Bummer, Rained Out.

Got up this morning and what do you know... it's raining!! :D

80% chance of rain all day, 50% chance tomorrow.

Had planned on taking daughter to the Luling Watermelon Thump a few towns away (One of those cheesy local festivals but wort it for the Watermelon!) and then get the caches in the area.

Looks like those plans are out the window! :(

So, what are YOUR plans for weekend? Y'all having better luck than I am??

Hope so!

Sorry to hear you got rained out.

I have 14 caches on my "to find" list today.

I have things mapped out, downloaded and printed.

Just waiting for my son and wife to wake up :(

It might rain here Sunday so I'm looking forward to doing this today.

I wonder how many cachers will post that the rain would not stop them :D

I would probly not cache in the rain with the family as I'm sure they would not enjoy it much.

Better luck next time.

Got up this morning and what do you know... it's raining!! :D

80% chance of rain all day, 50% chance tomorrow.

Had planned on taking daughter to the Luling Watermelon Thump a few towns away (One of those cheesy local festivals but wort it for the Watermelon!) and then get the caches in the area.

Looks like those plans are out the window! :(

So, what are YOUR plans for weekend? Y'all having better luck than I am??

Hope so!

Well, later today I have to go to a funeral. My friend's mom passed away.

Tonight, my team is going to do a night cache.

Tomorrow we will be caching in a town nearby.

Chances of rain all weekend but we're going anyway. I like caching when the weather is cloudy, the weather is much nicer and a lot cooler! I actually hate summer caching...but I go anyway. I need to move some place where there is winter/fall weather all the time!

Rain? What's rain? I vaguely remember something called rain....

It rarely rains here in the summer - it's just dang hot and sunny all the time. Early morning or night caching is our best bet. I may do some caching today, and we have a local get-together this evening, but Pilgrim is in the middle of his work week, so I don't do a whole lot of caching without him. Unless of course there's a new cache that I just can't resist! :(

... Had planned on taking daughter to the Luling Watermelon Thump a few towns away (One of those cheesy local festivals but wort it for the Watermelon!) and then get the caches in the area.

... guess you could find a sitter and go do the Watermelon Crawl instead!!

Indy weather looks OK for caching but the pig's schedule book is full.

LOL!

Well, if it were just me I wouldn't have minded the rain a bit (altho some might still agree with the wicked Witch comment. :() but daughter has had a bit of a head cold and after letting her play in the rain last night she woke up 'froggy' again this morning. Darn it!

So then, we cancelled our plans and it ended up hardly raining here at all (but the dark clouds have rolled back in)! <<sigh>> Well, there's always tomorrow!!! :mad:

Just have to make sure to pack extra DEET. :mad:

Hope y'all with caching plans this weekend had a blast and that your 'Finds' out numbered your 'No finds'. :D

And Imajika, sorry about your friends Mom... hope that everyone is dealing with it okay.

Hey Sunshine - we normally get the wet stuff here, but today was just about perfect.

It not quite 6:00 PM and a perfect 70 degrees. Just getting ready to BBQ and got to go out and snag three caches today with the family.

Can't imagine a better day than this! (Unless it's getting MORE caches........)

The thunderstorms have finally rolled out of the area leaving a beautiful rainbow and sunset, not to mention now only a 30% chance of rain for tomorrow. Woohoo!!

I can handle the drizzle so maybe the whole weekend isn't a loss after all! (Shouldn't say it was a loss anyway got some dreaded housework done. :( )

So tomorrow hopefully I'll be off to the Watermelon Thump and the 5-6 caches in the area.

Altho I think I like I like Torrys idea of a Watermelon Crawl better... now let's see if I go find the grain and plug that melon tonight... Yup, should be PERFECT by tomorrow afternoon. :D Now THAT could make for some mighty interesting caching!!

And Gizmo&Brain, quit bragging!! :mad: (yea, I'm jealous!! we grilled out tonight too..but under an umbrella! LOL!)

So, how did everyone else do today? Plans for tomorrow or a "day of rest"?

Shoot, maybe I should've explained that it wasn't just sprinkling that it was thunder, lightening, flash flood warnings, not to mention tornado's, hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, and volcanic erruptions.

Okay, Okay, I'm exagerrating but it sounded good. Guess I'm just a big wimp after all. :(

We probably would've gone out caching anyway first thing this morning when it was just drizzling if we hadn't planned on caching out of town... I guess that is more the reason we got "rained out". Plus, didn't want to get my little frog any more sick.

On the brightside I wouldn't have gotten to watch all the drama unfold today on the forums if it hadn't rained. :D

My non-caching husband informed me that we need to go shopping tomorrow but I will at least find a way to grab ONE cache, rain of shine, dedicated to y'all! Guess we'll find out if I'm sugar or the wicked witch one way or another.

