Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

The WA St. coins are in the mail. Hey, Robinego do you have Friday available to go fetch them with me? I will be bringing back coins for KK&K and for Barnabirdy(s). Anyone else have coins that need a ride home?

Friday it is. BUT... we both have commitments that night so we HAVE to leave the wet side NO LATER than 3:00 PM. I fully expect the others in the forum to rag on us unmercifully if we once again shirk our familial responsibilities for caching. One of these days, I am going to find a picture of me on a milk carton saying..."last seen going up a dirt road in Eastern Washington"... :D

It was our pleasure! L&R have coins everywhere in their apartment. It's amazing the amount of work that they have done and have left to do. We of course wasted no time caching along the way. Came in on 2 wheels so we could make it back to our previously arranged obligations. I'm seriously thinking we need a whole weekend just to do the Snoqualmie/North Bend/Issaquah area. The coins are gorgeous and I've been fondling them since we got home... :D

Robin, we have been lusting to get to Snoqualmie Pass to cache. Now it looks like it will wait until next summer. Lots of the hides are a long walk so we want to bike the trail, preferably in the downhill direction. :huh: L&R even offered to assist with the shuttle service. The year we fulfilled our motorcycle aspirations for the Wenatchee mountain caches. Snoqualmie next year!

K&A

Robin, we have been lusting to get to Snoqualmie Pass to cache. Now it looks like it will wait until next summer. Lots of the hides are a long walk so we want to bike the trail, preferably in the downhill direction. :( L&R even offered to assist with the shuttle service. The year we fulfilled our motorcycle aspirations for the Wenatchee mountain caches. Snoqualmie next year!

K&A

Well to sketch a trip agenda you could start with this event. There are several others around the starting location and Bloody fingers, dirty diapers has been added along the route.

Funny, MA. I just saw that and was thinking to write Barnabirdy back and reference them to your most excellent Riding the Iron Horse Event. Maybe next spring a group of CacheCadians will make the trip over for an Iron Horse II event if you host it? Just a thought. No pressure. :(:lol::lol:

It's always nice to plan for spring\summer with the gray winter days here now.

Like we offered to Barnabirdy, we could make ourselves available for the shuttle service.

Age (should) have its privileges? 
Age nothing! Look at you two, you can dance circles around most of us. I would invite you to go to a couple of caches with me but I wouldn't think of holding you back while I huff and puff up the hills. Are you coming over this weekend to get your coins?

Barnabirdy's:

Robin, we have been lusting to get to Snoqualmie Pass to cache

:lol: My name, lust and cache all in the same sentence. Sad, but it just doesn't get much better than that.

MA:

Well to sketch a trip agenda you could start with this event. There are several others around the starting location and Bloody fingers, dirty diapers has been added along the route.

Ooooo, I'm all over that if this is a go. I haven't done any of the caches on that trail. Birdy's, you let us know when you can shovel yourselves out up there in the spring and we'll join you.

Lucy:

Funny, MA. I just saw that and was thinking to write Barnabirdy back and reference them to your most excellent Riding the Iron Horse Event. Maybe next spring a group of CacheCadians will make the trip over for an Iron Horse II event if you host it? Just a thought. No pressure.

No pressure at all, see above note, when can we tell the Birdy's to dig out?

Birdy's:

If WE go uphill it will be on the Yamaha! Age (should) have its privileges

I'll strap on a pair of skates and you can tow me. Of course, being the wonderful friend she is, Patudles will be behind calling 911 to pick up my sorry carcass. :(

Birdy's:

If WE go uphill it will be on the Yamaha! Age (should) have its privileges

I'll strap on a pair of skates and you can tow me. Of course, being the wonderful friend she is, Patudles will be behind calling 911 to pick up my sorry carcass.

And I'm going to be laughing so hard I won't be able to call 911 :huh:

Lucy:

Patudles may be behind your sorry carcass but I'll have my nice GPSr to tell you where the caches are.    And with the pretty maps to boot!   

:huh: Yeah, but it will auto-route you 14 miles out of the way. I'm telling you, a simple arrow is the way to go...

Patudles:

And I'm going to be laughing so hard I won't be able to call 911 

Ok, maybe I'll throw myself on the mercy of Navigatorz to call 911, besides, he uses a Maggie/Laptop so I know he'll know where to send the authorities! :D

You girls are too funny!

So... what did I hear? Sounded like a dare to me and my Garmin 60C?

Well, why don't we test it next spring at Riding the Iron Horse II? We can have a FULL OUT accuracy field test and see who's unit performs the best.

My Garmin accepts the dare and sends a double-dog dare right back to your Maggie :P:D

Now all we have to do is bombard Marcus with mail demanding that he host another Iron Horse event.

Well obviously this is a go. How far are we talking about walking/biking? I think a nice catered picnic complete with vino, foie gras or pate, bread and cheeses ought to round out the afternoon. Caching while inebriated, would that ratchet the difficulty up or down? <_<

For Bloody Fingers, Dirty Diapers (which I keep calling Dirty Fingers for reasons which become obvious) it will definitely ratchet up the difficulty a couple of stars.

Well obviously this is a go. How far are we talking about walking/biking? I think a nice catered picnic complete with vino, foie gras or pate, bread and cheeses ought to round out the afternoon. Caching while inebriated, would that ratchet the difficulty up or down? <_<

I love your style, I am definately in. Peace, Nolenator

Nope, no horse either...dadgum...    <_<

Not being a rider, I wonder what a horse would do when coming up to the tunnel. Would it go in or balk? Any of you riders out there that can answer this?

It depends on the animal and how well it has been trained to trust the rider. Horses are spooked by what they can't see and associate sounds to danger when they can't see the source. Think of the horse as a giant deer... just domesticated.

Generally speaking, when my Mom takes her horse into an unknown area that's spooking it a lot, she'll get off and lead the animal through it softly talking to the horse to keep the horse's attention on her. However, it takes a lot to spook her horses because they are trained to trust her judgement implicitly.

Edited by TotemLake
:yikes:<_< Looks like the Chumstick Mtn Cache is gonna be a fun one. Hope I can get there before 1. It fills up with snow or 2. before the mudhole swallows up a rig. I can't wait to try it........... :D

Better get there soon, the weather sites are showing snow or rain later in the week. This weekend would have been perfect for the view....lots of sunshine and blue skies.

Welcome back Robinego.

Much grass my friend. Been going crazy lounging around the house. My mind was just spinning thinking of all the caches that had been dropped that I couldn't go get, only to find that one HAD been dropped just above my house, only I can't go get it because of the 4X4 required and there's no way, not even for an FTF will I do that so soon after surgery. ;) grrr... Only spending a few hours out as it is and I'm beat when I get home. I'm sitting on the cusp of 400 and I wanted a special lookout, like Navigatorz new Chelan Butte, but understand the road up may be too steep and bumpy? Navigatorz, do you think I should attempt it?

I have had time to think of a new cache to be put out soon...

The road to Chelan Butte was the best dirt road I've driven on to a lookout, by far. No ruts, no mud, a really nice dirt road. There may have been a few washboards, but not bad. Nothing at all like the Chumstick lookout Road....much better. I'd say it's very doable, but you might get a second opinion from Patudles since she drove up to find the cache.

but you might get a second opinion from Patudles since she drove up to find the cache.

Excellent road. No worse than where you went to get your Christmas tree Robinego. I think you are up to this one now if you don't take on anything else with it. You can handle the walk to the cache okay too. Go for it. View is worth a milestone cache.