Links To Os Maps From Uk Pages

MarcB

Would it be possible to create a link in cache pages in the UK to Streetmap.co.uk so that users could quickly access the excellent OS maps? I can't see there would be a problem with licences or copyright and all it would require is a small piece of code on the cache page.

Here's an example of what it could link to- map

I and hundreds of other cachers would find this extremely useful, but what are the chances of getting this implemented?

MarcB

Pretty please and we promise to be your bestest friends in the whole wide world.....

We already are!! <_<:huh:

It certainly gets my vote as well. As good as they are tyhe maps used at the moment only give a general idea of the location, as they don't go into enough detail.

Thanks

YOUR BESTEST FRIENDS :P

Edited by Haggis Hunter

Yes please! The streetmap maps are far better than any of the sites currently linked to. And if you know that you can get the proper 1:50K series OS maps by clicking on the slightly larger house icon (ie don't use the + icon), then the real advantages become clear! <_<

I actually already do this for the reviewers, so I just need to copy and paste the code for the UK caches. I'll get this done for the next patch sometime this week.

Unfortunately the link hasn't worked for some time (ever since Streetmap changed their service). I guess the code needs re-doing.

Is this something to do with Streetmap changing thier paths every 24 hours? Links are available once in every 24 hour period.

If you look below any map they provide a static link which will always take you to the map (it researches your serch string every time you activate the link thus finding the current location for the map you need.

Linking to the URL for your map will only work for up to 24 hours!

The Hokesters...