In addition to Geocaching...

Jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy:

Rode ATVs on my honeymoon in Cabo. That was *GREAT* fun.

Oh crap, you bring up a very important point here in which I totally forgot about.

I like to spend time with my wife, whether its caching, riding ect, ect. She is #1 on my list even though I forgot about that part. icon_frown.gif Maybe becuase that just goes without saying. Yeah, thats it.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

Caching without a clue....

Scootering? You mean people over 18 actually ride those things when they've got other modes of transportation available? You're kidding, right?

Take three guesses what Huntnlady does for enjoyment, and none of them count if they don't involve weapons and big game. 27 days and counting until the start of California's coastal rifle deer season- Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

quote:

Do you have to ride something to feel like a man? Bully for you. Anyone with concerns about their manhood by what they drive is far worse than a dork in my book.

Simply posting it indicates your insecurity. Better go to the gym tonight and pump some of that femininity out of your system, soldier.

Okay, I had that one coming to me ... But, thundering down the hiway on a Moped? Come on, my weed eater makes more noise than a Moped.

Been out caching so just catching up on the forums......Other outdoor activities: Competitive Beach Volleyball, Waterskiing/Wakeboarding, Camping, Fishing, Snow-skiing and making nude sand angels. Ok, they're not really angels icon_wink.gif

Seriously though, Geocaching has been a great addition to the outdoor activities!

quote:
Originally posted by Huntnlady:

Take three guesses what Huntnlady does for enjoyment, and none of them count if they don't involve weapons and big game.

I was a marksman in the military, but have never hunted for game. Always have been interested in doing so, but my circle of friends don't hunt (not for any reason other than no interest).

The exception is crush fest which happens some mystery weekend in the year. Last year we tore through an RV with a backhoe and dropped a car and tore it in half. Good clean destructive mayhem.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:
Originally posted by clearpath:

Okay, you win. I can only take so many shots at the boss before I start thinking, "this is suicidal". I may be dumb but I'm not stupid. icon_biggrin.gif

It's all in good clean fun. icon_wink.gif

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

4-wheeling in the Jeeps (4-wheeling to a cache is even more fun), bottom fishing on the ocean, any other kind of fishing, crabbing, camping (we have an ancient tent trailer that works great behind the Jeep), working on cars. Mostly what I've been doing outside lately has been geocaching, although a couple weekends ago we went bottom fishing out of Charleston, Oregon and had a great time. The whole boat limited out. Wasn't even a single person hanging over the side chumming either.

"The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8m/sec/sec."

-Marcus Dolengo

quote:
Originally posted by Spzzmoose:

quote:

quote:

Wow Jeremy...your a bit ornery lately!!

Yeah. I ate too many bugs.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

LOL!!!! Sorta like riding a jet-ski... but I had many perch dinners!!! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

LOL!!!! Sorta like riding a jet-ski... but I had too many fresh perch dinners!!! icon_biggrin.gif

OK...I've edited this twice...(spelling errors and such),,,let's see if I've finally got the hang of this... icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

LOL!!!! Sorta like riding a jet-ski... but I had too many raw perch dinners!!! icon_biggrin.gif

OK...I've edited this twice...(spelling errors and such)...let's see if I've finally got the hang of this... icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

The outdoors(camping/hiking), reading, writing, our animals(2 dachshunds, 2 chihuahuas, 3 cats, and 5 hermit crabs), fitness, martial arts, photography are some of our non-caching hobbies.

The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.---Matthew 13:44

Matt & Julia

To view our online geocaching diary/blog, click here

I have a somewhat ecclectic collection of hobbies:

First and most obvious; I am a Klingon. Yea, I'm one of those lunatics that get dressed up in a uniform, spiky boots, long hair and bumpy forehead and strut around at conventions.

I am also a member of the World Atlatl Association and compete in spear throwing.

I ride my bycycle a lot. I prefer the long rides on rail-trails. A few weeks ago I rode the 320 miles of the Great Allegheny Passage and C&O Canal Towpath from McKeesport, PA (near pittsburgh) to Washington, DC. In the four day trip I logged 3 benchmarks, 4 locationless caches, 5 virtual caches and 2 regular caches. The combining of biking and geocaching has gotten me out into the wildes more often.

I also do Geo-Photography at www.geosnapper.com. You create a photo album with pictures and coordinates, sort of like locationless caches. Most people just post a few pictures from vacations and such but I've produced informative and tolical albums that comprise 25% of the pictures on the whole site.

I have too many hobbies.

89355_500.gif

My biggest hobby right now is looking for work. When I'm not doing that, solving computer problems, geneology, camping, flying stunt kites, yardwork, oh yeah and hiking... which was the original reason for the GPS purchase in the first place.

Cheers!

TL

[This message was edited by TotemLake on July 15, 2003 at 06:46 AM.]

My other main hobby is Sporting Clays. It is a shotgun sport similar to shooting skeet or trap, except that you are presented with clay targets that are doing different things at different stations. In a round of 50 clays, we move to (as many as 13) different stations and shoot clay targets that may be flying straight away, straight toward you, side-to-side, straight up, or even rolling on the ground. It's very challenging as proven by the scores. Great shooters rarely get scores better than 40 out of 50. I tend to get scores in the mid- to upper-teens. But it's still a lot of fun!!

