Geo-postcards. Want one?

I have a new cache series to be published soon. I was sending out a few geo-postcards.

If you cache regularly and would like one, LMK asap. I emailed about 10 forums regulars but only 4 replied. I would like to send a few more. I need your caching name and the destination GC# Are you game?

So far I have four traveling to Minnesota, Florida, Tennessee and Arizona.

Geo-post office info.

postcardso.jpg

Edited by Knight2000

I really like the idea of this. Maybe adding a Travel Bug number printed on the card would help track it?

I've got a TB postcard set up - Postcard from Kruger National Park - I laminated the whole postcard to secure the TB tag onto it. The first (completed) mission was Wales, UK to South Africa. Now Fish Eagle in SA has set the second mission for it and has laminated a second postcard - the two cards are travelling together towards the next recipient in USA.

MrsB

I have received some emails. And other info for future cards. I will save this information for any future cards that I may send.

The cards I sent were all laminated. If they don't get muggled or lost they should be in good shape.

If tracking codes were inexpensive that would be a nice option. I have no use for TB's, too overpriced for me. There was/is a site somewhere that offered free tracking codes. You wouldn't be permitted to post it here. I have a sigitem.com tracking page for our poker chips. I could have added some tracking codes to be tracked on that site. Next time I might do that...

We'll see what happens...

All of you can make your own cards and send them too! If someone makes one please send it to me @ GC1QXHT

I bought a Scotch laminator at Target for $27. ($25 @ walmart) It was $3 for twenty 4x6 laminator packs. That is what I put the postcards in. They all turned out nice.

I don't think the Geo-post office idea will get used a lot, but if more people start sending cards, they will eventually get moved.

Edited by Knight2000

I have received some emails. And other info for future cards. I will save this information for any future cards that I may send.

The cards I sent were all laminated. If they don't get muggled or lost they should be in good shape.

If tracking codes were inexpensive that would be a nice option. I have no use for TB's, too overpriced for me. There was/is a site somewhere that offered free tracking codes. You wouldn't be permitted to post it here. I have a sigitem.com tracking page for our poker chips. I could have added some tracking codes to be tracked on that site. Next time I might do that...

We'll see what happens...

All of you can make your own cards and send them too! If someone makes one please send it to me @ GC1QXHT

I bought a Scotch laminator at Target for $27. ($25 @ walmart) It was $3 for twenty 4x6 laminator packs. That is what I put the postcards in. They all turned out nice.

I don't think the Geo-post office idea will get used a lot, but if more people start sending cards, they will eventually get moved.

The next time I pick up a 5-pack of TB dog tags, I might have to send them out with a mission like this...

Our last event was a total success so I am sending out 7 new cards at our event on Saturday. These will have tracking codes from a site that gives free tracking codes although they aren't trackable on geocaching.com.

Unfortunately my wife or myself inadvertently deleted some of the emails that I thought I had regarding those who wanted geo-post cards.

The only cacher I have recorded that would like one is is SNSGKrieger. (PM will be sent shortly.)

Last time I put the cards in a cache and I think some are still there. I think the problem is we put out ammo cans and we packed them full of swag. I think it overwhelms people. Just a guess.

This time I am putting them out with other TB's at the event. I'm sure some will skip them because they don't get an icon/number though. :P

PM me ASAP if you want a post card. I need a GC ID also. Please only ask if you cache regularly as it will defeat the purpose if it gets to its destination in two years and you never pick it up.

Thanks!

All filled up. Thanks for playing. I may do this a third time. We'll see.

All 7 of these second batch are trackable via another web site that I don't think I can post here. If I don't/haven't sent out the tracking info within the next day, let me know.

I haven't heard of any of these moving but I'm sure they will start this weekend. Post here if you like to let folks know. I'd like to at least see one move. :mad:

I haven't heard of any of these moving but I'm sure they will start this weekend. Post here if you like to let folks know. I'd like to at least see one move. :mad:

Had never encountered this until someone resurrected your thread. Am looking forward to seeing if one actually makes it to Longmont. Thanks for the other link that described it in more detail.

Hey Knight2000,

What do you know about the one photo of the kids by the schoolhouse? I know that photo intimately. My ex has the original hanging in her kitchen. That schoolhouse was our first home in Phillipsburg, OH after we were married in '85. The lady next door to us came by one day and gave that photo to us. We've (my ex now) have kept it ever since. Wow, what a blast from the past!

M. Smith

Centerville, OH

School house on the postcard? I don't have the info in front of me but I think that is the #5 schoolhouse on Rogues' Hollow Road. It is still there but it is now a residence. It's possible that is is the old #5 which no longer exists. I'll try and check tomorrow.

Yeah, now that I look closer I see some details that I don't recall. The photo we had was almost identical though. Must be old timer's disease creeping in..

School house on the postcard? I don't have the info in front of me but I think that is the #5 schoolhouse on Rogues' Hollow Road. It is still there but it is now a residence. It's possible that is is the old #5 which no longer exists. I'll try and check tomorrow.

Yeah, now that I look closer I see some details that I don't recall. The photo we had was almost identical though. Must be old timer's disease creeping in..

Just as long as that wasn't you in the photo! :):(

It is the #5 in 1899. (Not the old #5).

I received an email from a cacher who had grabbed a card to move. They grabbed it from a cache 400 miles from where it started. I do not know who this card is going to but the host talked about taking it west. Maybe it is for GIDEON-X or Moose Mob.

If I do this again I will have each recipient grab their own traveler tag tracking number. The last I heard you only got 10 without charge and I used all 10 of mine up on a batch of cards. Doh!

I guess it isn't the GIDEON-X card. I just noticed that one has traveled the furthest and was in AZ a few months ago with almost 1900 logged miles. The next greatest logged mileage was a measly 60 miles...

I received an email from a cacher who had grabbed a card to move. They grabbed it from a cache 400 miles from where it started. I do not know who this card is going to but the host talked about taking it west. Maybe it is for GIDEON-X or Moose Mob.

If I do this again I will have each recipient grab their own traveler tag tracking number. The last I heard you only got 10 without charge and I used all 10 of mine up on a batch of cards. Doh!

I guess it isn't the GIDEON-X card. I just noticed that one has traveled the furthest and was in AZ a few months ago with almost 1900 logged miles. The next greatest logged mileage was a measly 60 miles...

How did you get the 10 traveler tag tracking numbers for free?

When I signed up they offered 10 free. It changes from time to time. This is not a Groundspeak project. You would do best to search for free traveler tag or just traveler tag.

You don't see them too often and items don't seem to get logged as much.

I had a log posted to the goal cache for my postcard back in early May:

"Your Post Card was put in GCqmqc ??????????"

And when I look at GCQMQC (in South Dakota),

"Placed a TBug Post Card on its way to Minneapolis from SC"

Oddly enough, neither that cache, nor mine have been logged since May 9. But anyway, its' getting close!

When I signed up they offered 10 free. It changes from time to time. This is not a Groundspeak project. You would do best to search for free traveler tag or just traveler tag.

You don't see them too often and items don't seem to get logged as much.

Are you referring to the 3rd party trackable site that came up as the 2nd hit on a Google search for "free traveler tag"?

Oddly enough, neither that cache, nor mine have been logged since May 9. But anyway, its' getting close!

Do you have a link? For some reason I don't seem to have that on my list. Maybe I have two accounts. It's been so long I don't remember.

Here is my list.

I think I may have committed a sin and moved a couple without logging. We have so much swag in some of our caches and no one seems to trade around here so I think lots of them get pushed aside because people don't know they move. I did move some that were in there a while. Once. I think. I'm getting older and more forgetful.

Do you have a link? For some reason I don't seem to have that on my list. Maybe I have two accounts. It's been so long I don't remember.

Here is my list.

I think I may have committed a sin and moved a couple without logging. We have so much swag in some of our caches and no one seems to trade around here so I think lots of them get pushed aside because people don't know they move. I did move some that were in there a while. Once. I think. I'm getting older and more forgetful.

A link to what? The target cache? That would be GC1M08V. But I don't see my card on the list you linked to. I also don't see it when I look for trackables using the zipcode of the town nearest to GCQMQC, so whoever dropped it there didn't log it, either.

A link to what? The target cache? That would be GC1M08V. But I don't see my card on the list you linked to. I also don't see it when I look for trackables using the zipcode of the town nearest to GCQMQC, so whoever dropped it there didn't log it, either.

I thought you might have had a travelertag tracking code/page. I guess I don't remember where the tracking codes are at. How did you know the card moved? Did the host email you when they moved it?

I'm a little slow.

I thought you might have had a travelertag tracking code/page. I guess I don't remember where the tracking codes are at. How did you know the card moved? Did the host email you when they moved it?

I'm a little slow.

I know that it moved because the person that dropped it into the cache in South Dakota also posted a note on my cache (the destination). Thats the first and only thing that I've heard about it.