The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Those caches should be worth at least:  B)  B)  B)

The last one :D I did was long enough to support 3 caches!

So make it worth our while guys!  B)

You need to post that kind of comment to the "It's all about the numbers" thread. :D I thought the hike was a big part of what it is all about. :D

If you actually did one of these you might agree! ;)

Plus let's be honest! There is only one reason :D that anyone would go where no man has gone before! :wub:

Plus "hiking" isn't involved on these because hiking is something that you do on your feet! :blink:

Finally, I was only suggesting making these types into multi-cache adventures...what's wrong with that? :ph34r:

Edited by TrailGators

Anyone interested in some tunnel and drain exploration?

From PassingWind and DJollyMon's most recent offerings, its looking like the SD crowd likes tunnels, or at least tolerates 'em. I've looked into the SD Urban Exploring group but so far its lacking. There are lotsa underground spaces to explore and even spots for some new cache placements.

Who's in? (email might be best if this is too OT)

member_515822.jpeg

From PassingWind and DJollyMon's most recent offerings, its looking like the SD crowd likes tunnels, or at least tolerates 'em. I've looked into the SD Urban Exploring group but so far its lacking. There are lotsa underground spaces to explore and even spots for some new cache placements.

[snip]

I don't think it's too OT, it's actually the opposite! :ph34r: Anyhow, I'd be interested in exploring areas that six footers could stand up for most of the way! :wub:

BTW does REI sell kneepads and hardhats! :blink:

From PassingWind and DJollyMon's most recent offerings, its looking like the SD crowd likes tunnels, or at least tolerates 'em.  I've looked into the SD Urban Exploring group but so far its lacking.  There are lotsa underground spaces to explore and even spots for some new cache placements.

member_515822.jpeg

This would be fun!!!!!!Kep me posted. :ph34r::wub::blink:

Edited by smilinglady13

From PassingWind and DJollyMon's most recent offerings, its looking like the SD crowd likes tunnels, or at least tolerates 'em.  I've looked into the SD Urban Exploring group but so far its lacking.  There are lotsa underground spaces to explore and even spots for some new cache placements.

member_515822.jpeg

This would be fun!!!!!!Kep me posted. :ph34r::wub::blink:

Y'all gonna die! ... but I'll be right there with you.

member_515822.jpeg

This would be fun!!!!!!Kep me posted. ;):D:ph34r:

Y'all gonna die! ... but I'll be right there with you.

All that dyin talk again!!!!! dont ya know we are survivors???? We beat Snail Rock.........but barely........sigh..... :wub::blink:

member_515822.jpeg

I don't crawl through tunnels as much as I used to when I was a teenager but I would be up for it. I would probably look for kneepads if we do much crawling. I know my gf and a coworker would be up for it as well. My coworker wants me to make sure I take him to Indiana Ed’s Subterranean Cache when I do it.

Don't forget to add some of those new caches to your Below Ground in SD list.

hiding in tunnels AND your famous cammo? I will have to team up! ;)

"I don't think it's too OT, it's actually the opposite! Anyhow, I'd be interested in exploring areas that six footers could stand up for most of the way!"

Crawling for about 30 feet before the narrow chute turns and heads up hill is what you'll have to do to get The Womb. Don't worry about spiders, their webs or any other crawly things, they all caught a ride out with PassingWind! Don't forget that after crawling the 489 feet to get there, you have the same crawl backwards...no room to turn around unless you're Houdini. ;)

Only saw a storm drain at La Cucaracha Rio...

Edited by SM0KEY

PW to be perfectly honest, I am claustrophic!

I can't imagine crawling down a tunnel so small that you can't turnaround in it for 1.5 football fields each way...... ;)

It makes my skin crawl to even think about it.... ;)

Sorry dude but I won't be doing that one......

On a positive note, I did enjoy the Reverend Kane! :)

Edited by TrailGators

member_515822.jpeg

That sounds like big, scary fun! :);)

. . .  Anyhow, I'd be interested in exploring areas that six footers could stand up for most of the way!  :)

BTW does REI sell kneepads and hardhats!  :)

Indiana Ed's Subterranean Cache is one you can stand up in the entire distance, and you can see the "light at the end of the tunnel" when you enter.

It is very cool, literally, and look who we saw sleeping in it . . . ;)

6f1258ff-9c30-41e4-a03f-49b56ce00737.jpg

Isn't he cute . . . ;)

. . .  Anyhow, I'd be interested in exploring areas that six footers could stand up for most of the way!  :cry:

BTW does REI sell kneepads and hardhats!  ;)

Indiana Ed's Subterranean Cache is one you can stand up in the entire distance, and you can see the "light at the end of the tunnel" when you enter.

It is very cool, literally, and look who we saw sleeping in it . . . :)

6f1258ff-9c30-41e4-a03f-49b56ce00737.jpg

Isn't he cute . . . :)

I would like to do that one! ;)

I guess you missed seeing :) and <_< ? The photos were funny. But to be perfectly honest, I am claustrophic!

