Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

I disabled the cache and posted asking the cache owner to provide access that does not involve trespassing.  This led to a series of abusive emails to be from the sole finder on that cache.  :)  That user also started spamming one of my cache hides.  However, I think I have smoothed things out with him; we'll see.  He says that there is definitely a route to the cache that does not involve trespassing (I wish he had found a way to say that nicely to me!).  In any case, please keep me in the loop on the situation with this cache.  I'll try to keep an eye on it.

After I received several harrassing emails from Ghosthunters, followed by a threat of physical violence from NWGeocache - all for disabling a cache that appeared to be on private property - both accounts have been banned from Geocaching.com. If you encounter any problems stemming from this incident, please let me and Groundspeak know as soon as possible. Sorry for the problems. :)

In response to the cache owners note that all you had to do was go through the gravel pit to the back and access it that way, the gravel pit has 4 No Trespassing signs clearly posted to keep you from entering it. So we thought we would go around to the side. One side is fenced with no trespassing signs and the other side also had a no trespassing sign. It is clearly well posted.

Thank you Moun10bike for taking care of this issue for us.

What she said. I had a couple of emails back and forth with both of these guys, and after the initial nasty message, they were pretty reasonable, but you can't win em all I guess. And I think I may replace some of my ammo cans w/ dollar store containers for awhile as I fully expect to have my caches messed with. The finder of the badger cache feels I'm responsible for the whole problem with that cache.

On the up side there are a couple of other new cachers in the area that are hiding and finding caches.

Welcome to the game Mr & Mrs Gadget2 and Team Mench!

It's really pretty easy to solve, once you see the formula:

GChebyshev.gif

;)

ROFLMAO! :tired::tired:;)

Ok, ok, ok...smart a** :tired: , but you left yourself wide open you know :tired: . I did figure it out last night and will be bagging it today when I can finish reconciling this months bills. Believe me, I'd rather look at that gibberish than at my AmEx statement! :tired:

BTW, I'm calling the dam (Kirby) for a hard hat tour pretty soon. Won it in an auction and am really looking forward to seeing this engineering/architectual marvel you work at. I'll let you know when I have it set up.

-R-

BTW, I'm calling the dam (Kirby) for a hard hat tour pretty soon. Won it in an auction and am really looking forward to seeing this engineering/architectual marvel you work at. I'll let you know when I have it set up.

I know Kirby. Nice guy. In fact he's a dam nice guy. We work in the same dam office. He'll give you a good tour of that dam place. :D

BTW, I'm calling the dam (Kirby) for a hard hat tour pretty soon.  Won it in an auction and am really looking forward to seeing this engineering/architectual marvel you work at. I'll let you know when I have it set up.

I know Kirby. Nice guy. In fact he's a dam nice guy. We work in the same dam office. He'll give you a good tour of that dam place. :D

Got to see one of the turbines inside the dam. That was an awesome experience. We stood by the inside of the dam wall, and could see the streams of water coming down inside. I know that we were perfectly safe, but it was freaky.

Oh so that's why I can't do these, I'm OVER thinking it...I only need HALF a brain!  :D 

(now you knew you left yourself wide open for that one) :D

Yes, you only need half a brain to solve the puzzle. Those with less than a half a brain will have difficulty.

Touche. :lol:

You kind of set yourself up for that reply :huh:

Edited by The Navigatorz
I did figure it out last night and will be bagging it today

???

Hmmm.... who knew sleep would be more important than caching...I certainly didn't. This weekend for sure, I have been denied too long. Going to play "involved spouse" in Leavenworth (the Trolley is starting) and *perhaps* ;) drop my March cache. I want to get back up to Uncle Ed's too, take a lunch and enjoy the view. Hopefully, I'll get to the newest caches on Monday.

Thank you all. Working full time nights has put a MAJOR :lol: crimp in my caching time, so I'm not sure when my next milestone will come around. My Maggie has served me well, even though the letters/symbols have long since worn off the buttons. God forbid Patudles tries to use her, who knows where she would have us end up? :lol:

-R-

Hey Toodles....toldja...you owe me! :lol::lol:

Thank you all. Working full time nights has put a MAJOR :lol: crimp in my caching time, so I'm not sure when my next milestone will come around. My Maggie has served me well, even though the letters/symbols have long since worn off the buttons. God forbid Patudles tries to use her, who knows where she would have us end up? :lol:

-R-

Hey Toodles....toldja...you owe me! :huh::lol:

Where's your sense of adventure? :lol: Just cause mine invents roads to go on or takes us in circles you don't have to get so hostile. :lol: Besides we have pretty colors don't we Lucy?

