Titanic Geocoins -

CinemaBoxers

They have no other choice but to wait. The time is way over PayPal's limits so they can't file a complaint against them. Each person as an individual has lost for the most part a small amount of money, so it's not wirth taking them to small claims court. The ones that bought a large amount of coins would probably have to file in their hometown (assuming here) but would still cost more in attorney fees than they probably have lost anyhow. No matter how you cut it, there is not much the consumer can do. I find it sad how some people still want to give them the nefit of the doubt, as if there is any doubt as to how porrly this entire buisness has been run. And to think Jim still wants to do buisness here with the same people that have gotten taken to the cleaners!

Ya, you're right..people don't have much recourse I guess. I just makes me so angry that the criminals have more rights and second chances than are afforded the rest of us.

Sorry if this is wrong but............i payed Geocoin Design.com $68.75 on the 21 June 2008.

I dont have any emails from these guys or have my coins....i have the confamation email etc to prove i payed.

Now all i see is this company has stolen my money and im now a little pi$$ed off.

Who has my money and who has my coins ?

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE UPDATE US.

Sorry if this is wrong but............i payed Geocoin Design.com $68.75 on the 21 June 2008.

I dont have any emails from these guys or have my coins....i have the confamation email etc to prove i payed.

Now all i see is this company has stolen my money and im now a little pi$$ed off.

Who has my money and who has my coins ?

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE UPDATE US.

According to Jim, you're supposed to jump through hoops if you want information. If you aren't getting emails, you need to jump through the "subscribing to my site" hoop (yes, I guess this is even if you're already a customer). If you're just the common public (I.E. a member of the community in whole), you don't deserve Jim's time and energy to be kept up to date and can just wait until he's good and ready to either post an update OR a new coin for sale! If this still doesn't make you happy, I guess you can send an email to Jim personally, but don't be surprised if Jim is just too darned busy patching his life back together to respond. :blink::D

Jim's business sense tell's him that he needs only answer to his loyal customers (not sure who those are)! And for heaven's sake, don't post any info unless Jim does or it'll upset him and you might be waiting longer. :ph34r:

This isn't being swept under the rug. Groundspeak is trying to help Jim get through this because they want you to have your coins. Why don't you contact Geocoin Guy (Jim) and ask him to please update us in here? I'm not sure what his delay is, only that he said the coins should be here by the end of the year.

To refresh everone's memory, here is the text of the letter:

"Here is a quick update on Geocoin Design & Titanics/Lady Lucks geocoins.

All the coins are produced and awaiting my payment for delivery. I have

been in contact with Bryan Roth at Groundspeak and we talked extensively

about the courses of action I have taken thus far to get these coins

delivered to you all. Groundspeak would like me to get back on my feet as

soon as possible as well and has offered help in the form of providing my

tracking numbers in advance (90 days same as cash). Additionally, we spoke

of the Groundspeak approved vendor list and both agreed that Geocoin Design

should be removed from the list while I am in transition.

I am getting my new bank accounts set up and my business license

established in the great state of Oregon - I don't know how long that

process takes, but I wouldn't think it would be any more than a few weeks.

I have one of two bank accounts established now, and have my paperwork

submitted for my state business operating license. I am on track right now

and things seem to be moving along smoothly for me.

Coins are moving through, just so you all know.. but I have to get them

processed in the order in which the contracts were established. Please

understand that most companies operate on a 'first in, first out' basis, and

Geocoin Design is no different. For those who aren't aware, I also produce

coins outside of the geocoin community. The first coin to go out after my

separation was the US NAVY Ball challenge coin. The US Navy had contracted

this coin back in April. Their event was held on October 10th, and their

coins arrived to them 2 days in advance. I know it was cutting it close -

but they got there.

The next coin that you all have seen is the personal coin of Jeremy Irish.