(or maybe I'll go buy myself that new pair of hiking boots I've been wanting.. hmmmmm)

I've cached in the rain before. My method of transportation: Bycicle. You people take your cars for granted! :D Just imagine caching when you were a carless teen. :( . Lucky for me the only caches i bike to are in the neighborhood. Other than that my parents or other family usually come with.

~~Blue sky's. shinin on me....nothin but Blue sky's do I see~~~

Nice and sunny here. I relaced the plundered legs and cache on my multi, and found a cache that I'd been eyeballing. Going to check up on my night cache after the sun goes down. Should be a balmy night in Idaho.

I was just commenting last night (or was it this morning?) that we hardly get rain and that monsoon season hasn't started yet. This afternoon around 5 or 5:30 there was a tornado warning near my house! It was pouring down rain and windy as heck with lots of lightning. Too bad I was stuck inside a cleanroom and didn't get to see ny of it.

I'm sure my sock-puppet would consider it a light breeze with a bit of moisture and static-electricity, but it was cool anyway.

Good Morning y'all!!

Sky is still cloudy and chance of rain back up but am I going to let that stop me?? Heck no!! Well, I doubt it anyway... we'll have to see after my shower. :D

Seriously though, I'm getting a touch of 'cabin fever' just from yesterday and rain is in forecast all week. SIGH! Of course in another couple weeks when it 100+ degrees for a month with no rain in sight I guess I'll need someone to remind me that I was lamenting the rain. :D This is Central Texas for crying out loud, it's not supposed to rain this much. :o

Ah well, since I was planning on going to Academy anyway today I know there are two caches on the trails behind it, guess I'll go OD on Deet and head out. Think I'll just leave husband and lil one in the store while I go. YEa, that's the ticket...

Imajika, That night cache sounds totally awesome! Congrats on the find!

And Saxman, glad to see I'm not the only one that was stormed on. <_<

LOL! Well you got that right, save on watering lawn but have to mow it twice as much! And for some reason my HOA thinks that if you miss a week you need a reminder letter. And that's even if it has rained for 2 bloody weeks straight!! <_<:o

Ah well!! So, we made it down to the Watermelon Thump, it was as cheesy as I thought it was going to be but daughter seemed to enjoy it but would you believe I didn't see one slice of Watermelon?!?! We did partake in a Watermelon flavored Sno-cone tho. :D

Managed to get one cache (a virt) in before going to the Thump, while the weather was still decent but we'd only been there about 45 minutes before the sky opened up. We made a dash for the car (after we got some funnel cake of course :D ) and then I realized just how close we were to another cache.. Couldn't let a little thunder and lightening stop us from getting a cache that was only .16 away. No no no!!

Was able to find a parking spot within about 45 feet of the cache so it allowed me to leave my daughter in the car where I could still see her but she wouldn't get wet. Meanwhile I looked like a drowned rat but got the cache!!

Whew!! Rain still in the forcast for the rest of the week but I have a TB I need to get rid of so just might have to venture out again one day AFTER work. :P

what about y'all?

Uh.....rain is just water. Unless you're a wicked witch, water should be no real problem. <_<

I hate water, so I guess I live in the right place, "Greetings From Tucson" (title of a TV show that I only watched once, though I know exactly where they filmed it)

Isnt it interesting how a former state champion swimmer hates water...well that is exactly the reason, you try spending 6 hours a day swimming. The only water I like is a heavy...heavy downpour of nice freezing cold rain, but which is not accompanied by wind or electrical storms, I usually win my events and do my best times in said conditions

LOL! Well you got that right, save on watering lawn but have to mow it twice as much! And for some reason my HOA thinks that if you miss a week you need a reminder letter. And that's even if it has rained for 2 bloody weeks straight!! <_<:o

Ah well!! So, we made it down to the Watermelon Thump, it was as cheesy as I thought it was going to be but daughter seemed to enjoy it but would you believe I didn't see one slice of Watermelon?!?! We did partake in a Watermelon flavored Sno-cone tho. :D

Managed to get one cache (a virt) in before going to the Thump, while the weather was still decent but we'd only been there about 45 minutes before the sky opened up. We made a dash for the car (after we got some funnel cake of course :D ) and then I realized just how close we were to another cache.. Couldn't let a little thunder and lightening stop us from getting a cache that was only .16 away. No no no!!

Was able to find a parking spot within about 45 feet of the cache so it allowed me to leave my daughter in the car where I could still see her but she wouldn't get wet. Meanwhile I looked like a drowned rat but got the cache!!

Whew!! Rain still in the forcast for the rest of the week but I have a TB I need to get rid of so just might have to venture out again one day AFTER work. :D

what about y'all?

I was out doing cache maintenance yesterder after the tornado went through town :P