Cache-cadians

The Navigatorz

I will have to check on a few things, but I am interested.  I also don't have any trecking poles, or a good stick.

If the components arrive in time, I'll have an extra 'pokey' stick that can be used as a pole...should be ok for something like this as well...

Ok I have finished checking. I can go. When, where?

You know me and sitting around waiting in the morning, and considering it takes a couple hours to get there, earlier would be better...If everyone can get here to Monroe, I was going to suggest 7:30, leaving no later than 8:00.

I offer my place as parking/meeting/pooling place (better than parking in some lot somewhere in my mind). Whether I drive or ride is going to be based on number of people going and number of cars needed.

your GPS huh!

Note to self, resist temptation to push him into the river.  :mad:

Not really worth it. He uses a Maggie! :ph34r:

I almost bought a Garmin, but then I decided I wanted a real GPS, so I bought a Magellan. :D

PS. You started it, Patudles

You know, as someone who has gone over to the "dark side" (not by choice thanks to the Geo-ignorant spouse) I use BOTH Maggie and Garmin. Heck, I'm still trying to figure the Garmin out! Maggie has gotten me there everytime.... :D

your GPS huh!

Note to self, resist temptation to push him into the river.  :D

Not really worth it. He uses a Maggie! :D

At least our Maggies and our computers are on regular speaking terms unlike a certain Garmin user I know. WHat's more, Our Maggies float or so says the literature. I haven't been able to bring myself to test the theory.

I know of a cacher in the mid-west who learned that his maggie does indeed float. He watched it float on down the river out-of-sight. :D

At least our Maggies and our computers are on regular speaking terms unlike a certain Garmin user I know. WHat's more, Our Maggies float or so says the literature. I haven't been able to bring myself to test the theory.

Well, you know how it is some are just slow starters. That particular Garmin now comunicates well with it's computer. The problem is sometimes it is hard to get them to shut up! That's why I call mine Gabby. Now as for the floating Maggies - Maybe we will see how they float Saturday. :blink:

fb330004-ee71-4ae4-b5cc-051eb102c989.jpg

:blink::o

Anyone current or former life guards going to be on hand just in case?

I've got some rope you could borrow to tie around your neck. That way when you slip and get swept away it would be easier to recover your body.

:o:D:D:D:D

Man I would love to come watch. If for nothing else, just to see how stupid I looked doing it.

B)B)B)

Please note my sig line; I've had to remind my self of it several times but usually it's after the deed is done.

Ok we're down to the final evening of planning. Due to rain forecast for tomorrow afternoon, we'd like to do this hunt in the morning (Saturday). XY and I are meeting at 10:30 AM, that should give any west siders enough time to get here. The meeting place is the Park & Ride located at the intersection of Highways 2 and 97. After Pinball, we may try to get another river cache, called Rock n Roll Island GCJVQD. I'm going up there this evening to check the location and see if there is access and parking.

I'm certified in First Aid and CPR/AED also...but I don't think we'll need any of our skills...if Landrover can do it, so can we... ;)

So wetsiders...sound off...who's going and not. The Alpha Personality in me is needing to know if we're going over there or not. :D

I will be at your house, it I can remember where it is, at 7 to 730 depending on traffic.

Could you pm me with the coords?

Ok we're down to the final evening of planning. Due to rain forecast for tomorrow afternoon, we'd like to do this hunt in the morning (Saturday). XY and I are meeting at 10:30 AM, that should give any west siders enough time to get here. The meeting place is the Park & Ride located at the intersection of Highways 2 and 97. After Pinball, we may try to get another river cache, called Rock n Roll Island GCJVQD. I'm going up there this evening to check the location and see if there is access and parking.

Looks like we are leaving Monroe about 7:45am. We should be to the P&R by 9:45 at least...unless we stop at every cache on the way...and maybe even then. ;)

We'll have at least 1 ot two radios on channel 2 and see you there.

Well, if nothing else, there are caches on the way we can get between here and there.

My cell phone is 425.879.0929...although it doesn't always work on that side of the mountains on US2.

If you decide NOT to go, I'll PM you my home phone number and if you can tell me before 7:30, we'll call it off.

Nav., don't you ever sleep? Or are you all hiped up about getting your butt wet in 45 deg. water. The next thing we will see you doing is taking the New Years Polar Dip in Lake Wenatchee.

I am going to try to tie in with you this morning also. -G-

I slept pretty good, until 4:00 AM when I woke from a nightmare. I dreamed I was holding my breath in swift water, bouncing over rocks. :laughing: Just kidding. Hey Mr. Gadget, I expect to see you there this morning with your waders on. :D

It looks like a cooling trend is coming.  Thats good, meaning possibly lower flows by Saturday, although they are predicting rain on Saturday (30%).  See Wenatchee Weather Forecast.

Hey Ambrosia, what's it like to own a much talked about geocache?  :D

My husband's getting a kick out of everyone's discussion. :D

Hey, if you guys don't get it, my husband can take you down on the raft in the spring. He's gonna plan another caching/rafting trip. Hopefully this next year will be a better one for rafting, and we can plan the trip well ahead of time. Even if you guys get pinball this year, if you go on the rafting trip, you could get two other caches, "Don't Cache and Drive", and "Dig In".

'bro - You back in town?

Hey I'd love to go rafting with All41 in the Spring.

Rec

I just can't leave this place...even when I'm on vacation. :D

The flow at Peshastin was 334 at 5pm.. :) ...and I have the day off tomorrow.... :) ..and I just might have to try some PINBALL. :) I was once a sane mild mannered government pawn and now I think I can walk on water :lol: . If you here of a great white floating in the Wenatchee tomorrow throw me a lifeline..

If you have Friday off, I may be able to go to witness the accident...I mean crossing. I have Fridays off too. Let me know.