While I did post the coin on the Groundspeak Forum, there was no intention

of saying "Hey, looky what I got!" - that's just not the way I work. I

posted that coin to the forum because it was my way of telling all of you

that I have coins moving - and they are getting out. Of course, some of the

folks on the geocoin forum have a way of kicking people when they are down,

so I had the thread on Jeremy's coin closed. In hindsight, it was a bad

idea to announce Jeremy's personal coin. I have been in contact with Jeremy

and many apologies have gone his way about that.

So, I guess my point is, I am getting back in the groove of things here -

and I hope to get everyone taken care of in very short order.

On a very personal note to you all - I have received literally HUNDREDS of

emails from you after my last newsletter of gracious support and

understanding and I want you all to know that I really, really appreciate

it. I have shed many tears over the last month and your support letters

have been very kind. Thank you all very much!

I shall be keeping in touch.

Warm Regards,

Jim Collins

Geocoin Design"

My previous post was to keep people from adding gasoline to a bonfire, making people think the coins were being sold, when it wasn't these coins. I'm not sweeping this under the rug. He has 90 days to fulfill his obligation to Groundspeak. He should come in here himself and update you.

This isn't being swept under the rug. Groundspeak is trying to help Jim get through this because they want you to have your coins. Why don't you contact Geocoin Guy (Jim) and ask him to please update us in here? I'm not sure what his delay is, only that he said the coins should be here by the end of the year.

but they got there.

Warm Regards,

Jim Collins

Geocoin Design"

My previous post was to keep people from adding gasoline to a bonfire, making people think the coins were being sold, when it wasn't these coins. I'm not sweeping this under the rug. He has 90 days to fulfill his obligation to Groundspeak. He should come in here himself and update you.

I think where the problem is, Eartha, is where people who SHOULD be receiving updates aren't! Telling them to email Jim when Jim should be coming forward with weekly updates (and here, where he/they came to make the initial sales) seems like needing to jump through hoops. I've said it before and I'll say it again...customer service is free (only takes a few minutes to post an update) and is crucial if you want future business!

Actually he has said he won't be updating in here and you have to join his mailing list to get info. Then he says that info is confidential and is not to be posted here, clearly showing his intent is to avoid these forums with updates at all costs. After all this you still think emailing him and asking him to do his job will actually change his whole perspective on this? Furthermore, why should anyone here have to do anything more? Isn't paying for the coin the extent of their end? Shouldn't he be the one who should be doing more, and on his own?

I think another thing that leaves a sour taste is the fact that apparently Paula has given her coin collection to her daughter who is now selling it on Ebay. I know these aren't the coins that people are waiting on, but if they are going to be sold, they should be sold to pay for the coins people are waiting on.

i agree with you joni, and we don't know if they aren't being sold for that. nor do we know if they are being sold for survival. food on the table, electric bill etc.

i have a thought, possibly the ownership of the coins was transferred to paula's daughter to keep them from being liquidated by an outside agency.

i don't think paula's daughter is old enough to sell them on her own, but her grandmother is taking care of the business for her.

if there has been another newsletter, i haven't received it.

this is all just so sad.

rsg

Jim has stated he has taken resposibility of these coins. Let's not speculate on what the other half of this dissolved relationship is doing. Paula has walked away from this and isn't taking the responsibilty, Jim is.

Well if thats true.............hes not doing a good job of it.

And it has been 3 weeks since his last update.

I just want to mention, that I was told some time back that the AE coin collection was being sold to replace the money that was stollen in order to fulfill the remint obligation. One, that makes it pertinent to this discussion, and two, that is a fact that has now been proven untrue. That apparently now being a lie makes me wonder how much truth there could possibly be in anything else we are being told. Personally, I think a thief should spend time in jail and I have no sympathy for any of them. Thieves and liars all!

Censor that if you must Eartha, but if you do, you will be erasing the truth, and pertinent information to this whole situation.