I like to read, watch movies, drink martinis, surf the 'net, and bet on horses at the track. Oh, and I enjoy walking around cities, shopping and eating and drinking all day long.

Geocaching is the only "nature-oriented" thing I do.

I'll admit to not caching as much as I'd like because I'm sorta ambivalent about nature, and don't like being in the woods by myself. I'm afraid of spiders/ticks/poison ivy/the Blair Witch. I can walk forever, though, and I do enjoy getting sweaty and coming home all dirty and thinking "That was great! Let's fix ourselves a martini!"

Urban walking and country hiking. Of course these days most of the hiking and some of the walking tends to always have some sort of Geocaching going along with it.

Geeze, a Moped gang buzzing down the highway. I didn't know they could go 65mph... now that's something to see!

Now Clearpath, think of it like this: it takes a brave person to ride a motorcycle, it takes an even braver person to ride a moped. And they don't set off all the dadgum car alarms in the neighborhood when they go roaring by. icon_cool.gif

-Dan (who'd like to have a moped but knows he'd get run over by bad drivers in SF)

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."

Ski, ski, ski! Some snow boarding too.

Hey! Where did all the snow go? What in Gods name is that blazing yellow thing up in the sky!?icon_wink.gif

I wouldn't mind having a scooter for caching. I almost bought a 1974 CB 450, last month. The smaller bikes are easier to hop on and go. It seems more difficult to get going on a Goldwing. Especially if your just hopping between parks. The Goldwing is a big lumbering hulk.

39197_3100.jpg

Pepper playing nice!

Mokita!

quote:
Originally posted by OuttaHand:

My other main hobby is Sporting Clays. It is a shotgun sport similar to shooting skeet or trap, except that you are presented with clay targets that are doing different things at different stations. In a round of 50 clays, we move to (as many as 13) different stations and shoot clay targets that may be flying straight away, straight toward you, side-to-side, straight up, or even rolling on the ground. It's very challenging as proven by the scores. Great shooters rarely get scores better than 40 out of 50. I tend to get scores in the mid- to upper-teens. But it's still a lot of fun!!

Me and you both! I rarely shoot only 50, but I score in the high 30's when I do. I average 76 out of 100. My average hasn't been below 70 in 4 years. My best score ever was an 87. The late, great, Grant Ilsing (Skeet & Trap shooting Hall of Famer.) taught me how to shoot when I was a kid. Most of the credit goes to him.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gifThe greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

I'm one of many who geocaches and is a Ham radio nerd. (Thanks for the cool Forum!)

I also enjoy model and high-power rocketry. Or at least I hope to enjoy high-power again when the dust from the Homeland Security Act settles.

Also chasing Boy Scouts around mountains and forests. Occasionally helping them with a merit badge.

Hey, why is there no Geocaching merit badge??? I may have to send in a suggestion for one. I know a number of troops geocache together...

Dave_W6DPS

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

When I'm not at work, I used to like to golf.Actually I still like to golf, I just dont do it as much as I used to.

quote:

Jeremy Irish

Saw this and just couldn't resist this shameless plug for the museum where my restaurant is located:BuGFesT!

SATURDAY, AUGUST 9

9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Mark your calendar for the world’s biggest and most popular “buggy” event featuring more exhibits, activities, and eye-popping presentations than ever. Enjoy delicious bug-filled delicacies at the Café Insecta, cheer on your favorite entry at the Roachingham 500, meet fascinating bug experts in special auditorium programs, and view amazing and bizarre live animals such as the footlong Malaysian walking stick and the venomous giant South American centipede. Friends of the Museum members can visit the special Friends BuGFest hospitality area featuring activities, beverages, and snacks.

And yes I will be cooking with the bugs that day and that day only!

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

Here's an action photo of two of the other participants in the Seattle to Portland scooter ride:

icon_razz.gif

Sorry Boss, it was the first thing I thought of when the topic came up. icon_wink.gif

Seriously though, I played tennis in college but got burned out and don't play anymore.

I try to play golf but I'm a bit too left handed or something.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Pink isn't well - he stayed back at the hotel.

mountain biking, hiking, paddling,

That's what I LIKE to do.

Lately though my wife has been on a landscaping kick so my outdoor activities have largely been digging up the yard and planting large plants.

We discuss our plans for the upcoming weekends and I am usually outvoted 1 to 1.

===========================================================

"The time has come" the Walrus said "to speak of many things; of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and Kings".

...my wife and I spent the last 15 years going to estate auctions and garage sales...we were really into the retro design thing and she had a real passion for old lamps. Now that the rooms are full, the closets are full, and the garage is full...we've changed our pastime to selling it all on e-bay!! Keeps us busy and provides xtra cash for more geocaching trips. I also do a little woodworking and am now getting into making walking sticks from sotol cactus stalks...just as a hobby for friends and family. They make really lightweight sticks and are very strong...but enough about me...

"There's so much comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets?"