As a side note, the vendor mentioned that they are considering going with a One-Size-Fits All (using the XL as the standard) starting next year.

I hope the info helps...

-Rothstafari

OK - now I have a question that has been on my mind for some time -

only now it occurs to me that it may be two fold -

my original question - what is a signal antenna ball - what kind of signal does it receive or emit?

having seen that green froggie (?) with the light bulb in it's head yet again for the 100th time, I am wondering if that is the name of this ornament -

HUH?

Edited by CompuCash

my original question - what is a signal antenna ball - what kind of signal does it receive or emit?

having seen that green froggie (?) with the light bulb in it's head yet again for the 100th time, I am wondering if that is the name of this ornament -

Signal is his name.

-Rothstafari

Signal is his name.-Rothstafari

It receives. This way they can track your movements even if your GPSr is turned off. ;)

Signal is his name.

-Rothstafari

HA !!!!

That's what I thought today when I saw him again -

funny how the technical mind works -

right brain took over today - to make sense -

These are approximate and it should be noted that the elastic side bands allow for size expansion. As a side note, the vendor mentioned that they are considering going with a One-Size-Fits All (using the XL as the standard) starting next year.

So if the vendor is going to go with the one-size-fits-all, they should include a can of day-glo orange paint so that we can fill in the uncovered spots...

... I am more interested in the antenna balls. Can we pre-order? Or do we just sit and feel like kids getting close to December 25th? :D But on this one we have no date. :P

Ok, we just received word that the signal antenna balls should be in stock around the end of November.

Unfortunately, we're not set up to handle pre-orders. However, if you'd like to be notified when they are added to Shop Groundspeak, just send a note to contact-Groundspeak@sunriseid.com with 'Signal Antenna Ball' in the subject line and you'll be emailed when they arrive.

Happy Geocaching!

-Rothstafari

Signal is his name.

-Rothstafari

I could've sworn that Groundspeak's Director of Community Relations stated to the volunteer group that Signal was a "she." But perhaps I'm mistaken.

Rothstafari, I would encourage you to have more frequent interaction with Groundspeak's Director of Community Relations.

... I am more interested in the antenna balls. Can we pre-order? Or do we just sit and feel like kids getting close to December 25th? :P But on this one we have no date. :D

Ok, we just received word that the signal antenna balls should be in stock around the end of November.

Unfortunately, we're not set up to handle pre-orders. However, if you'd like to be notified when they are added to Shop Groundspeak, just send a note to contact-Groundspeak@sunriseid.com with 'Signal Antenna Ball' in the subject line and you'll be emailed when they arrive.

Happy Geocaching!

-Rothstafari

yea for us :P

Thanks Rothstafari

Rothstafari, I would encourage you to have more frequent interaction with Groundspeak's Director of Community Relations.

Indeed, Keystone, I should be so lucky. :P

Fly46, the cost of the Signal Antenna Balls should be approximately, if not exactly, $3 each.

-Rothstafari

Once I get one of those all I'm going to need is a hard hat, steel toe boots, heavy duty gloves and a nice clipboard. I hope someone's got the right size sticker to fit on the back of the clipboard though. I don't like it when my outfit doesn't match.

BTW It's fun to stay at the YMCA.

Edited by Blue Contrails

I actually found this topic by reading a derogatory comment somewhere about the "geeky stuff that Groundspeak just came out with."

Let me just say, I don't think it's geeky, and I'm glad I found this topic, because I've been wanting one of these.

I'd be proud to say that my suggestion was the inspiration for this item, but I'm not 100% sure about me being the first to suggest it, so I'll just keep my mouth shut.

Anyway, they're really cool. I do quite a bit of caching in areas where you're required to (or stupid if you dont) wear blaze orange on hunting seasons, and this is just perfect the perfect thing.

I'll probably be ordering two or three next chance I get, along with some other items I need to get...

I actually found this topic by reading a derogatory comment somewhere about the "geeky stuff that Groundspeak just came out with."

Let me just say, I don't think it's geeky, and I'm glad I found this topic, because I've been wanting one of these.

I'd be proud to say that my suggestion was the inspiration for this item, but I'm not 100% sure about me being the first to suggest it, so I'll just keep my mouth shut.

Anyway, they're really cool. I do quite a bit of caching in areas where you're required to (or stupid if you dont) wear blaze orange on hunting seasons, and this is just perfect the perfect thing.

I'll probably be ordering two or three next chance I get, along with some other items I need to get...

B) Are you gonna wear all three at once?

Anyway, they're really cool.  I do quite a bit of caching in areas where you're required to (or stupid if you dont)  wear blaze orange on hunting seasons, and this is just perfect the perfect thing.

B) Are you gonna wear all three at once?

No...

One thing I noticed is that the styling of the "youth vest" is a bit different than the styling of the adult vest.

I kind of like the styling of the youth vest better...

Are the kids ones actually smaller?

Would that technically count as "blaze orange" for the purposes of park regulations? Yesterday was the first day of Wearing o' the Orange in my state, and I was caught in the woods without the required 200 square inches of it.

It would be just like some of the park personnel I've met to go, "no, no, lady...that there's blaze red you're wearing. Doesn't count."

Would that technically count as "blaze orange" for the purposes of park regulations? Yesterday was the first day of Wearing o' the Orange in my state, and I was caught in the woods without the required 200 square inches of it.

It would be just like some of the park personnel I've met to go, "no, no, lady...that there's blaze red you're wearing. Doesn't count."

It really all depends on interpretation wether that is officially blaze orange or not.

I think this vest is perfect for areas where you think there might be some idiots with guns in the area, and you just want to be a bit more visible. Wether it actually is good enough for areas where there are specific laws reguarding the necessity of blaze orange apparel, I don't know. But wearing one of these out into the woods is better than nothing...

It really all depends on interpretation wether that is officially blaze orange or not.

I think this vest is perfect for areas where you think there might be some idiots with guns in the area, and you just want to be a bit more visible. Wether it actually is good enough for areas where there are specific laws reguarding the necessity of blaze orange apparel, I don't know. But wearing one of these out into the woods is better than nothing...

Yes that is considered blaze orange and meets the requirements of brightness and square inches of coverage for the state I live in.

It hasn't been mentioned as far as I can see but the gray looking strips are actually a reflective silver that shows up well at night by car headlights or flashlights.

I already own a couple of vests similar to these without the geocaching and cito symbols.

Where in heck am I gonna wear an orange vest? :D

How about a new white or grey t-shirt design for us folks that live in warm climates? Maybe a sleeveless or tank? Please?

Edit - added the adjective "new" to the t-shirt description.

More colour options on the shirts would be nifty as well. Blue and black coloured shirts just aren't an option in 100 degree F heat!

Edited by 9Key
Very cool, but what do you consider "L" and "XL" size-wise?  Some L have been tents on me, while others weren't nearly big enough!

According to the vest vendor, here are the size ranges for the adult vest:

I hope the info helps...

-Rothstafari

I am now the proud owner of the XL vest, and have successfully been "invisible in public" with it. All I need is a flashing yellow light for the top of the truck, and I can go anywhere, LOL!

The XL was just the ticket for my size. The little flashlight/compass on a rope, however... not real impressive. ;) The teeny compass sticks on rotation, but the light MIGHT help... somehow. eventually. Maybe. :anibad:

The XL was just the ticket for my size.  The little flashlight/compass on a rope, however... not real impressive.  :anibad:  The teeny compass sticks on rotation, but the light MIGHT help... somehow.  eventually.  Maybe.  ;)

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you like the vest. If you unhappy with the compass flashlight (or any other product from Shop Groundspeak), they will take them back and provide you with a refund.

I will definitely pass along the feedback on the light. If geocachers really don't love them, then there isn't much reason for us to reorder them.

Happy Geocaching!

Sincerely,

Rothstafari

Geeky?? Once I walked around not so much with a safety vest but with a safety helmet. And on it was my GPS. Nowadays GPSr 's are not as heavy as my good old GPS12 and there are nifty active antennas and re-rediators.

So I would like very much a Geocaching Cap not only with reflecting material for safety but also with a pocket for the antenna. Like this:

0074251c-bf25-4df8-8b75-51e905d1aacd.jpg

I am now the proud owner of the XL vest, and have successfully been "invisible in public" with it.  All I need is a flashing yellow light for the top of the truck, and I can go anywhere, LOL! 

Okay, I'm in. Even though the first thing anybody will think when they see me in this vest with a bag of garbage is "community service."

Question, though...do I get the biggest size to go over Winter clothing? Will that look absurdly big when it's not over Winter clothing? I'm nobody's idea of petite, but I'm not a 3XL kindofa gal, either.

Okay, I'm in. Even though the first thing anybody will think when they see me in this vest with a bag of garbage is "community service."

Question, though...do I get the biggest size to go over Winter clothing? Will that look absurdly big when it's not over Winter clothing? I'm nobody's idea of petite, but I'm not a 3XL kindofa gal, either.

I have a 44" chest and a 36" waist. It fits me with plenty of room for a heavy coat!