Life Changing Discovery!

Criminal

Does anyone remember the McDonalds apple pies from many years ago, the ones that were deep-fat fried instead of baked? Did you shed a tear when they stopped frying them? Do you wish you could have another deep-fat fried apple pie like those?

I have discovered today the KFC makes their apple pies exactly like the McD’s ones used to be made, with all the deep-fat goodness you (and I) miss. Right now they’re two for a buck out here.

They are a great reward after a successful day of geocaching or riding your Vespa. Eat both of them if you geocache on your Vespa!

http://fp1.centurytel.net/Criminal_Page/

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Does anyone remember the McDonalds apple pies from many years ago, the ones that were deep-fat fried instead of baked? Did you shed a tear when they stopped frying them? Do you wish you could have another deep-fat fried apple pie like those?

Although apple were good, my favorite were the cherry pies. Mmmmmmmmm. Good.

5307_1000.gif

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

I came...I saw...I geocached.

" TARGET=_blank>http://www.scgeocachers.orgsite.gif

Yeah, but here's what you do: You get the apple pie, break it in half and put it in one of the little desert bowls and then put softserve ice cream on top of that. If you can find it, drizzle some carmel or some other topping over it.

Probably can't do that at all KFC's, but the buffet ones might have all the stuff you need. We used to do this when my wife worked at a restaurant that also sold those kinds of apple pies.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

I'm sure glad the geocacing reference was thrown in there. icon_wink.gif

On that note while geocaching and fishing up in Canada last winter my Pops and I stopped at a McDs and they had a berry pie (rasberry, blueberry, ect) and that was the best darn thing I've ever had after a day of caching. I was bummed to find out that the McDs around here didn't have them. I would have no problem stocking up on those and loading them into my caching gear for the trail. Fried or not they were great.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

Oh my goodness!!! Doesn't anyone notice what has happened here?

Returning from Criminal's second cache find of the day, he mysteriously stumbled onto a grove of lush green vegetation.

With beautiful wide jutting leaves large and similar to the shape of the human hand, clumps of sticky pods fulfilled every limb.

Being low on cash and forgetting the exact description of rabbit grass, he remembered that saving money is always a plus.

He decides to pick a few of the clusters and proceed home, where he precariously dries them in the microwave and loads one of his favorite Captain Black pipes that he recieved by a mail in offer. Criminal used to smoke a pipe several years ago, but strangely dropped the pipe and started smoking cigarettes.

First Pall Mall's, but they got too harsh. Then Salem, but he quickly got dissatisfied with menthol, and switched to Marlboro, since they had those cool commercials with the cowboy in it. These he has been smoking for sixteen years now.

With the pipe clenched in the right corner of his mouth Norman Rockwellesque, he logs onto GC.com to post his finds, and then to thumb through the forums.

With each puff of the "tobacco", Criminal reminisces of the days he smoked a pipe, transferring the smoke from his mouth, occasionally inhaling a small percentage.

Several minutes pass, and the chamber has succumbed to mainly ashes, so Criminal packs it full again. Typing and logging, logging and typing, he has to refill it once more.

Little does Criminal know, he has now been relinquished by the new and somewhat strange motivation that prompted him to post such a lovely topic.

He enjoys the company here at Geocaching, especially the forums, his new utopia.

A feel good queasiness filled his body as he just remembered he didn't have to buy the $3 Marlboros, and what a great deal he has found on his new and free tobacco. He doesn't need the GPSr to return to his favorite cache location, he knows EXACTLY where that beautiful place is.

It is expected that Criminal will frequent this cache for many years to come, and always put something REALLY nice in the cache each and every visit.

ALL BECAUSE OF GEOCACHING.

Man, this is a beautiful site.

BTW... Check out his two "found it" logs! They are a riot!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

48511_5100.JPG

Yup. That's MY goat!

KFC Apple Pie:

Calories - 310

Calories from fat - 130

Grams of fat - 14

% saturated fat - 15%

Cholesterol - zero grams

Sodium - 280 grams

Carbohydrate - 44 grams

Fiber - Zero grams

Sugar - 23 grams

Protein - 2 grams

Analysis:

High sodium, high carbohydrate, high sugar food with a high percentage of "heart attack causing" saturated fat.

Recommendation: Eat an apple and forget the pie! icon_smile.gif

---------------------------------------------------

Free your mind and the rest will follow action-smiley-076.gif

I had a life changing discovery when I turned 14. It was a beverage called beer. I had another life changing discovery when I was about 23. Good beer.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

I had a life changing discovery when I turned 14. It was a beverage called beer. I had another life changing discovery when I was about 23. _Good_ beer.

_"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm_

Wouldn't ANY beer a 14 year old get a hold of be considered "good" beer? icon_wink.gif It would lead that self same person to think he had found "Better" beer latter on? icon_cool.gif

No telling when the original might be seen as the cheap stuff? icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

I have discovered today the KFC makes their apple pies exactly like the McD’s ones used to be made, with all the deep-fat goodness you (and I) miss. Right now they’re two for a buck out here.

I just thought of another great substitute. Hostess berry pies. About 50¢ apiece and come in a variety of flavors, including blackberry, cherry, apple & chocolate (ok, so they're not all berry). Pop it in the microwave for 23 seconds and violá, instant hardening of the arteries.

And the best thing about them is they're bigger than either Mickey D's or KFC's pies.

Why is it that KFC doesn't spell their name out anymore either? Could it be the aversion to the word FRIED?

5307_1000.gif

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

I came...I saw...I geocached.