I just want to mention, that I was told some time back that the AE coin collection was being sold to replace the money that was stollen in order to fulfill the remint obligation. One, that makes it pertinent to this discussion, and two, that is a fact that has now been proven untrue. That apparently now being a lie makes me wonder how much truth there could possibly be in anything else we are being told. Personally, I think a thief should spend time in jail and I have no sympathy for any of them. Thieves and liars all!

Censor that if you must Eartha, but if you do, you will be erasing the truth, and pertinent information to this whole situation.

The plot seems to have thickened?? Can you tell us who told you this and when, my friends?? Maybe the truth should be put out there so it can be addressed by Jim...if he chooses to bring everyone up to date! The more truth, the better so Jim can get it all straightened out?

Not getting any updates, seeing coins being sold which should have been used for other things and the insistance that you jump through hoops, I'm not liking the plot to this story at all! :laughing:;):rolleyes:

Dividing up property takes time. I do not visit the forums anymore, as my partnership in GeocoinDesign is nonexistant. However I wanted to step in and make a comment as my own motives and actions were being questioned.

Our coin collection was indeed divided up and will be sold to pay for the coins - this was an amicable and mutual decision between Jim and myself.

cache in hands post is entirely false - no one ever said the 'AE's alone would be sold to pay for the minting, and neither Jim nor I would have spoken to him about this. As far as I know, Jim doesnt know him, and I guarantee I have never spoken to him.

Over the past few weeks Jim and I have been dividing up ALL of our property to be sent to him where he is now. This has taken some time.

I no longer have any interest in the forums, or collecting personal coins and had given a LARGE number of coins even before this ever occured to my daughter as she collected. She is selling them now as she no longer has any interest in the coins or people.

Speculation is harmful and damaging when you don't know whats going on to get these coins taken care of, and they WILL be taken care of. Jim is doing everything he can, and we are working together to make sure everyones orders are filled as soon as possible. However, understand that when two people separate, its not as easy as just drawing a line and splitting property immediately. This is done now, and we can move forward.

All of our property division has been amicable, and to speculate on why I gifted coins to my daughter is nonsense - in the past shes sold coins from her collection to pay for random things and no one has questioned it. Only now are her coin sales speculated upon. Shes selling HER collection, simple as that.

Assuming or stating that I am not helping is also false, as many if not the large majority of coins in our personal collection were traded for my own designs and coins I was given as payment for design work. I am more than happy for the collection to be sold to take care of these coins - I no longer have interest in the hobby.

Understand that this has been a difficult situation for both of us, and we are getting through things as quickly as possible, and are remaining amicable to work on getting everything taken care of.

I will now remove myself from the discussion. Best wishes.

Edited to add - re: the sale of our collection. Jim got the responsibility of GeocoinDesign, but I have the responsibility of my kids. We agreed that these were both high priorities to split and sell the collection ASAP.

Edited by CinemaBoxers

Our coin collection was indeed divided up and will be sold to pay for the coins - this was an amicable and mutual decision between Jim and myself.

We agreed that these were both high priorities to split and sell the collection ASAP.

So is there an expected timeframe on each half being sold? It's sort of a fundraiser, huh? :laughing: Buy these coins, and you'll be helping to put a Titanic geocoin in a less fortunate person's pocket. Nice ring.

I'm sure you'd have tons of people knocking down your down to buy coins from you again. I mean, ya gotta have 1 of every AE/XLE out there, eh? :rolleyes:

Seriously though. All the money for these remints is gone. That's not hard to see. So one would speculate that selling each respective half of the collection is one of the most viable options to actually raise the thousands of dollars that have been "lost". I just hope the folks that stand in line for the AE handouts remember their lessons learned file and react WAY faster than last time.

TMA

Posted Nov 5th 2008.....

Not that this belongs in this thread...but to answer the speculation, Paula has given the majority of her coins to her daughter as she no longer wants them. I'm selling these coins for my grandaughter. And Cache in Hand, you already know it's not Paula selling these. I shipped and you received the Bigfoot coin you won in my auction last week.

--------------------

TheNumber1Bop

Posted Nov 10th 2008...

"I no longer have any interest in the forums, or collecting personal coins and had given a LARGE number of coins even before this ever occured to my daughter as she collected. She is selling them now as she no longer has any interest in the coins or people.

Our coin collection was indeed divided up and will be sold to pay for the coins - this was an amicable and mutual decision between Jim and myself."

All posted right here on this thread.

1.) Paula has given all her coins to her daughter since she is no longer interested in them (or) Our coin collection was divided up and will be sold to pay for the coins.

Which one is it?

2.)"Our coin collection was indeed divided up and will be sold to pay for the coins - this was an amicable and mutual decision between Jim and myself.

cache in hands post is entirely false - no one ever said the 'AE's alone would be sold to pay for the minting"

So are the coins being sold to pay for the minting or are they being sold for other purposes?

Both questions have already been contradicted right here in this very thread, so I ask... Is the coin collection being sold to honor the remint obligation and if so, when will the reminted coins be delivered. 2 very simple answers will suffice.

Edited by cache_in_hand

From seeing this thread and some others by the same company, I have learned that no matter when you think you know what they said, they change it on you.

Paula says the coins were divided up and were to be sold to pay for the thousands in dollars that was spent, and then two sentences later she says she has no interest in them so she gave them to her kid to sell for toys and things kids want!?!?! Where are your priorities or ethics? Do you even care about the people you took advantage of? YOU should be selling these coins to give people their money back or buy the coins from the mint to deliver them. You sure did have an interest in coins when you took their money and blew it on things you wanted. Now you just throw your arms up and say you don't have an interst in coins. WOW! Such integrity.

TheNumber1Bop claims to be Paula's mom, and claimed to be to old and unkowledgable about eBay to sell coins there so had Paula do them. Now she is selling them for her granddaughter, who was gifted them by Paula who no longer is interested in coins. Am I the only one who finds this change of story a little hard to believe. If that was my daughter and I saw these things, I would probably take her to the woodshed, but at least I would make her sell the coins for the people she stole from. I would not come in here sell coins on eBay for another family member and act like this is OK to do. Talk about the apple not falling far from the tree.

It sure will ne nice when this is all cleared up and everyone has their coins in hand. I still find it funny how this company claims their wish is to remain here making coins in the future! That one cracks me up.

From seeing this thread and some others by the same company, I have learned that no matter when you think you know what they said, they change it on you.

Paula says the coins were divided up and were to be sold to pay for the thousands in dollars that was spent, and then two sentences later she says she has no interest in them so she gave them to her kid to sell for toys and things kids want!?!?! Where are your priorities or ethics? Do you even care about the people you took advantage of? YOU should be selling these coins to give people their money back or buy the coins from the mint to deliver them. You sure did have an interest in coins when you took their money and blew it on things you wanted. Now you just throw your arms up and say you don't have an interst in coins. WOW! Such integrity.

TheNumber1Bop claims to be Paula's mom, and claimed to be to old and unkowledgable about eBay to sell coins there so had Paula do them. Now she is selling them for her granddaughter, who was gifted them by Paula who no longer is interested in coins. Am I the only one who finds this change of story a little hard to believe. If that was my daughter and I saw these things, I would probably take her to the woodshed, but at least I would make her sell the coins for the people she stole from. I would not come in here sell coins on eBay for another family member and act like this is OK to do. Talk about the apple not falling far from the tree.

It sure will ne nice when this is all cleared up and everyone has their coins in hand. I still find it funny how this company claims their wish is to remain here making coins in the future! That one cracks me up.

Some SoCal coins were delivered today, I saw the news in the "mailbox" thread!! Maybe things are finally coming around??

Still watching... :laughing:

From reading all the different 'stories' as responses and excuse after excuse I would not be surprised if the coins that were paid for never end up being delivered.

I do not see how, after all of this, that they or one of them, would be able to even due any more coins in the future. I think their reputation is tarnished beyond repair.

We agreed that these were both high priorities to split and sell the collection ASAP.

So is there an expected timeframe on each half being sold? It's sort of a fundraiser, huh? :) Buy these coins, and you'll be helping to put a Titanic geocoin in a less fortunate person's pocket. Nice ring.

I'm sure you'd have tons of people knocking down your down to buy coins from you again. I mean, ya gotta have 1 of every AE/XLE out there, eh? :)

Seriously though. All the money for these remints is gone. That's not hard to see. So one would speculate that selling each respective half of the collection is one of the most viable options to actually raise the thousands of dollars that have been "lost". I just hope the folks that stand in line for the AE handouts remember their lessons learned file and react WAY faster than last time.

TMA

Interestingly, another viable option could have been to send each person coins from the collection for them to sell and recoup their money, or a portion thereof if they were to chose to do so. Or at least to be able to trade for something else. Never a consideration though. I sure hope my good name never falls below the value of doing what is right. The easiest things to lose are the ones most difficult to ever regain.

I do not see how, after all of this, that they or one of them, would be able to even due any more coins in the future. I think their reputation is tarnished beyond repair.

Jim has claimed he wishes to continue making coins and running the buisness of GeoCoin Designs. Don't be surprised. I just saw someone else trying to defend them but saying something about maybe they were using the money on survival needs. Not sure how you live but if I went through about $8,000 in one month, it surely would have been alot more than survival that I was spending my money one.

Maybe he thinks if he doesn't answer anything here it will just all go away like a bad dream. At least it will be swept under the rug and once he delivers the coins, IF he delivers them. Then he will be the man who saved the company. Who knows since all we can do is guess since the man behind the company refuses to be the man willing to stand up for the company with an update of any sorts. That is an update since the top secret highly classified confidential newsletter he sent out filled with a bunch of personal drama that served no purpose other than to try to illicit some type of compassion from a group of people who have been basically robbed through his company.

I wouldn't be shocked if people actually bought coins off them in the future though. New people don't have a clue as to what happened in the past and too few people are willing to stick their necks out to be honest and try to protect them. The forums through their "be nice" attitude does more harm than good in the long run. The truth hurts short term, but allows us to grow and learn. Seems we are more worried about attacking the people who call people out than to listen to why someone is being called out.

So is there an expected timeframe on each half being sold? It's sort of a fundraiser, huh? :unsure: Buy these coins, and you'll be helping to put a Titanic geocoin in a less fortunate person's pocket. Nice ring.

I'm sure you'd have tons of people knocking down your down to buy coins from you again. I mean, ya gotta have 1 of every AE/XLE out there, eh? :P

TMA

Interestingly, another viable option could have been to send each person coins from the collection for them to sell and recoup their money, or a portion thereof if they were to chose to do so. Or at least to be able to trade for something else. Never a consideration though. I sure hope my good name never falls below the value of doing what is right. The easiest things to lose are the ones most difficult to ever regain.

Wouldn't that make sense? And wouldn't that option have not brought in money :D

Not sure how you live but if I went through about $8,000 in one month, it surely would have been alot more than survival that I was spending my money one.

Then you've never hired an attorney! :P

You're assuming that this is where the money went. We have no clue as nothing was ever explained clearly as to what happened to ALL or ANY of the money that they received with this remint and the Lady Luck remint. And there are still no updates as to where the coins are and if some of the geocoin collection that went to Jim is to be sold off to raise money to replace the money that they used in a fraudulent way. Even if the money supposedly went to a lawyer it wasn't their money to use that way. Groundspeak has even stepped in to 'lend' them the tracking codes so people can get their coins. Still no updates. 3 weeks is plenty of time to say something and give a progress report of somekind. Or is this all a big scam to lead us on and hope that one day we will all forget about it and it will all go away and they would have gotten away with stealing our money. That exactly what it is stealing if you do not supply the end product promised.

I see that Jim is selling some of his personal geocoins on ebay to help pay for the Titanics and Lady Lucks. Unless he has more to list I don't see how these few will generate enough money.

It looks like a few of them sold for pretty good money. However, I also hope that he has more to sell since this is only a drop in the bucket for what is probably owed to the mint.

Anyone heard of an update?

There was an email newsletter update Geocoin Design on November 17th basically just stating that Jim and Paula had divided up their geocoin collection and that he was listing his on ebay to raise funds to pay for the coins and that it will take some time. More time?? :);)

I just find it funny (in the strange sense of the word) that people are bidding on the auctions and giving him more money when the money that was already taken from all of us (the customers) was suppose to pay for the coins in the first place. Are there any assurances that this money will indeed go for paying the coins?

Edited by PengoFamily

I just find it funny (in the strange sense of the word) that people are bidding on the auctions and giving him more money when the money that was already taken from all of us (the customers) was suppose to pay for the coins in the first place. Are there any assurances that this money will indeed go for paying the coins?

I feel the same way. There were a few coins there that I would have liked to have but decided not to bid because it just felt wrong.....

I'm glad someone besides me said it. Because everyone just blames me for being harsh. That family (since no one will own up to personally stealing the money) stole from all of you. But yet, you'll gladly fork over more money to help them out. It's not gonna get your Titanic coins minted. Are you serious? You'll be lucky to get the coins you paid for on Ebay even. I just don't get people. Slam them in the head and steal their money, and then ask for more. They'll be back to pay it, guaranteed. People just can't live without the coins, even if they support crooks.

TMA

I'm glad someone besides me said it. Because everyone just blames me for being harsh. That family (since no one will own up to personally stealing the money) stole from all of you. But yet, you'll gladly fork over more money to help them out. It's not gonna get your Titanic coins minted. Are you serious? You'll be lucky to get the coins you paid for on Ebay even. I just don't get people. Slam them in the head and steal their money, and then ask for more. They'll be back to pay it, guaranteed. People just can't live without the coins, even if they support crooks.

TMA

AMEN! Well said.....

TMA

:D:D

Jim recently sent out an email which basically said nothing new, other than to promote his eBay sales of course. For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would give him more money when his track record is by far the worst we have ever seen here. I find it pretty funny that he says he has received HUNDREDS of well wishes. I would bet that number is well less than that based on what I have read here. Here's the letter for ALL to read...

"To All Geocoin Design Customers:

Just wanted to write you all a quick note to let you know that throughout this difficult time, Paula and I have come to some terms concerning the division of property, including our extensive coin collection. This is relevant because I am liquidating my share to fund the projects I am taking responsibility for. Therefore, for those of you who collect, please check out my auctions on eBay under my new account name (link provided below). I hope to have everything taken care of a bit more rapidly, but again, all this takes some time. I have received literally hundreds of well wishes, and more come in to me every day - and I really appreciate the help and encouragement.

Although I have no feedback as of yet, you can expect rapid responses and shipping from me as a eBay Business account holder. Here's the link: (link removed as to not promote a sale which could result in a futher loss by this community's members)

Thanks again for all the support.

Regards,

Jim Collins

Geocoin Design"

Futhermore he went to the extreme of adding some bogus tagline to the bottom of the email. He is trying to use U.S.C. Sec. 2510-252 as to keep people from updating this community. This provision is basically to keep ISPs and the government to keep from intercepting your emails. It has nothing to do with posting a newsletter from a company being sent to their customers from being published in a forum.

The lengths Jim is willing to go to just to keep this community in the dark about what is happening speaks even larger volumes about his ethics and character. He claims how he is trying so hard to make things right, then won't update anyone here. He claims he wants to continue a professional working relationship here into the future, then does everything including trying to intimidate others from letting anyone know what is going on.

I thought it was bad when everyone got ripped off. I thought it was worse when we couldn't get updates here. I was amazed when I saw his lame attempt at scaring people into not reposting the newsletter here for ALL the customers to see what was going on. Clearly he has shown time and time again his refusal to address anything here, even when Eartha and others has pointedly asked for an update. As I said before I will continue to update with anything I can, and if he doesn't like that, he can sue me under U.S.C. Sec. 2510-252. :laughing:

Jim recently sent out an email which basically said nothing new, other than to promote his eBay sales of course. For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would give him more money when his track record is by far the worst we have ever seen here. I find it pretty funny that he says he has received HUNDREDS of well wishes. I would bet that number is well less than that based on what I have read here. Here's the letter for ALL to read...

"To All Geocoin Design Customers:

Just wanted to write you all a quick note to let you know that throughout this difficult time, Paula and I have come to some terms concerning the division of property, including our extensive coin collection. This is relevant because I am liquidating my share to fund the projects I am taking responsibility for. Therefore, for those of you who collect, please check out my auctions on eBay under my new account name (link provided below). I hope to have everything taken care of a bit more rapidly, but again, all this takes some time. I have received literally hundreds of well wishes, and more come in to me every day - and I really appreciate the help and encouragement.

Although I have no feedback as of yet, you can expect rapid responses and shipping from me as a eBay Business account holder. Here's the link: (link removed as to not promote a sale which could result in a futher loss by this community's members)

Thanks again for all the support.

Regards,

Jim Collins

Geocoin Design"

Futhermore he went to the extreme of adding some bogus tagline to the bottom of the email. He is trying to use U.S.C. Sec. 2510-252 as to keep people from updating this community. This provision is basically to keep ISPs and the government to keep from intercepting your emails. It has nothing to do with posting a newsletter from a company being sent to their customers from being published in a forum.

The lengths Jim is willing to go to just to keep this community in the dark about what is happening speaks even larger volumes about his ethics and character. He claims how he is trying so hard to make things right, then won't update anyone here. He claims he wants to continue a professional working relationship here into the future, then does everything including trying to intimidate others from letting anyone know what is going on.

I thought it was bad when everyone got ripped off. I thought it was worse when we couldn't get updates here. I was amazed when I saw his lame attempt at scaring people into not reposting the newsletter here for ALL the customers to see what was going on. Clearly he has shown time and time again his refusal to address anything here, even when Eartha and others has pointedly asked for an update. As I said before I will continue to update with anything I can, and if he doesn't like that, he can sue me under U.S.C. Sec. 2510-252. :D

THANKS for the update, wish it would've come straight from the horse's mouth (instead of the manure I see he sent out to his "customers"). I do wish Jim all the best...in life! I don't, however, support or have interest in any business he is "trying" to do here...that ship sailed long ago!

The intimidation is disheartening, wouldn't it be better to just post updatews than to make yourself look even worse?? Come on Jim, let's get real with the situation and stop hiding like a thief in the night!

One other thing that bothers me...why give Paula any of the coins? Why shouldn't she also bear the brunt of raising the money (which shouldn't need raised to begin with???) to get these coins made (if that's actually what's going on)? What a wacky world some must live in?

You know people, all we truly have is our word in the end. I know I'm no saint, none of us are, but I will do my very best to make right ANY situation where I might have dropped the ball just as I suppose most would. What is it with some who think hiding behind the screen protects them, allows them to rob, cheat or swindle people they want to call "FRIENDS"?

THANKS for looking out for the community my friend! While I don't have much, I would sell all I could to help with any lawyer fees you may need for posting against Jim's wishes! :D :D :laughing::D

Hm.

It's distressing to find out that one or another of the Geocoin Design team took the pre-order money and spent it. I've always loved the work that they put out, and always looked forward to new designs from Paula. Always got the coins I ordered, too, but apparently this happened before the meltdown.

That being said, I have a suggestion: spent all the money that people gave you? Get a loan.

Yes, I know that that's easier said than done, and I freely admit that I don't know what's going on with their situation. However, I firmly believe that the obligations to the customers should be met FIRST. Put it on a credit card, take out a loan, do whatever you need to do (without asking your customers for more money) and take care of the people with whom you have a contract. Because otherwise people may justifiably make legal complaints (for fraud and theft) that will land you in a lot more trouble and make things even worse. Get them off your back first, then raise money to pay off the loan, credit cards, etc.

Maybe that's just me, tho.

Having said that, I certainly wish Jim & Paula the best with their lives, and best wishes on getting their lives back in order. It's a pity that their business crashed so horribly, because I really did like Paula's designs a lot.

Hm.

It's distressing to find out that one or another of the Geocoin Design team took the pre-order money and spent it. I've always loved the work that they put out, and always looked forward to new designs from Paula. Always got the coins I ordered, too, but apparently this happened before the meltdown.

That being said, I have a suggestion: spent all the money that people gave you? Get a loan.

Yes, I know that that's easier said than done, and I freely admit that I don't know what's going on with their situation. However, I firmly believe that the obligations to the customers should be met FIRST. Put it on a credit card, take out a loan, do whatever you need to do (without asking your customers for more money) and take care of the people with whom you have a contract. Because otherwise people may justifiably make legal complaints (for fraud and theft) that will land you in a lot more trouble and make things even worse. Get them off your back first, then raise money to pay off the loan, credit cards, etc.

Maybe that's just me, tho.

Having said that, I certainly wish Jim & Paula the best with their lives, and best wishes on getting their lives back in order. It's a pity that their business crashed so horribly, because I really did like Paula's designs a lot.

Getting a loan or putting it on a credit card would be a great idea, but generally people who practice the "fiscal irresponsibility" that Jim alluded to earlier aren't credit worthy.

Updating the people here doesn't cost anything. That's free and he is not willing to put forth the effort of typing a few letters on the keyboard. What makes anyone think he is going to actually do any type of work to get the money for the coins?

The only thing we have seen from him is his willingness to avoid the forums and people who he owes, lip service, continuing to tell us how good his word is, and attempts to sell more coins which we are suppose to "trust" him that the money will be going to pay for the coins that were already paid for once. Frankly at this point I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. I mean how can you. You would have to be a fool to buy anything from him at this point.

I noticed in the DragonFly thread they are filing complaints with the BBB, which in this case you would have to figure out which office of the BBB to file with.

They are also filing complaints with the IC3, which is the Internet Crime Complaint Center. I would suggest anybody who has paid for these re-mints to file a complaint, and let there be an investigation.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Getting a loan or putting it on a credit card would be a great idea, but generally people who practice the "fiscal irresponsibility" that Jim alluded to earlier aren't credit worthy.

That could very well be true -- the problem is, we just don't know what the whole situation was. And not that it would help if the sellers came on the board and explained it, because it'd just be an excuse: people provided money in exchange for a product and didn't receive the product. Both Jim & Paula have really opened themselves up to real legal problems that could make any financial problems they've had so far seem extremely mild.

I am going to report this to the Better Business people as this is getting stupid. No updates when promised and they still have my money. I am sorry they are getting divorced but my money is for a coin not to pay legal fees or stuff like that.

I want my full money back or my coins as Jim did say they were all good to go. This is getting sad now.

Edited by Brentford FC

but they got there.

Warm Regards,

Jim Collins

Geocoin Design"

SO what do you do when he does not reply to you - This has gone on long enough now - it is about time Groundspeak sorted this mess out. We have paid and not recieved our goods. I do not care about how much it costs I will sue if I have to - The little people need to be heard.

Edited by Brentford FC