I think RRW is VP. Patudles in Member at Large. But that's still good news. Congrats Patudles.

In an e-mail from the WSGA Yahoo Forum, RWW said:

Paul West  to rightwingwacko  9:50am (3½ hours ago)

As you may have heard, Steven Nolen (Nolenator) as decided to step down as the President of the Washington State Geocaching Association.  We are sad to see him go, but we must respect his wishes.

After a discussion with the board it was decided to take the following actions to get the BOD back up to full strength so we can get on with the business of the association.

1. We have reluctantly accepted Steven’s resignation.  We wish him the best in his future endeavors.

2. As the current Vice President of the association, Paul West (Right Wing Wacko) will assume the duties of President.

3. Tisha Barber (Patudles) of Wenatchee has been persuaded to move from “Member at Large” into the office of Vice President. 

4. Laurie Freeman (Half Canadian) will join the board as a “Member at Large” representing the new “48 North” chapter in Skagit / Whatcom counties.  Scooter the Wonderdog while not an official board member will most likely hang around as her trusted advisor. J

-        Paul West

-        President – WSGA; on behalf of the entire Board

Hey Nav! As official statistician

Official Statistician?? I didn't even know I was elected. Is that an official position on WSGA?? :)

Well in answer to your question, I guess it depends on what you mean by recent, and how far from home (Wenatchee).

But for example, I will assume recent to be since March 1, and I'll choose 35 miles from home (which is a nice evening drive). There would then be 15 new caches since the first of the month, as far away as your Ryegrass cache on I-90.

List:

Lunchtime by Robinego (GCN1B2) in Wenatchee

Riverwalk Hide by ccmin (GCN2B0) in Wenatchee

Barney's Homestead III by ccmin (GCN2AZ) in East Wenatchee

Misawa by ccmin (GCN2AY) in East Wenatchee

No Trespassing by xy,xx,xy,xy,xy,xy (GCMZD4) Wenatchee Heights

Apple Remnants by ccmin (GCN2AW) Stemilt

River Point Tree by Stonecarver (GCN11X) 6 miles SE of Wenatchee

Bonnie and Clyde ?? by Stonecarver (GCN126) 16 miles SE of Wenatchee

Palisade Peak by Goldfinder (GCN1C0) 18 miles E of Wenatchee

Steliko Point Lookout by The Navigatorz (GCN0B9) 22 miles N of Wenatchee

Lower Potholes Coulee by 4US2XPLOR (GCN0Z9) 25 miles SE of Wenatchee

The Duck Pond by Gr8tmagellan (GCN1Y7) 29 miles SE of Wenatchee

In Plain Sight by eclecticlibrarian (GCN3W0) Ellensburg

Ryegrass Westbound by xy,xx,xy,xy,xy,xy (GCN29M) 34 miles S of Wenatchee

Wanapum Lake by Gr8tmagellan (GCN1Y0) 34 miles SE of Wenatchee

How'd I do?

Edited by The Navigatorz

Going out of town this Monday, to Texas. Going to go find me a Texas cache. You know how they say everything's big in Texas? I'll probably find a cache as big as a tractor.

Which reminds me of a joke:

There once was a blind man who decided to visit Texas. When he arrived on the plane, he felt the seats and said, "Wow, these seats are big!" The person next to him answered, "Everything is big in Texas."

When he finally arrived in Texas, he decided to visit a restaurant. Upon arriving...., he ordered a drink and got a mug placed between his hands. He exclaimed, "Wow these mugs are big!" The bartender replied, "Everything is big in Texas."

After a couple of drinks, the blind man asked the bartender where the bathroom was located. The bartender replied, "Second door to the right." The blind man headed for the bathroom, but accidentally tripped over and skipped the second door. Instead, he entered the third door, which lead to the swimming pool and fell into the pool by accident.

Scared to death, the blind man started shouting, "Don't flush, don't flush!"