The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

My caching buddy is spending all his time preparing to move to the Rocky Mountains these days.

TrailGators,

Our heart goes out to you because you will soon lose RocketMan as your regular sidekick.

Take heart, just send us your Geocaching resume and we'll see if you might possibly meet the stringent qualification requirements for becoming a GeoBabe Apprentice. Here's a helpful hint, describe fully your own ability to repair and/or replace Jeep Wrangler suspension parts while in the field.

We will take into account, though not too seriously, the fact that you have done one or more Geocache outings as a Geobabes groupie. We acknowledge that it is a potential benefit for you to, shall we say, know something of their ways. :ph34r:

If accepted you will also become eligible for occasional appearances on local Geocaching webcam shows. This could lead to an Internet modeling career.

Of course you'll have to complete our "Sartorial Attire" correspondence course before final selection. At no extra charge we will throw in our informative pamphlet on hiking-sock etiquette.

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Notice: Act fast, offer good for today only.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Congratulations to Chuy on getting to 1000!

Parsa

Greetings from Springfield, VA. I was trying to sneak through without any attention but Parsa had to claim FTC (first to congratulate).

I've been doing mostly night hunts as I'm in training most of the day and we have a single rental car to share among four of us. I'm lucky the training involves computer training which allows me log my finds and follow the forums. I sat in the back row for this purpose :anibad: .

I was kinda hoping to make Aerial Intelligence II the 1K find, but in the end, I just kept plugging away, one at a time. Maybe this will be my 1001 find; the start of a new 1K.

Gopher It was my 1K.

Thanks all, hope to be home this weekend :lol: .

PS Congrats TT on 2K; may the future find you with a cache-friendly wife but a bountiful of children to slow you down some :ph34r: .

Edited by Chuy
PS Congrats TT on 2K; may the future find you with a cache-friendly wife but a bountiful of children to slow you down some  :anibad: .

I have a favorite song that I always change the lyrcis to slightly when I think of a future caching bride.

Euro-trash Girl by Cracker

Geo-cache Girl

Geo-cache Girl, Geo-cache Girl

Yeah, I'll search the world over for my angel in black.

Yeah, search the world over for a Geo-cache Girl.

Dave

My caching buddy is spending all his time preparing to move to the Rocky Mountains these days.

TrailGators,

Our heart goes out to you because you will soon lose RocketMan as your regular sidekick.

Take heart, just send us your Geocaching resume and we'll see if you might possibly meet the stringent qualification requirements for becoming a GeoBabe Apprentice. Here's a helpful hint, describe fully your own ability to repair and/or replace Jeep Wrangler suspension parts while in the field.

We will take into account, though not too seriously, the fact that you have done one or more Geocache outings as a Geobabes groupie. We acknowledge that it is a potential benefit for you to, shall we say, know something of their ways. :anibad:

If accepted you will also become eligible for occasional appearances on local Geocaching webcam shows. This could lead to an Internet modeling career.

Of course you'll have to complete our "Sartorial Attire" correspondence course before final selection. At no extra charge we will throw in our informative pamphlet on hiking-sock etiquette.

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

I accept your offer Harmon and you have lifted this ol' boy's spirits! :ph34r: In fact, I was pushing down my socks as I was reading your offer! :lol:

Now the trick is to find a group of caches that y'all haven't already found! :lol:

P.S. Congrats on 1K Chuy!

a GeoBabe Apprentice.

Wait a minute, doesn't he have to be a BABE to begin with???? :ph34r::D

No, no.

A "GeoBabe Apprentice" is an apprentice that's bossed around by the Geobabes much like Donald Trump apprentices.

Geobabe Apprentices have t' tote around all of that paperless-cache techno-stuff that comes wrapped in cardboard and paper and plastic when y' buy it.

TrailGators,

We will take into account, though not too seriously, the fact that you have done one or more Geocache outings as a Geobabes groupie. We acknowledge that it is a potential benefit for you to, shall we say, know something of their ways. :D

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

I accept your offer Harmon and you have lifted this ol' boy's spirits! :lol: In fact, I was pushing down my socks as I was reading your offer! :D

Now the trick is to find a group of caches that y'all haven't already found! B)

TrailGators,

Well o.k. you lucky feller. I've contacted $kimmer and Splashette about your acceptance. They were, well, shall we say surprised and excited? :ph34r:

Now we must keep close watch on this thread for their approval and go-ahead message.

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Edited by SD Rowdies
A "GeoBabe Apprentice" is an apprentice that's bossed around by the Geobabes much like Donald Trump apprentices.

Geobabe Apprentices have t' tote around all of that paperless-cache techno-stuff that comes wrapped in cardboard and paper and plastic when y' buy it.

OOOh! Sounds good! You can never have too many apprentices. :D:ph34r:

Hey Guys:

Thanks to Harmon for the WebCam expertise,,,,AGAIN! Don't know where I'd be without him,,,well, actually, I'd have about 21 caches fewer, as I can't work a WebCam to save my life,,,,ask Flagman. Splashette and I scored 3 more of the photo-ops today.

Want Trailgators to know he came be a Geobabe anytime he wants, we'd LOVE to have someone who actually knows how to cache paperless, instead of clueless with us. But remember, you have to be available on Wednesdays, as that's our regular day to assault the hides.

Now want to congratulate Chuy on reaching the 1,000 plateau AND Tucson Thompsen for being the second in the county to get to a ton of caches! Congrats you guys!

Later,

$kimmer

Edited by $kimmer
Hey Guys:

Thanks to Harmon for the WebCam expertise,,,,AGAIN!  Don't know where I'd be without him,,,well, actually, I'd have about 21 caches fewer, as I can't work a WebCam to save my life,,,,ask Flagman. Splashette and I scored 3 more of the photo-ops today.

Want Trailgators to know he came be a Geobabe anytime he wants, we'd LOVE to have someone who actually knows how to cache paperless, instead of clueless with us.  But remember, you have to be available on Wednesdays, as that's our regular day to assault the hides.

Now want to congratulate Chuy on reaching the 1,000 plateau AND Tucson Thompsen for being the second in the county to get to a ton of caches!  Congrats you guys!

Later,

$kimmer

I'll have to take a humpday off sometime so I can go caching with you geobabes. I'm typically a weekend cacher but a day off sounds like a really good idea!

Hey Guys:

Thanks to Harmon for the WebCam expertise,,,,AGAIN!  Don't know where I'd be without him,,,well, actually, I'd have about 21 caches fewer, as I can't work a WebCam to save my life,,,,ask Flagman. Splashette and I scored 3 more of the photo-ops today.

Want Trailgators to know he came be a Geobabe anytime he wants, we'd LOVE to have someone who actually knows how to cache paperless, instead of clueless with us.  But remember, you have to be available on Wednesdays, as that's our regular day to assault the hides.

Now want to congratulate Chuy on reaching the 1,000 plateau AND Tucson Thompsen for being the second in the county to get to a ton of caches!  Congrats you guys!

Later,

$kimmer

I'll have to take a humpday off sometime so I can go caching with you geobabes. I'm typically a weekend cacher but a day off sounds like a really good idea!

Somehow, that doesn't sound right. LOL

Splashette

Somehow, that doesn't sound right. LOL

Splashette

And I wasn't going to say anything but since you brought it up Janie, he's talkin' about Wednesdays. Geocachers are so now.

Harmon

I'll get it....ha ha ha...I guess that's one of those Freudian slips! ;) Anyhow, the expression "Humpday" has been around for a longggg time! The good news is that we are all on the down slope of the week heading towards the weekend! I hope it quits raining before the weekend!

Tigger's Mango and I are going to be honeymooning in Orlando, Disney World, Port Canaveral, Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Castaway Cay. We depart San Diego on the second of May. If you have any bugs or Geo-Coins or a Moun10Bike-Coin ;) that you would like to visit/travel (round trip or one way) too one of the above locations or sail aboard the Disney Magic...let us know.

PS Wanted to repost this since the day is at hand.

PPS Harmon...If your leg is up for it pack your bag and put on your tag.

Edited by GoBolt
Tigger's Mango and I are going to be honeymooning in Orlando, Disney World, Port Canaveral, Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Castaway Cay. We depart San Diego on the second of May. If you have any bugs or Geo-Coins or a Moun10Bike-Coin  ;) that you would like to visit/travel (round trip or one way) too one of the above locations or sail aboard the Disney Magic...let us know.

PS Wanted to repost this since the day is at hand.

PPS Harmon...If your leg is up for it pack your bag and put on your tag.

GoBolt & Tigger's Mango,

Dang, just my luck. Saw the bone doctor yesterday and he grounded me for another four weeks. It seems that seventy year old bones forget how to heal. Now I'm thinking about crutch implants. Worse part is that I had the TB tattoo done for no good reason now. Honestly, that beaded chain thang is driving me nuts.

Have a great time on your honeymoon. Do find some webcam caches along the way so's I can handle the captures for you. That way I can post them to the SD Thread as well so's everybody can keep track of your mischief and misadventures. Well, that and also so I can mess around with your photos.

Bon voyage y'all,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Sorry to hear that Harmon. Maybe the bone doctor needs to give you one of those "electronic casts" afterall.

I dislocated my kneecap last Sunday, so I saw the bone doctor the other day also.

I sure am glad the Forums exist to counteract the boredom due to forced inactivity.

- - - - - -

And, GoBolt & Tigger's Mango,

Have a wonderful time. You are sure going to some wonderful locations! Let me know if the airplane is still in the water off the coast of Cozumel. Makes for interesting snorkeling. ;)

I dislocated my kneecap last Sunday, so I saw the bone doctor the other day also.

I sure am glad the Forums exist to counteract the boredom due to forced inactivity.

Gosh, you sure hit the nail on the head about the Forum being useful to counteract the effects of immobility boredom syndrome (IBS). Wow! now we have our own syndrome. I'll just bet that everybody is dying to see my ankle heal so that I'll let off pickin' on them. Hmm, what other meaning might IBS imply?

Dislocated knee sounds really bad. I feel your pain darlin'. I once had orthroscopic surgery on my left knee and of course it is now arthritic as well. Still I can recommend a sure-fire recipe for taking your mind off of severe knee pain.

Recipe: You take one extension ladder, climb it, and forget to use it on the way down. Cha-ching, no knee pain. Trust me, have I ever lied to you before? ($kimmer and Splashette, just mind your own business, o.k.?)

Haven't given my knee a thought since I busted the ankle. By the way, I wonder why you have been withholding the gory details of your knee injury.

You do recall all the Forum press that TT got with his fragmented elbow don't you? Gosh I love using "fragmented" in a sentence. Anyway, I ask you, why shouldn't you and I get the same attention for our own life-altering injuries? Here's the way I see it.

First of all I've seen TT and I've seen you. You are better looking than TT. Well, you know, who th' heck isn't?

Secondly I'm much older than TT so I have much less time to be fussed over.

Thus it follows that Forum participants should shower the two of us with the same level of concern and affection given TT. After all, fair is fair, yes?

Disclaimer: The foregoing dissertation does not in any way imply that I didn't appreciate the wonderful and tasty pineapple upside-down cake baked for me by the lovely lady and devoted mommy we all know and love as Pqmommy. B'less her little cake-bakin' heart.

Poor ol' Harmon

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Edited by SD Rowdies

I noticed Duscwe's log for On the Way to Ellis Wayside ...

"April 24 by Duscwe! (1599 found)

8:52 AM

Hey Now! Walked right up to this one... I thought I may have brushed against the poison oak near the cache, but nothing so far... We signed the log and headed on to the next cache! Wait a minute! Is this a caching trail? No, not in San Diego...? Thanks,

D!"

Thought our Thread friends might enjoy two recent logs for a Geckos kind of Power Caching Trail - by TR Violin of course. And yes, it is in San Diego.

Marble Mountain Madness (4/24/2005)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?II...689&LID=7697050

More Madness on Rosa Point (4/24/2005)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?II...cc0&LID=7685225

-Gecko Dad

What do you think of a new geocaching icon....a psuedo virtual icon created for

sightings of geocaches on tv!!!

May 8 - Geocaching featured on Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Geocaching is on the (fictional) police blotter next week!

Set your VCRs or DVRs to record the May 8 episode of

Law & Order: Criminal Intent. The upcoming episode "The

Unblinking Eye" reveals the plot "A young actor is wounded and

his fiancée killed, leading detectives to look into a high-tech

treasure-hunting game called geocaching."

Happy Hunting!

Gosh, you sure hit the nail on the head about the Forum being useful to counteract the effects of immobility boredom syndrome (IBS). Wow! now we have our own syndrome. I'll just bet that everybody is dying to see my ankle heal so that I'll let off pickin' on them. Hmm, what other meaning might IBS imply?

Dislocated knee sounds really bad. . . .

Actually, I only dislocated the kneecap, or patella, in doctor-speak. :blink:

It was a completely freak occurrence. I just took a slight side step to the left, and my knee folded up to the inside and I went down--hard! I didn't even have time to put my arm down to break my fall. My camera, which was hanging around my neck, flew sideways and hit a rock, but it came away unscathed. :lol:

The knee isn't really that painful, but it is very swollen and still very unstable. I'll be wearing a knee brace for a long time. B)

In the meantime, I have a couple of Altoids tins ready to put out in places I never would have looked for a cache before -- I don't like parking lot micros, and now I'm guilty of putting one out. :(

Dislocated knee sounds really bad. . . .

My camera, which was hanging around my neck, flew sideways and hit a rock, but it came away unscathed. B)

In the meantime, I have a couple of Altoids tins ready to put out in places I never would have looked for a cache before -- I don't like parking lot micros, and now I'm guilty of putting one out. :blink:

Idiosyncratic,

First of all the important issue, did you check your camera to see if it went off as it hit the rock and so snapped a shot of you during your fall? Us ol' cowboys would love t' score you on style points what with your equine experience.

So sorry that you must temporarily resort to Altoid caches. That's definitely a fall from the beauty and grace of Geocaching. On the other hand it shows that you are a stick-to-it kind of gal.

Not to worry, us ol' cowboys will make up for your Altoid tin when we get around to our cowboy fifteen cache.

Cowboy fifteen cache is going to be an unusual 2/5 rating that cannot be scored by fewer than six Geocachers at a tiime. It will be our first foray into puzzle caches, so to speak, and so will call for lots and lots of patience. Imagine that, six Geocachers being patient together.

Best part is that some paper and pencil will help at cowboy fifteen unless y' want t' use that little-bitty Palm graphic-keyboard out in the bright summer sun. We're going to offer a FTF coupon at cowboy fifteen that's worth thirty bucks, redeemable at Sandy Creek Ranch.

Whoa! ... so y'r knee folded sideways?

Yikes!

The Sandy Creek cowboys

Edited by SD Rowdies
. . .

Whoa! ... so y'r knee folded sideways?

Yikes!

The Sandy Creek cowboys

Yup! Sounds unbelievable, but that's what happened. I moved sideways, put my weight on that left leg, and it just folded up . . . to the inside. :lol:

I lay there in a heap for a while waiting for the excruciating pain to come, but it didn't. I finally moved the leg and slowly got up and limped cautiously back to the car.

I usually cache alone . . . but that day I was with a friend and his two kids.

I had a sort of premonition that something like this could happen in the last sentence of this blog entry:

After each one of these trips, I wonder when I won't make it out in one piece. Taking these kinds of risks can't always have a good outcome--although I hope they do.

As for your Cowboy 15 cache:

Cowboy fifteen cache is going to be an unusual 2/5 rating that cannot be scored by fewer than six Geocachers at a tiime. It will be our first foray into puzzle caches, so to speak, and so will call for lots and lots of patience. Imagine that, six Geocachers being patient together.

I look forward to being on a team, since I find it impossible to figure out puzzle caches. B)

I would like to see how other people think in order to figure those darn things out . . . :blink:

Yeah yeah....i've heard it before about the SC Cowboys and unusual caches. They had a (1/5) that they said a ladder was ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED.

Hogwash! (see my log)

Bring it on cowboys!

Just in case though....I'm available for any team-building. B)

--TT--

Cowboy fifteen cache is going to be an unusual  2/5 rating that cannot be scored by fewer than six Geocachers at a tiime. It will be our first foray into puzzle caches, so to speak, and so will call for lots and lots of patience. Imagine that, six Geocachers being patient together.

Yeah yeah....i've heard it before about the SC Cowboys and unusual caches. They had a (1/5) that they said a ladder was ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED.

Hogwash! (see my log)

Bring it on cowboys!

--TT--

Here's a sneak peek of $kimmer and Splashette going for the new cache!462082a7-a4a2-43ee-a124-56995e5bb62e.jpg

Cowboy fifteen cache is going to be an unusual  2/5 rating that cannot be scored by fewer than six Geocachers at a tiime.

So when should we start forming teams? B)

Hang on, it will be a while. Shoot we've had cowboy sixteen ready to place for a couple of months while waiting on my busted ankle.

Actually Carpenter from Hell and I just had a cowboy-fifteen design review not ten mnutes ago. He is laughin his head off on this one. Seems like a good idea to hide one of our remote motion-sensing cameras near cowboy fifteen just to watch the fun and games.

There's a thought, a combo puzzle/webcam cache. ... with snakes and mountain lions.

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Edited by SD Rowdies

Cowboy fifteen cache is going to be an unusual  2/5 rating that cannot be scored by fewer than six Geocachers at a tiime. It will be our first foray into puzzle caches, so to speak, and so will call for lots and lots of patience. Imagine that, six Geocachers being patient together.

Hogwash! (see my log)

Bring it on cowboys!

--TT--

Here's a sneak peek of $kimmer and Splashette going for the new cache!462082a7-a4a2-43ee-a124-56995e5bb62e.jpg

Holy croak, we'll pay thirty bucks just t' see a $kimmer & Splashette ski pyramid.

Yes, it's true, twice our ladder cache has been humbled by the likes of y'all. We didn't take into account that there were Geocaching primates out there.

By th' way TT, that would be "Brang it own cowboys."

Edited by SD Rowdies
I used to be able to water ski, and snow ski . . .

Right now I'm having trouble merely walking . . . B)

Sorry to hear that.....I was only joking!

But the new cache might require........sky diving..... :blink:

838ebe93-2af1-4294-b6ac-39f985eb43b4.jpg

Six people? What could require six people? C'mon people! Let's have some more ideas! :lol::(

Edited by TrailGators

Disclaimer: The foregoing dissertation does not in any way imply that I didn't appreciate the wonderful and tasty pineapple upside-down cake baked for me by the lovely lady and devoted mommy we all know and love as Pqmommy. B'less her little cake-bakin' heart.

Poor ol' Harmon

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Aw, shucks! B)