The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

I was definitely a fan of John Lennon's. :lol: His music was the soundtrack to my college career.  :lol:

I couldn't resist!  ;)

228c3f9c-add2-4d2c-bab4-2278be610900.jpg

O.K. you two Beatles fans, so where are your John Lennon Geocaches?

Hey TrailGators, finally I understand your fetish for unbunched white socks and Lava Lamps.

Harmon

Yea that's why I (used to) wear my socks that way! :D

Good idea about a JL cache. "Imagine" a cache that could play "Mind Games" with you! :lol:

I was definitely a fan of John Lennon's. :lol: His music was the soundtrack to my college career.  :lol:

I couldn't resist!  ;)

O.K. you two Beatles fans, so where are your John Lennon Geocaches?

Hey TrailGators, finally I understand your fetish for unbunched white socks and Lava Lamps.

Harmon

Yea that's why I (used to) wear my socks that way! :D

Good idea about a JL cache. "Imagine" a cache that could play "Mind Games" with you! :lol:

How about "Ono, Not Another Nine" for your first JL cache title?

Edited by SD Rowdies
How about "Ono, Not Another Nine" for your first JL cache title?

Good idea, We could find a spot with almost all 9's in the coords!

BTW that reminds me of an old joke.....Do you know what Yoko said when John died?........Ono ;)

Again.......I couldn't resist but I bet even JL would chuckle at that one.

Edited by TrailGators
WMDs:  Weapons of Mass Distraction

So many puzzles.  So many containers to choose from....

c526e3da-6a4e-4294-89f0-167a149491e0.jpg

(Mommy!  Mommy!  Make Those Bad Puzzle Cachers Stop!)

Hey TT,

We've got about thirty more film cannisters and some left-over Altoid tins at the ranch. Interested?

Sandy Creek Cowboys

Edited by SD Rowdies

I ran into Duscwe! and FlagMan out in Sloane Canyon today. I took a friend and his two children along on my Geocaching adventures because I thought they would enjoy it. We even hid a new cache in the area . . .

and then I dislocated/distended my knee. :o

So, I'll be on crutches for a while. Sure glad this didn't happen to me when I was all alone on Viejas Mountain the other day when I got my FTF at the "Tax Freedom cache." :D

Edit to get FlagMan's name right . . . :o

Edited by idiosyncratic
I dislocated/distended my knee. :o

So, I'll be on crutches for a while.

Hey! ... wait a while. I'm not finished with my crutches just yet so I can't loan 'em to you.

On the other hand I might be able to find three or four old leg casts that you can try on for size. (Disgusting thought ain't it?)

Sounds like you might have forgotten the cowboy rule for hiking trails with a companion.

The rule is to make sure that your companion walks ahead of you while on the trail. That way you'll avoid snakes, falls, and maybe even Poison Ivy. Besides you'll be free to go for help when your companion takes a header.

Let me see now, TT, Earl of Senior Sleuths, you, and me. Sounds like a T-shirt design is in order.

No charge,

Harmon of Sandy Creek Cowboys

Edited by SD Rowdies

Right, I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in getting a group together to go to see the Padres sometime this season? If you have over 25 people you can get group discounts, and your group's name on the Jumbotron....

So, anyone got preferences about which team you want the Padres to beat, whether weekday or weekend is best, and whether an evening or day game is preferred? If we can get a vague idea of dates and numbers on here, I'll set up an Event Cache page so we can get more organised.

The schedule starts here

Right, I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in getting a group together to go to see the Padres sometime this season? If you have over 25 people you can get group discounts, and your group's name on the Jumbotron....

So, anyone got preferences about which team you want the Padres to beat, whether weekday or weekend is best, and whether an evening or day game is preferred? If we can get a vague idea of dates and numbers on here, I'll set up an Event Cache page so we can get more organised.

The schedule starts here

We would be up for that. It doesn't matter what day/time so long as we know far enough in advance to get a sitter. Cool idea!!

The schedule starts here

I don't know...I will have to check with the wife.

PS I have not had a FTF since I got married. :lol:

Edited by GoBolt

sounds good to me...doesn't matter whos playing to me.

I'd be up for it too! I've yet to see game in the new stadium but I watch the Pads on the boob tube all the time. In fact, they are beating the Giants right now!

PS I have not had a FTF since I got married. :D

Yes....this happens all the time. It's called the "Mark71mark Syndrome"

:D

This is, of course, why I stay single. Though it appears pqmommy and Splashette have this quest to hook me up.

--TT--

Hey Now! Tom and I have wives and we have 1500+ finds! Of course, we've both have been married 12+ years ( although, I'm sure it's more for Tom)!

:lol::D:ph34r:;):lol::D

Edited by Duscwe!
PS I have not had a FTF since I got married....

Yes....this happens all the time. It's called the "Mark71mark Syndrome"

:lol:

This is, of course, why I stay single. Though it appears pqmommy and Splashette have this quest to hook me up--TT--

Hey Now! Tom and I have wives and we have 1500+ finds! Of course, we've both have been married 12+ years ( although, I'm sure it's more for Tom)!

:D:D:ph34r::D:lol::D

Yes, I'm sure there is some predictable curve of geo-abililty over the continuum of life! For the record, 20 years last October...... ;)

Right, I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in getting a group together to go to see the Padres sometime this season?.....

Always up for a day :D /night :ph34r: at the ol' ballpark. We would be probably be good for either 2 or maybe 4..... :lol:

We're saving up for a hot dog ..........

Count us in !!!

The Splashes

The last baseball game I attended lasted 13 innings a cold, foggy day in June. :D The final score was 1-0. :ph34r:

I need to attend another game to overwrite that memory. :lol:

As long as we are talking about a social event, does anyone have a kayak or inflatable boat? Humphrey's By-The-Bay has their schedule up for this year and they are going to have some great entertainers.

The Moody Blues will be there June 12. Jewel, Chris Issac, Lyle Lovett and B.B. King are just a few of the others that will be ther this summer. :lol:

With a boat or kayak, you can see the acts for free and enjoy the cameraderie of all the "boat people." :D

I'm thinking of placing a cache somewhere along the water route to Humphrey's.

The last baseball game I attended lasted 13 innings a cold, foggy day in June. :D The final score was 1-0. :ph34r:

I need to attend another game to overwrite that memory. :lol:

As long as we are talking about a social event, does anyone have a kayak or inflatable boat? Humphrey's By-The-Bay has their schedule up for this year and they are going to have some great entertainers.

The Moody Blues will be there June 12. Jewel, Chris Issac, Lyle Lovett and B.B. King are just a few of the others that will be ther this summer. :D

With a boat or kayak, you can see the acts for free and enjoy the cameraderie of all the "boat people." :D

I've seen the Moody Blues three times! Maybe they'll come on a "Tuesday Afternoon"! :lol: I'm not sure about sitting in a boat for two hours but it could be fun. I'm more the comfortable chair with a cold beer in my hand type! ;)

Say if anyone is planning a weekend group cache let me know! My caching buddy is spending all his time preparing to move to the Rocky Mountains these days.

. . .

As long as we are talking about a social event, does anyone have a kayak or inflatable boat?  Humphrey's By-The-Bay has their schedule up for this year and they are going to have some great entertainers.

The Moody Blues will be there June 12. Jewel, Chris Issac, Lyle Lovett and B.B. King are just a few of the others that will be ther this summer. :lol:

I've seen the Moody Blues three times! Maybe they'll come on a "Tuesday Afternoon"! :ph34r: I'm not sure about sitting in a boat for two hours but it could be fun. I'm more the comfortable chair with a cold beer in my hand type! :D

. . .

Oh, there are those. Sometimes people bring big power boats back there and have parties on board. Another guy has a large, handmade, wooden canoe in which he sets up a table. He prepares fabulous meals and often shares with nearby boaters/kayakers.

One woman has a comfy inflatable and always brings her chocolate lab. The dog really enjoys all the attention she gets. :D

It is great fun . . . and the price is right. :lol: