Sig Items

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I'm doing a survey, of sorts, to find out what interesting sig items you leave in a cache...items that have "you" written all over them. If it's unusual, personalized, unique, or just plain fun, please post it here. Thanks!

jeepcachr.jpg

I'm awefull with artistic stuff. I want to do a better card, maybe with a picture of my jeep on it.

I'd also rather do a trading card sized card instead of a business card but I haven't found a source for those yet. I could just cut my own.

Edit: the cards are laminated it just doesn't show in the picture.

Edited by JeepCachr

I just started placing these hat pins in caches last week. I know of only one that has been retrieved as of yet. I will be using the gold one as a FTF pin when I finish placing a cache. The silver is for those who find one of my caches. The pewter is what we have been placing in the caches that we find. On the back of the pins I have engraved "Midway Cafe" but I may print out a business card to attach them to, just have to find the time.

Signature%20Pins.jpg

I just started placing these hat pins in caches last week. I know of only one that has been retrieved as of yet. I will be using the gold one as a FTF pin when I finish placing a cache. The silver is for those who find one of my caches. The pewter is what we have been placing in the caches that we find. On the back of the pins I have engraved "Midway Cafe" but I may print out a business card to attach them to, just have to find the time.

Signature%20Pins.jpg

They're nice . . . .

How do you make them ?

I just started placing these hat pins in caches last week.  I know of only one that has been retrieved as of yet.  I will be using the gold one as a FTF pin when I finish placing a cache.  The silver is for those who find one of my caches.  The pewter is what we have been placing in the caches that we find.  On the back of the pins I have engraved "Midway Cafe" but I may print out a business card to attach them to, just have to find the time.

Signature%20Pins.jpg

They're nice . . . .

How do you make them ?

I work in the costume jewelry industry. I came up with a design that I liked then sculpted it out of a block of tin. Once I had the original made it was sent to a caster for mass production. After receiving the castings I hand polished some and sent them out to be plated gold and silver. The others (pewter) were sent out to be chemically tarnished and then buffed to a satin finish and covered with a lacquer.

All this taken care of I glued in the stones and got ready to stash them in the caches. It seems like a lot of work but when combined with other production runs it's not that bad. I think that my cost was slightly over $1 each w/o the original model cost as I made that myself.

I just started placing these hat pins in caches last week.  I know of only one that has been retrieved as of yet.  I will be using the gold one as a FTF pin when I finish placing a cache.  The silver is for those who find one of my caches.  The pewter is what we have been placing in the caches that we find.  On the back of the pins I have engraved "Midway Cafe" but I may print out a business card to attach them to, just have to find the time.

Signature%20Pins.jpg

MIGHT BE THE ONLY SIG ITEM that I'd consider to ever take OUTTA of a cache...most are usually just cards or junk.

MIGHT BE THE ONLY SIG ITEM that I'd consider to ever take OUTTA of a cache...most are usually just cards or junk.

I'll try not to take offense at that, thankyewverymuch...

I leave one of "Joefrog's Famous Marshmallow Guns" when it's a new cache, impressive cache, or I just feel like it... other times, I leave all kinds of stuff.

:o

I have been leaving cachecards that I designed:

geoguyvercard.jpg

Just finished these new CD's today.

I am going to be leaving these sealed CD's in caches that are large enough:

GeoguyverCD.jpg

The CD's have seven music tracks, three funny movie files, and four desktop themes to import.

I plan on dropping some off in Northern Minnesota this weekend! Portland, ME in May!

We've started leaving these hand-stamped post-it note pads. I can vary the designs for the seasons. Here are a few of the designs. The one on top shows how they look opened.

2215d4f7-272e-4507-bd64-136c1c304c63.jpg

Here's some I made cause there are a lot of cachers involved with scouting around here:

e024d976-eb51-409c-8949-c7bd63f8bdb6.jpg

Cacheola Crew Mom

Edited by Cacheola Crew

This is the Team FISUR geocoin:

coin2.jpg

We have one left which we may release as a travel bug.

We're working on a design for a new geocoin since we can't use the die for the colored side again. This is because Groundspeak no longer authorizes alterations to its logo. The reason has to do with trademark law issues.

If you want to see more signature items, check out the Geo-Creations section of our home page.

Team FISUR

Well I shamelessly stole the idea from Phisy too.. lol

I made 3 different sized because they will be attatched to a keyring w/ an old barrel or skeleton type key. Since the keys will be different sized I figured the clovers should be in some kind of scale :lol:

Im still freaking waiting on the keys, though I've been promised they'd be here in the next 3 days. Probably not in time for our state meeting though :D

1bcb821a-e1c4-4e28-8753-042b5e1a819e.jpg

Those are both cool! No worries about "stealing" "my" idea. When I made it, I knew of no one else using shrinky dinks, but I am not the first. I actually only have one little fish tank. The name Phishy was for the band. Phish. :lol:

178480_4600.jpg

That sucks about you not being able to use your Geocoins anymore. Those are bitchin.

Edited by SBPhishy

I have two signature items, one I leave in every cache I visit, and one I save for the better caches:

SignatureItem.jpg

Most of the coins that I give out I have cleaned myself using a homemade electrolysis bath (they look like this to start with), and have at least attempted to identify them.

WWIJDPhoto.jpg

Thanks again to SB Phyishy for the keychain idea. :lol:

coin2.jpg

We're working on a design for a new geocoin since we can't use the die for the colored side again.  This is because Groundspeak no longer authorizes alterations to its logo.  The reason has to do with trademark law issues.

If you want to see more signature items, check out the Geo-Creations section of our home page.

Team FISUR

So whats the cost involved in having coins made? This is a really cool signature item. I would love to trade these.

Edited by JeepCachr

coin2.jpg

We're working on a design for a new geocoin since we can't use the die for the colored side again.  This is because Groundspeak no longer authorizes alterations to its logo.  The reason has to do with trademark law issues.

Team FISUR

So is it unusable because of the anchor instead of the flag, or/and because it is round?

c6195d8f-7856-4654-bcea-530e7b73f1d4.jpg

Mine is VERY similar to that of Indiana Cojones'.

I am I Sinofile and wished to share my fascination with Chinese culture with the GC community.

Each signature item is individually numbered and each antique coin is dated (as close as I can). I have also included, in the packet, an information sheet detailing many of the highlights of the Dynasty from which the coins originate.

(1) poppagoth's Question: ''So is it unusable because of the anchor instead of the flag, or/and because it is round?''

Answer: Both. Groundspeak no longer authorizes any changes whatsoever to its logo.

(2) JeepCachr's Question: ''So whats the cost involved in having coins made? This is a really cool signature item. I would love to trade these.''

We used militarychallengecoins.com (aka: wemakecoins.com) for the

Team FISUR Geocoins. The 1st 100 cost a little over $4.00 per coin which

included payment for the die. Once you have the die, the next set will cost

less. If you get the coins individually numbered or want special edging,

that'll cost you more.

Check out Moun10Bike's home page for some information as to where he had his

geocoins made.

(3) Barefoot: If you are looking for barefoot ideas, check out the Trudger Foot from Ohio:

trudger2.jpg

Team FISUR

Probably for the same reason other people might get upset if I left a copy of the Koran in every cache I visited. There's a time and place for everything, and while some people might appreciate the cross, others definitely won't. It's much easier to be respectful of everyone if we don't mix religion and caching.

The cross has significant religous meaning to me but it doesn't have to be a religous item. I wouldn't see anything wrong with that in a cache. Our money says "In God we trust" on it and its not considered a religous item.

I do agree with RC on removing condoms, cigarettes, and religous tracts.