Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

Tonight the flow is 324 :P . I did Itty Bitty Island cache yesterday and I am amazed at low the Columbia is. Where is all the water that is going to generate electricity to heat my house this winter :) ??

I went up to the river this evening before dark and it dawned on my at that time that I dont even know how to get to the river at the spot that Pinball is. I tried the Saunders road side of the river and that must not be it. I was going to check the Dryden side but it was dark after I did a couple of caches in Dertown. Oh well.

I see Jacknapps new one was approved, too bad I have to work tomorrow. Hmmm..what did I read earlier? XY has Friday off? Coincidence? Hmmm....Buddies.

I went out with Mr. Gadget #2 This morning, but there wasn't time before his Dr. Appt to make a 1 1/2 mile hike. I have too many home projects to do now and can't justify the time. Gadget probably already has it in hand by now.

I see Jacknapps new one was approved, too bad I have to work tomorrow.  Hmmm..what did I read earlier?  XY has Friday off?  Coincidence?  Hmmm....Buddies.

I went out with Mr. Gadget #2 This morning, but there wasn't time before his Dr. Appt to make a 1 1/2 mile hike. I have too many home projects to do now and can't justify the time. Gadget probably already has it in hand by now.

Yes I did get FTF also. Had a good report from the Dr. on my arm injury. I could not resist going out and nabbing a few caches to set myself up for a milestone cache with the Navagatorz on Sat.

It is a lot further to the cache than the way a crow flies from the parking area. It is a good hike and well worth the hike.Some intersting sandstone gully washes in the area.

Congratulations "g-people for your first centry mark. I am willing to bet you will have your next 100 before snow flies.

As for all of you other cache-cadians, I have had a lot of e-mail caontact with them and they would like to meet with the rest of us at some local event. They have a very interesting story to tell on placing thier first hide in Wenatchee.

GOOD WOORK g-people!!!

Edited by Mr. Gadget #2
Congrats to the G- People. Also Jackknap blew by 200 a coupe of weeks ago. This guy is on fore. He took Thursday and found 21 caches and DNF1. Pace yourself, buddy.

Simmer down XY, let em go, or is he getting breathing down your back. :ph34r:

Congrats to both G-people and Jackknap on your milestones. Hope we get to meet you all at out Oct. event.

I missed Pinball last week and today it is 304 :blink: . I have a meeting at the airport Tuesday at 1130 and at 2pm I should be standing on the beach. I am gonna do it this week while it is still low and no chance of rain.

Wednesday I am going to do a Stevens Pass run starting with Druid Training and ending at Deception Falls with stops along Hiway 2. Hopefully time will allow for Wellington and the old Hiway hides.

Have a good week.

J

OK People (this means you Toodles, Nav, and Gadget) Repeat after me..."You can't claim FTF unless you find a cache AFTER it is posted." :lol::laughing: (Unless it is your birthday or something.) Nav already has enough of an FTF advantage over the rest of us because his phone rings each time a cache is approved.

Just ignore them, and claim ftf anyway. It's what we all do. :laughing:

Mr. Gadget and I were discussing whether or not we should claim FTF or not and decided the way gas prices are going, it made sense to claim the find then, rather than drive back up after the cache was posted. We also thought if anyone was going to squawk about it, it would be XY. There are no official rules regarding FTF, and there are no official stats for FTF either. If you read my log on Gadget's hide, I say nothing about FTF. I will remove it from my homepage list though, so it won't be a sore point with you.

Mr. Gadget and I were discussing whether or not we should claim FTF or not and decided the way gas prices are going, it made sense to claim the find then, rather than drive back up after the cache was posted. We also thought if anyone was going to squawk about it, it would be XY. There are no official rules regarding FTF, and there are no official stats for FTF either. If you read my log on Gadget's hide, I say nothing about FTF. I will remove it from my homepage list though, so it won't be a sore point with you.

There is absolutely no point in going back up to a far a way place that you've already been just so that you can log the cache later. That is just twisting yourself around and just plain silly. :lol::laughing:

Nav already has enough of an FTF advantage over the rest of us because his phone rings each time a cache is approved.

Clarification: My phone doesn't ring every time a cache is approved. I have to go online just like everyone else. The advantage I have is my computer with internet access fits in my pocket, a Pocket PC phone from Verizon. So with mobile web I can access gc.com's instant cache notification e-mail from almost anywhere.

The trouble with these danged computers is that they can't convey a sarcastic tone of voice or show a person talking with tongue in cheek. I'm just ticked at myself that I didn't have the good sense to put my name in the logbook for dadgum!!!when I was along for the hide. I'm not against logging a find. Just make it clear that firsties is still out there. I agree with the whole gas rationale too.

edit: Rants are much more convincing when you spell correctly

Edited by xy,xx,xy,xy,xy,xy

Simmer down guys. :laughing: It is just an adventure. Geo-caching.com is just a way of publishing a geocache. It is not the rules. Anyone can hide a cache and publish it via giving the coords out by phone, mail, in person and or geocaching.com. How ever the coords are given out and who finds it first is not the importance of the cache. If I want to hide a cache and call a fellow Cache-cadian with the coords and then publish it on Groundspeak it is okay. I am the cache owner and am playing the games under my terms. Groundspeak is just one way of letting people know where the cache is.

If you are competitive and like to be FTF. That is okay too. Some people like the competiveness. Just think of why you want to be FTF though. Is it the challenge? If so you can still be FTF after it was published. Or is it the attention you want. The gratification of everyone seeing how many FTF you have. If that is it, don't worry, the rest of us aren't really interested in that. That is for your own gratification. :lol:

Dang, I feel like I was just scolded by the VP, and I didn't even bring this subject up. I even said I didn't claim FTF in my log, and would remove it from the list on my homepage. I even said there are no rules in FTF. So why is this an issue? This is one reason I avoid events. Just let me go geocaching and you guys can get together and argue all you want.

Dang, I feel like I was just scolded by the VP, and I didn't even bring this subject up. I even said I didn't claim FTF in my log, and would remove it from the list on my homepage. I even said there are no rules in FTF. So why is this an issue? This is one reason I avoid events. Just let me go geocaching and you guys can get together and argue all you want.

We never argue at events. :laughing:

Geo-caching.com is just a way of publishing a geocache. It is not the rules. Anyone can hide a cache and publish it via giving the coords out by phone, mail, in person and or geocaching.com. How ever the coords are given out and who finds it first is not the importance of the cache. If I want to hide a cache and call a fellow Cache-cadian with the coords and then publish it on Groundspeak it is okay. I am the cache owner and am playing the games under my terms. Groundspeak is just one way of letting people know where the cache is.

Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings. I was not scolding. :blink: I usually speak before I think. But what I was pointing out is that is doesn't matter how you got the coords to be FTF. They don't have to be published. :laughing: Hmm, just got an idea for a cache. :unsure:

Oh, come on and come to the events, just bring your boxing gloves :laughing:

If you have the time this weekend make a trip to Tumwater and look at the dam. I have lived in the valley for 25 years and have made many trips thru Tumwater canyon and have never seen the water this low. You can see the diverters on the spillway. I did 11 on Hiway 2 today and most of them were history lessons. And a bonus..the colors are wonderful. Enjoy a fall drive and go over Stevens pass.

J

Edited by Blue J Wenatchee