Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

Assuming you got 20 mpg, then you consumed 435 gallons of gas, and at $2.00 per gallon, that's $870 in gas.

You probably didn't want to know that. 

Ok, I'm definately not telling you how many miles I'm driving. That would very incriminating evidence against me. :huh: The Tahoe sucks gas like my Magellan eats batteries, 'specially when I put it into 4x4.

Hmmm, I wonder if I can take the Miata 4 wheelin'... :lol:

You mean like this: 4-Wheelin' Miata

Or you can do this to it: 4x4 Miata

OMG the 2nd one is the funniest. :huh: I've got to show my husband. He's been talking about trading it in for a jeep (guess I've piqued his interest in 4 wheelin') but apparently now is not the ideal time to ask for good money on a convertible...go figure. When we first moved here, it seemed there was a Subaru Outback in every driveway. Now I see more jeeps than anything else. Of note: I saw the H2 at Leonard Evans...Talk about gas mileage! :lol:

Does anyone have a Travel Bug whose goal is eastern US somewhere?

If so, I am heading to Missouri and Arkansas this Thursday (September 30), and on my return trip I will be in Illinois and Wisconsin. I plan to geocache in each of those 4 States. If it helps the TB reach its goal and you would like me to drop them off, let me know and we can coordinate a rendezvous like at Wenatchee's Premier Hotel by Ish-n-Isha.

After hiking the Pacific Crest Trail to the Harts Pass cache  :rolleyes: and talking with the guy that had hiked from Mexico.  My wife and I started thinking about how many other geocaches he had hiked by??? anybody got a guess??

Using gc.coms map, I started counting from the Canadian Border and stopped counting when I reached Hiway 410 (Chinook Pass). I counted 26 caches. Assuming another dozen in the state of WA, brings the estimated total to 38. Assuming the same number in Oregon, and double that in California, my guess is there are 152 caches along the PCT from border to border.

Am I close? Do I win the prize?

Edited by The Navigatorz
:rolleyes: 152 caches along the Pacific Crest Trail sounds good to me! I have also got a prize. I have a travel bug that we released in late April that hasn't moved yet. So I could give you a couple good clues to find it !!! Plus it is probably one of a few caches that is near the columbia river that you haven't found yet. What do ya think ??? :rolleyes:

Sorry about that, I guess I've just seen you in all of the log books. I did find dee generator. Looked long and hard for Gold II this afternoon, but couldn't come up with it. I even worked out the hint after going back to the car. I looked under in and around an old log that was up on the bank and came up empty. My GPS was closest to zero ar the old fire pit next to the old tree with the pieces of fence rail (?) attached to it. Thanks anyway for getting me somewhere I'd never been before. That is almost as cool as finding a cache.

Sorry about that, I guess I've just seen you in all of the log books

Yup, my name is in all the log books here about and a few other places too.

Looked long and hard for Gold II this afternoon, but couldn't come up with it. 

You gotta beware some of those Navigatorz caches. He is a crafty character. He likes to make you work for some of his caches such as that one. It is a hard one for new people. Once you have been caching awhile you'll start looking in all sorts of places you never would have before. If you are really stumped on a cache the cache owner is usually kind enough to give hints if you email them and ask. :D

Patudles, I believe Gold II is your cache.

Ooooops! this is bad. Can't even remember my own caches. I guess I have been dwelling on my upcoming B-day and letting senility set in early. Ahh yes, my cache, well the same rule still applies sometimes the cache owner will give hints (that is if she can remember where she hid it.) :D

Sorry Navigatorz, but, I like it better when I can accuse you of something!

Me? There once was a time early in my geocaching days when I hid nice caches, caches that had purpose, caches that made you feel good. :D I had a place reserved in geocachers heaven, where I would forever hunt regular size caches by beautiful lakes or with scenic mountain views. :D Then I started looking for some of Patudles evil caches. Caches that made you cuss and swear. :D I got pulled into the dark side. I had to retaliate. Well, I'll just show her. So I started hiding evil caches too. B) Caches that made you cuss and swear. I was destined to spend eternity looking for micros in a haunted forest. But then I saw the light. :D So I repented and started removing those evil caches (Lincoln Park) and hiding good caches again (Nahahum). And geocachers from around the world rejoiced, and saw that it was good. ;)

ahmmmmm, Me?, Evil?, :huh: nah, I prefer the word clever. ;) I always did think I had a split personality though. :ph34r: Maybe I wasn't far off base after-all. Now I will always appreciate a cleverly hidden cache whether micro or not. :) I just think there is a place for micros and that is where you can't really hide something larger. I have one micro that I regret placing and keep thinking I need to go change it to something larger or else take it out.

Checking back on some dates I did find some interesting facts. I didn't do a thorough check so I don't know who hid the first micro in the area but I did find one at Desert Canyon Golf course in 2002, then one along the river walking trail in East Wenatchee, in Oct, 2002. Then another popped up near the swim and tennis club on 1/1/03. (I wonder who that belonged to? :) ) I didn't enter the game of micros till a few days later in January of 2003. I guess I made up for it in quantity though. Hmmmm, maybe it is time to take some of them out. Not to much activity around here.

Edit: Oooops

Edited by Patudles

Two days in Wenatchee with the motorcycle yielded seven caches, some of which we have wanted to get to, or tried to get to, for a long time. We were able to ride to within .10 miles of Elk View on a beautiful day. :D It wasn't even windy up there. Jack O Tree seemes to be gone but we also found Sky High and the two newer hides on the loop north of Cashmere. Left a Jeep up there to see who makes a move on it :blink: Blue on Blue and Confluence finished off the trip. Sorry no one was available to join us at the Wok around Grill. :lol:

Edited by Barnabirdy
:mad: I noticed on the way up to the HARTS PASS and DEW LINE caches that there was a building or fire lookout on the top of a peak. I noticed it heading from Mazama on the pavement road way up on the right hand side. Was wondering if it was another lookout or what and if it had a cache by it ?????? :mad:
;) I noticed on the way up to the HARTS PASS and DEW LINE caches that there was a building or fire lookout on the top of a peak. I noticed it heading from Mazama on the pavement road way up on the right hand side. Was wondering if it was another lookout or what and if it had a cache by it ?????? :P

You were probably seeing Goat Peak. Yes, that is a fire lookout, it is manned in the fire season, the lookout has just come down. His name is Lightnin' Bill and there is a cache up there by that name. It should be accessable for another month or so. Barnabirdy(s)

Anyway, most of you noticed I dropped a coin there right?
Drooling, yes I noticed. But it is a bit far for me on a week day. I'm sure it will be long gone before I can sneak over that way!

Contratulations #400 another milestone for Ambrosia, Yeah!

Edit:oooops

Edited by Patudles

Belated congrats, Patudles, don't let winter slow you down.

The Barnabirdy(s) are ashamed to admit we let a Moun10bike coin slip away :blink: . I didn't check the forum often enough and by the time we knew of it we were off to Osoyoos and Kettle Falls. We didn't hold out much hope it would wait for us but were ready to drop everything and go up today. Alas, we snooze, we lose. K&A

Ah, but Ray did earn the M10B coin. Who would have known that it would be around 70 degrees one weekend and the next it would be snowing. I guess this is the Pacific Northwest. Peace, Nolenator

The Barnabirdy(s) would have known the weather can change... We and Dimibirdy (daughter) were FTF on Maple Pass a year ago, also in the snow. We have a couple of photos posted.

We are planning a really fun event for springtime for youall to come over and participate in. So we hope you can make it. Don't want to spill the beans to soon but plan on some fun and excitement. :lol:

Edit: I wish someone would come over here and climb the Mt. to the Colechuck Cache. It has been sitting there awhile with no takers. Beautiful hike but will soon be to late to get to this year.

Edited by Patudles
I wish someone would come over here and climb the Mt. to the Colechuck Cache. It has been sitting there awhile with no takers. Beautiful hike but will soon be to late to get to this year.

I'm willing to give it a go, the legs/feet are almost ready to tackle another punishing. Any takers that are willing to go a little slow for blister woman? I've wanted to do it since it came out, but I wont do it alone and geo-ignorant spouse will only go if I skinny dip...he's out of luck!

I wish someone would come over here and climb the Mt. to the Colechuck Cache. It has been sitting there awhile with no takers. Beautiful hike but will soon be to late to get to this year.

I'm willing to give it a go, the legs/feet are almost ready to tackle another punishing. Any takers that are willing to go a little slow for blister woman? I've wanted to do it since it came out, but I wont do it alone and geo-ignorant spouse will only go if I skinny dip...he's out of luck!

I did a search for the name, but came up empty. Hmmm... I guess I need to know the secret handshake. Peace, Nolenator

Ok, I have Tuesday the 19th off so I could do Colchuck Lake if someone wants to join me. Bear in mind I will not run up to the top and I may talk your ear off and you will probably hear all about me, my family and be analyzed the whole way so you might want to run up and away, but I'm safe and as "mom-like" as you can get. And no, I still will not skinny dip! :anibad:

What's going on? Two new caches in the area and I haven't gone for them. One just a wee walk from my back door. Maybe I am getting older or..... could I be waiting for my new B-day present to arrive? Now friends, what could it be? It is kinda like jumping from a old black & white tv to a new color one. Lucy could tell you all about that she recommends the color!

So Navigatorz, whatz up with you? I know you've been out of town but you really need to go get those caches. Three I think you are missing locally. We can't keep letting Robinego get all the FTF's can we? :blink:

Edited by Patudles

Been out of town a lot this month. A week and a half back east the first of the month (where I found caches in 5 states). Then I was back home for a few days (during which I was FTF (and grabbed a Yellow Jeep) on a fun 4WD type cache NWJeepn4 Happy Happy Joy Joy and also found Boundary Butte On Top cache. Then I was off to Brazil for a week. I'm still recuperating from jet lag and getting caught up on things at work and home. I'll most likely go after the new locals this weekend, although seriously, I'm not much interested in urban caches anymore. I really enjoy driving up in the mountains. More chances in the mountains of seeing deer, elk, grouse, mountain scenes, waterfalls, rock formations, fall colors, and the list goes on, than on Wenatchee avenue. I'm not trying to diss local caches, especially micros. There are really good ones out there, fun and challenging. But I'm not into going after each and every cache I can anymore. Nowdays, if I have a choice of which cache to spend my time on, I'll choose the rural or mountain locations over city sidewalk caches. So Patudles, what's your reason, O Master of FTFs. :blink: