Pocket Queries won't run

sprig68

This is why gc.com should use date time requested as the trigger for its count against the 5 PQ's per day. Anyone who requested PQ's yesterday and haven't received them will have them count against today when they do arrive. This may mean some people cannot get their normal Friday PQ's in time for the weekend.

A simple fix to a chronic problem.

I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else. My normal scheduled ones work fine, but any new ones don't work at all. Oddly, the "get found caches" query works just fine.

Aargh... I haven't gone caching in a long time, and the one time I decide to, it doesn't work... How discouraging.

Edit: I *may* have just found a way around the issue. I modified one of my old queries I had in my list and checked today. I actually received it in a couple minutes.

Edited by ackbar9722

I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else. My normal scheduled ones work fine, but any new ones don't work at all. Oddly, the "get found caches" query works just fine.

Aargh... I haven't gone caching in a long time, and the one time I decide to, it doesn't work... How discouraging.

Edit: I *may* have just found a way around the issue. I modified one of my old queries I had in my list and checked today. I actually received it in a couple minutes.

That worked for me THANKS!!!

That worked for me THANKS!!!

I'm trying that, but it doesn't look like it's working. The date on the modified query is still reading 10/03 after I ran it.

I'm trying that, but it doesn't look like it's working. The date on the modified query is still reading 10/03 after I ran it.

Worked for me too, but do so at a slower than normal pace. I walked away from it and after several minutes I got the email, which was a surprise! NOTE: I have not been able to duplicate this work around with a second altered PQ as of yet.

Worked for me too, but do so at a slower than normal pace. I walked away from it and after several minutes I got the email, which was a surprise! NOTE: I have not been able to duplicate this work around with a second altered PQ as of yet.

No, it is still sitting there at 10/03. I tried re-running it and no luck. There are two weird things I have noticed - 1) even though I select the "uncheck the day of the week after running" option, it's showing up in my PQ list with Friday still checked, and 2) when I went to re-run it, it had lost the waypoint # I was using as a center point, I had to re-enter it in. I don't know if #2 is normal, but I know #1 isn't.

Us too. WE ran 2 PQ's last night before bed expecting them to be waiting for us this morning - nothing. I reran them (changed the day from Thursday to Friday) and they're just sitting there. Not happening. Leaving for a trip in 2 hours and we want to be able to geocache! Please help! :laughing: HELLO - Groundspeak - are you listening???

Edited by Boy&Girl

:laughing: I have Regularly Schedudle PQ that runs every Friday....It didnot run... I ran one for this weekend for an out of town trip... It did not run...

My wife has run 2 last night about 2200hr (server time ie:10pm PST) and neither ran...

However a friend ran on yesterday AM and it ran...

Hope someone can help.

My normal new queries yesterday ran just before 1:00am Thursday morning as expected. Like everyone else, my Friday queries have not yet run. So I don't have any information that's different from prior posters. It appears that pocket queries quit running sometime on Thursday and are still not running.

Nudecacher

I'm in the same boat. Funny enough, my daily PQ ran at 7:10 this morning. It's usually the last one to run because it's scheduled every day. My other ones, including one I set up yesterday to run today that has never run, is not going. Hope Groundspeak is aware and working it. Does anyone know if they've been informed/asked?

Are these normal PQ's or Caches along a route PQ?

Mine is just a normal pocket query set to run only one time (on Friday). I have a normal pocket query which is set to run daily, but it hasn't run since Wednesday. I never know when that one is going to get here anyway, but normally, the new run only one time PQs run within a few minutes if not right away.

I'm running just a Normal PQ centered around an event (GeocoinFest), and a couple others of the surrounding area. We're always told to get PQ's early, and I've been waiting since yesterday evening, and they aren't running. If I don't get my PQ's, it looks like my weekend will be shot unless I can get one from someone else. i know you aren't supposed to do that, but at this point, I don't care. I'm not one to normally kick and scream about things, but this is rediculous. Why change something like PQ's when there is a MEGA event this weekend? It's not like i can turn to GSAK for some out of date data, since the location is not part of my local caching area. The code needs reverted back and these PQ's need to be run ASAP. :):P:)

I'm running just a Normal PQ centered around an event (GeocoinFest), and a couple others of the surrounding area. We're always told to get PQ's early, and I've been waiting since yesterday evening, and they aren't running. If I don't get my PQ's, it looks like my weekend will be shot unless I can get one from someone else. i know you aren't supposed to do that, but at this point, I don't care. I'm not one to normally kick and scream about things, but this is rediculous. Why change something like PQ's when there is a MEGA event this weekend? It's not like i can turn to GSAK for some out of date data, since the location is not part of my local caching area. The code needs reverted back and these PQ's need to be run ASAP. :P:) :)

:) It's the same for me this morning ,i've not received my pq's daily. What's up to do ?

I dont know the way to carry on? :)

(Musicien) Daniel & Simone

Is anyone at Groundspeak looking into this? I work in IT and and I know that Friday is NOT the day to expect anything to get done.

I'm getting ready to walk out the door for a weekend of caching and camping in Bardstown, KY, only now it won't be so much caching as I can't get the PQ to run. Even tried the copy thing with no luck. I won't have WiFi where I'm going.

Groundspeak? Anyone?

I'm in the same boat. Funny enough, my daily PQ ran at 7:10 this morning. It's usually the last one to run because it's scheduled every day. My other ones, including one I set up yesterday to run today that has never run, is not going. Hope Groundspeak is aware and working it. Does anyone know if they've been informed/asked?

Edited by two bison

I've attempted to run two different query's today and neither ran. One I tried this morning the other tonight. Is anyone else having problems.

I've had two queries set up for some time now. They run but have never given results even when I know there should be. Have tried editing them, they never work.

Yes, we're aware of the issue. The PQ generator is running full steam, just has a ton of PQ's left to generate. Don't worry, you'll get them.

-Raine

Thanks. This is the type of reply we need. We just need to know that something, anything is happening.

Hey, what happened here? This appeared twice. The first one froze at my end with some sort of timeout error and when I submitted it again without even editing it then it appeared twice. Hmmmmm.

PQs may be running, but it seems something's wrong with the engine. Why would edited PQs be running but brand new ones not? Why would a PQ that ran yesterday have run this morning, but a brand new one that never ran, and one that ran 2 days ago not run? Since priority is given to the ones that haven't run in the longest time, it would seem that the nevers would have run by now, but my Never run PQ has been sitting idle since last night. Sure there isn't something wrong with the engine that it's not running all the PQs?

Yes, we're aware of the issue. The PQ generator is running full steam, just has a ton of PQ's left to generate. Don't worry, you'll get them.

-Raine

Thanks. This is the type of reply we need. We just need to know that something, anything is happening.

Hey, what happened here? This appeared twice. The first one froze at my end with some sort of timeout error and when I submitted it again without even editing it then it appeared twice. Hmmmmm.

Ahh, the dreaded Double Post :)

What usually happens with that timeout is the post was actually submitted, but then timed out. Submitting again creates another posting. Don't submit it the second time.