Signature Items

After reading thru some posts and cache logs, I have seem several references to signature items. I find this interesting and decided to get my own signature item. I have just ordered 1 pound of wooden nickels with one side with printing and the other side blank. I am going to come up with my own design for the blank side. Would this be a good signature item?? What are some examples of signature items that you have seen??

For some reason we have been giving away rubber ducks and dog bone shaped carbiners. That's what happens when the other half gets a hold of a catalog. :P We have came across magnets, buttons, cards, and all sorts of other items.

Edited by pwb

I took a trip to Nepal in Oct 2000, brought back a few strings of Tibetan prayer flags as one of my souviners. Started caching in June of 2001 and started leaving individual flags in exceptional caches that I found and in caches that I hid. I didn't have many flags so had to be careful not to "spend" them too quickly. Then I found a source nearby (she goes to Nepal yearly) so I leave them in most caches now. BTW Team 360, I hope to get one of your rocks when you come to this area in a few weeks.

As our name implies (and our avatar depicts) we like to create a "Cache Creature." Typically, this means selecting an item from the area in which the cache is located, paint it, stick goofy eyes on it and draw a face. For example, most often the item is a rock. Once, for an urban cache, we found a bottle cap and used that. It allows us to enjoy the area a bit more, and keeps us there for a bit longer (while creating the CC).

Lately, we've taken to signing them with " CC'03 ". Its fun for us and usually ends up with a good laugh at the often dorky, sometimes ugly and generally cute creation!

I don't have one, but some I can think of that I've seen in this area are:

Orange - An orange crayon

Jungle Green- A jungle green crayon

Dumbell Associates - A plastic trophy with their name and home coordinates

CCCooper Agency - A "#1" key ring with their business info on it.

Ttepee - Small, handmade, Indian totem bags/w hand painted geocaching logo (these are great!).

Harrald - Late Show pencil

Bassoonpilot - Wheresgeorge bills

Stayfloopy - Wheresgeorge bills

Skully & Mulder - Wheresgeorge bills

Etoast66 - Wheresgeorge bills

Most of northern NJ for that matter - Wheresgeorge bills!

Edited by briansnat

One of the most unique signature items I've seen is from a new geocacher up in the Spokane Washington area. Her geocaching name is Illumineon - she is by trade a neon tube bender. Her signature item? A neon glass tube with a dollar bill rolled up inside which she calls geocash. I've found several of them and moved them on.

If they were not so expensive I would like to use little anvils as a sig item.

Check out harborfreight.com for those mini-anvils. I bought one at one of their stores for something like $3.

My signature item is "Joefrog's Famous Marshmallow Gun." And quite literally, it shoots mini-marshmallows 30+ feet. Do a forum search for "marshmallow gun" and you should come up with the previous thread.

I see that you are wondering what a good signature item would be? For our household of geo cachers we have made a "Geo Journal" that we place as our offering in all caches. Each journal has room for 100 cache finds/placements etc. We have had great reviews from all of the cachers that have chosen them.

Hope this helps you out.

Trail Mix 3, from Bend, Oregon

If they were not so expensive I would like to use little anvils as a sig item.

Check out harborfreight.com for those mini-anvils. I bought one at one of their stores for something like $3.

Yeah I have seen them there but still if I left one in every cache it could get pricey. I think I might get a few and see about leaving them in special caches and events.

Just recently I made up a bunch of Cache In Trash Out kits. They are film cans with a rolled up plastic bag in them. In the larger film cans I use kitchen garbage bags and the smaller film cans get grocery bags. I've only dropped about 5 or 6 so far, but I have 90 of these kits made up, so I'll be dropping one in every non-micro cache I visit in the future.

CITOlabel.jpg

CITOpic-sm.jpg