I can't imagine crawling down a tunnel so small that you can't turnaround in it for 1.5 football fields each way...... :)

It makes my skin crawl to even think about it.... ;)

Sorry dude but I won't be doing that one! On a positive note, I did enjoy the Reverend Kane! :)

I think we need to get a someone with a kid or a volunteer to do the crawling for all of us. :)

I seem to remember you wanting to remove a manhole cover while doing Reverend Kane... :)

member_515822.jpeg

More info please. We will likely do them, and wouldn't mind helping to set some up . . .

Ahhhhhhh, nothing like being inside an underground tunnel in a state known for having earthquakes. <_<

I keep hearing about that cache. Which one is it?

See for yourself.....(visit link) better tune-up that mustang.

Catching up on the forums since I've been busy with my new job.

My $.02: Criticism from cachers who haven't even done that cache... that's interesting. I will say that all the rumours about that one are completely untrue. There are more WP's than average, and less WP's than the Geneva Convention allows.

Happy Holidays!

Edited to remove improper inferments.

Edited by samiaminca
One other thing --- DON'T make a 50-stop multicache that consists of solely of film cans hidden in the bases of light posts!  :(

I keep hearing about that cache. Which one is it?

See for yourself.....(visit link) better tune-up that mustang.

Catching up on the forums since I've been busy with my new job.

My $.02: Criticism from cachers who haven't even done that cache... that's interesting. I will say that all the rumours about that one are completely untrue. There are more WP's than average, less WP's than the Geneva Convention allows, and we don't do film canisters.

Happy Holidays!

There was no connection expressed or implied to a certain cache that shall remain nameless. :P I was merely offering advice on how not to do a multi-cache. Any resemblance between said advice and any cache, real or fictional, is strictly unintentional and the author shall not be held responsible if the reader infers such a connection. :tired:

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer
There was no connection expressed or implied made to a certain cache that shall remain nameless.  I was merely offering advice on how not to do a multi-cache. Any resemblance between my advice and any cache, real or fictional, is strictly unintentional and the author shall not be held responsible if the reader infers such a connection.. 

No offense taken by any statements from the keyboard of LLOT, and no connection was infered from said statement. However I do acknowledge that such an inferment may be made, therefore we submit our formal apology for any infered inferments that may possibly be caused by my statments, and therefore do not hold LLOT responsible for what was infered.

Happy Holidays!

Edited: removed inappropriate inferments from said post.

Edited by samiaminca
I like Christmas Light displays even without caches. My plan is to go to that cache and then Clairemont, Rancho San Diego, and finally El Cajon to see the different displays (maybe even stop by Point Loma). If anyone knows any other good displays, I am always willing to add to my list. I am also willing to go back if others want someone to go with them to see the lights.

There's the area where Night Hunter lives. He had a cache there last year.

BTW, where is NH? Haven't heard anything from/about him for a while.

Edited: removed inappropriate inferments from said post.

Ahh, you didn't need to do that...no offense was taken by any comments or inferments. Any implication thereof was only in jest... :P

(Darn it! I need more powerful emoticons!)

So...changing the subject...

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh

Nice to know that B5 lives on...I'm thinking that there might be a cache idea in that quote... :(

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer
There's the area where Night Hunter lives.  He had a cache there last year.

BTW, where is NH?  Haven't heard anything from/about him for a while.

Just saw him about an hour ago near said archived cache .

Incidentally, it was not his cache; it was the Splashes, but N-H provided the tasty treats.

If you want to know why he has chosen to remain below the radar, you'll have to ask him yourself - over free kettle corn. Shsssh - you didn't hear it from me.

N32 51.575 W116 58.225, in Santee from dusk till 9:30p'ish till Xmas.

Edited by Chuy
Some of you older cachers might enjoy this[

Merry Christmas

Bless you Vagabond, finally I have the Christmas spirit. Santa as a lounge lizard is just too good to be true. I'll just go out on a limb and say that its the best gift I'll receive this year.

"I'm dreamin' of a whi-i-i-ite Chris'mas .... ooo, oo-w-a-h-h.

Merry Christmas to all!

Edited by SD Rowdies
. . . BTW, where is NH?  Haven't heard anything from/about him for a while.

P.T. and I got to see him yesterday. We did this cache. When he heard the radio message about people up on that hill, he thought it might be Geocachers, so took the "assignment." :lol:

We had a really nice visit with him before heading out to find a few more of his interesting "Stone Ruination" caches in the Dulzura area. :D

Some of you older cachers might enjoy this[

Merry Christmas

Bless you Vagabond, finally I have the Christmas spirit. Santa as a lounge lizard is just too good to be true. I'll just go out on a limb and say that its the best gift I'll receive this year.

"I'm dreamin' of a whi-i-i-ite Chris'mas .... ooo, oo-w-a-h-h.

Merry Christmas to all!

Ditto! Merry Christmas to all!! :lol: