Odd Logs

Kouros

I'm sure someone will Markwell me, but I figure it would be nice to read more recent comments about odd messages in logbooks they have found.

Mine's not really all that unusual, I guess, but it did strike as a little, um, unorthodox.

The cacher prior to me wrote that the cache was damp - fair enough, you might say, until you get to what they traded.

"Some of the contents are a little damp and we decided not to take anything. Left a chocolate drink sachet."

Nowt as queer as folk, I guess. What's your favourite odd log?

------

An it harm none, do what ye will

"Took nothing, left Anthrax"

That was mine, at a CD swap cache. I was later informed by the cache owner that the feds were called in to investigate. No kidding.

I once found a cache with a log entry for an accidental find. The guy said he'd been sitting and praying for a while on the log where it was hidden, and when he was done, he spotted the cache sitting there. That must have been an interesting experience.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

"Winter's just the curtain. Spring will take the bow"

-- Richard Shindell, Spring

From juvenile delinquents, who plundered the same cache four times (I've paraphrased and cleaned up the language):

We got your cache again and stole EVERYTHING, suckers. Left a dollar and a long distance phone card.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

"Took pencil, left nickel"

They didn't figure out that the pencil they signed the log with was really for the log...

Wherever you go there you are.

Kind of like the idiots that always trade for the pencil sharpener. icon_mad.gif

beatnik

I was transcribing a wet log book when I saw this entry.

"12/14/01

My huband found this cache during hunting season. He brought it home with him, before reading it. I read it and told him he had to return it. Nothing taken." (Following lined out by writer: "Put in a candy or to in case someone gets thirsty.") "Good luck to all of you, and have lots of fun. I did enjoy reading this log. We have no .com Jo & Dick

P.S. Put in a pencil took out the candy. My husband said it wasn't a good idea. Nice thought though."

The cache was returned 6 miles into the woods where it was inadvertantly taken.

icon_smile.gif

"When you find it, its always in the last place you look."

At Mix'ed Up Cache, the log entry just prior to ours..."Found by accident, thought it was drugs." No signature. We couldn't tell if they were concerned or disappointed about the drugs.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

I had one that said something like "cache was packed so full I had a really hard time fitting everything back inside. Took nothing, left a geocoin"

If it's that full, why not take something? And for heaven's sake don't add to it!

"An appeaser is one who keeps feeding a crocodile-hoping it will eat him last" -Winston Churchill

quote:
Originally posted by leatherman:

All logs posted by a, long winded, nut by the name of _Oregone_.

Go ahead. Bring up his profile and read some of his logs.

He's a little out there.

May I suggest It's Spring! TMI!! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

f~g

"Forty-two!" yelled Loonquawl. "Is that all you've got to show for seven and a half million years' work?"

quote:
Originally posted by flir~girl (Team WYSIWYG):

quote:

He's a little out there.

May I suggest ......

Need I say more!

quote:
Log by oregone.

I don't know what it is about motel rooms that make me want to be all naked all the time, but it's oddly comforting.

lauren and i play this game when we go to motels: when i'm in the shower, she does her best to hide somewhere in the room. Then, i rush out of the shower covered in lather yelling 'SOAPY BOY IS HERE!' in a Charlton Heston voice, find her immediately (not a lot of places to hide, you know), and then slide all over her making a big mess in the process. Then i jump back in the still-running shower, rinse off, then jump out and jump on her again yelling 'RINSY BOY IS HERE!' It's a really fun game, and i recommend it to all.

OMG I feel so tramatized...

eek2.gif

39197_2100.gif

Do not extend your expectations unto others, you will not be disappointed by the stupid things they do.

Mokita!

quote:

He's a little out there.

And when you meet him in person he's just like his logs. icon_eek.gif

smile02.gif We're all here, because we're not 'all there'.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't have shared that with you guys. But, it's just there whenever the name Oregone gets mentioned.....Acccckkk! icon_razz.gif I'll check about a group discount.

f~g

"Forty-two!" yelled Loonquawl. "Is that all you've got to show for seven and a half million years' work?"

[This message was edited by flir~girl (Team WYSIWYG) on April 02, 2003 at 02:13 PM.]

[This message was edited by flir~girl (Team WYSIWYG) on April 03, 2003 at 09:10 AM.]

Gee, THANKS folks. I have now visualized "soapy boy" and "rinsy boy" sprinting around a motel room. Hopefully not one of MY motel rooms.

I'm going to have to watch someone slaughter a pig to get that image out of my head!

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

quote:
Log by oregone.

I don't know what it is about motel rooms that make me want to be all naked all the time, but it's oddly comforting.

lauren and i play this game when we go to motels: when i'm in the shower, she does her best to hide somewhere in the room. Then, i rush out of the shower covered in lather yelling 'SOAPY BOY IS HERE!' in a Charlton Heston voice, find her immediately (not a lot of places to hide, you know), and then slide all over her making a big mess in the process. Then i jump back in the still-running shower, rinse off, then jump out and jump on her again yelling 'RINSY BOY IS HERE!' It's a really fun game, and i recommend it to all.

Well, normally I wouldn't, but since he invites me, I'm game if Lauren is.

I've never been lost, but I was a might bewildered for three days once. Daniel Boone

quote:
Originally posted by Beatnik:

And I thought being subjected to being in the same room as majicman was an experience.

beatnik

It IS! Being in the presence of the infamous "MAJICMAN" is like pure grace, flowing from the river of depth. (HUH?)

icon_biggrin.gif

--majicman

Here is one from a cache I have...

The Cache had a problem you need to be aware. It took me Quite a while to get it open. The cache is totally full and someone packed pencils in there in a straight up position. When I tried to unscrew the lid the pencils caught in the recess of the lid preventing it from opening. I had to bang around on it and finally just forced it open.

Not too bad, but when they finished up they put the pencils back in... why didn't you take them if it was such a problem?

Some things are lost, some left behind.

Some things are better left for someone else to find.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by flir~girl (Team WYSIWYG):

quote:

He's a little out there.

May I suggest ......

_Need I say more!_

quote:
Log by oregone.

_OMG I feel so tramatized..._

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/eek2.gif

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/39197_2100.gif

_Do not extend your expectations unto others, you will not be disappointed by the stupid things they do._

http://www.sigmaxi.org/amsci/articles/95articles/Hunt-full.html

Does she have a sister? If she looks anything like the picture that I saw posted by Oregone on the "Are You Famous?" thread, then I'd say he's lucky and very sane. If she does have a sister then I game for some Soapy Boy / Rinsy Boy action!!!

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

The greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....http://www.texasgeocaching.com

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

Does she have a sister? If she looks anything like the picture that I saw posted by Oregone on the "Are You Famous?" thread, then I'd say he's lucky and very sane. If she does have a sister then I game for some Soapy Boy / Rinsy Boy action!!!

Actually, the "I Love Oregon(e)" girl is not Lauren. I haven't met Lauren and have no idea what she looks like, but Oregone pointed out that she was a random girl from hotornot.com or somesuch. Still hot, but not Lauren.

Jamie

We found a note in a logbook in this cache which said something along the lines of "Found this by accident as we usually stash drugs here, we won't be using this place again".

We've also seen a sig line of "took logbook, left nothing".

Sam

~ Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own Canoe ~

~ We can't run away for ever ... but theres nothing wrong with getting a good head start ~

icon_smile.gif We had a cache called Craft's Crazy that was hidden out in the park in our backyard. It was in a bush area and was hidden real well. It went missing for almost like 10 months, I had it archived once we realised it was gone. Just about a month and a hlaf ago Trauma and his son found it alittle ways away from where it was.. recovered the logbook to realise that when they cleaned the old Rail road trail the people making it a trail to walk on had found it and signed it..

"Found your cache.. might need to replace it in another area as they is to be work done here." then they signed it. Very cool.. and glad we finally got our cache back.

Oh yeah, I forgot about this one. Back earlier this year my original Wallace Cache was returned!!! Tricky Pickups noticed it and realized hey this wasn't the current cache they were looking for and emailed me. I went to the cache site and found it a few feet away from the original location and here's the log made by the person who moved it:

Found it, Took a doll, left a magnet, changed location. Find before April 1,2003 or I'll put it back. signed The Phantom

Wierd!!!! April Fool's Joke I guess. Tricky Pickups foudn it April 20, 2003. The original location had been destroyed so thus cache being placed back a few feet away. I was really glad to get the logbook back as this was my very first cache planted. The original cache container is now at my Chism Cache in south Bellevue.