Titanic Geocoins -

CinemaBoxers

Geocoin Design

proudly presents the

"TITANIC"

Geocoin

AVAILABLE NOW

This coin comes from my own personal love of the history of the Titanic and the amazing discovery of its 'remains' after so many years.

FEATURING 3D UNDER ENAMEL to create a 'Shipwreck' look.

Click HERE to purchase!

titanicfb.jpg

One side of the coin features RMS Titanic sailing on her Maiden Voyage, while the reverse shows the Titanic as it appears now, underwater - in 3D with translucent enamel to give the illusion of water.

The ULTIMATE find - the Titanic sat undiscovered for many years, until it was finally discovered in 1985.

The front of the coin also features many details UNDER enamel, and the details on the reverse are also 'Titanic themed' - the scrollwork is from the doors that separated the Grand Staircase from the First Class Dining Hall.

Coin

specifications:

1.75" Die cut coin

Translucent Imitation Hard Enamels

FEATURING 3D UNDER ENAMEL for a WATER effect!!!

Custom

Icons

The initial run consists of 350 coins with an entire run of up to

750 total

possible.

The initial breakdowns are as follows:

Satin Silver LE 50

Antique Silver Daytime 75

Antique Gold Daytime 75

Antique Silver Nighttime 75

Antique Gold Nighttime 75

The regular edition coins will be priced at $10.00 USD

The LE will NOT be reminted.

Designed and minted by

GeocoinDesign

As a note to our customers - we have had delays on remint orders (Claddagh/Cats) due to GW6 mint orders and also due to the effects we requested. We received samples that were not of the quality we wanted for the remint items, and they are currently IN production. Watch the Forum threads, or our Webstore for updates.

You WILL receive an email when the items are in stock and ship.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

And.. as usual - the photos DO NOT do the coins justice. These are incredible in person - the photos look great, but the depth of the 3D side and the details UNDER the enamel on the front simply can not show in the photos. The gold is my personal favorite... but the details show so well with it. (My mom prefers the brightness of the silver. LOL)

Edited by CinemaBoxers

Nice job on these. I saw the pathtag about a few weeks ago (not realizing it was yours) and thought - wow! But these coins look amazing in the pictures - I can't wait to see them in my hands. I had to go with the silver and satin silver though - I really thought they popped visually. And it's strange for me because I tend to lean toward gold most of the time....oh well, guess my collection will be a bit more well-rounded with this new addition.

Thanks Paula!! :)

I just saw this thread and went to purchase some coins and already the LE's were gone gone gone (four hours after the original announcement)! Great job on these designs. I did get some of each of the remaining 4 variations. I've always been intrigued by the Titanic story and actually found Titanic related newspapers buried inside my walls during renovations a few years back. Very moving. I love the underwater effect but am starting to hate this forum. There are just too many talented artists here for my budget and I can't keep up - - - though I'll sheepishly admit I am having fun trying :)

I just saw this thread and went to purchase some coins and already the LE's were gone gone gone (four hours after the original announcement)! Great job on these designs. I did get some of each of the remaining 4 variations. I've always been intrigued by the Titanic story and actually found Titanic related newspapers buried inside my walls during renovations a few years back. Very moving. I love the underwater effect but am starting to hate this forum. There are just too many talented artists here for my budget and I can't keep up - - - though I'll sheepishly admit I am having fun trying :)

They barely lasted half an hour! I got the last one at 6:37 (local time). That's only 31 minutes after the original post! I'm just glad I logged on when I got home from work. I got the newsletter yesterday, then promptly forgot about it :(

Good job Paula! But can you slow down please? My wife is threatening to try and equal my geocoin spending with scrapbooking purchases.

They barely lasted half an hour! I got the last one at 6:37 (local time). That's only 31 minutes after the original post! I'm just glad I logged on when I got home from work. I got the newsletter yesterday, then promptly forgot about it :(

Good job Paula! But can you slow down please? My wife is threatening to try and equal my geocoin spending with scrapbooking purchases.

Sounds like a good deal to me? LOL

I just saw this thread and went to purchase some coins and already the LE's were gone gone gone (four hours after the original announcement)! Great job on these designs. I did get some of each of the remaining 4 variations. I've always been intrigued by the Titanic story and actually found Titanic related newspapers buried inside my walls during renovations a few years back. Very moving. I love the underwater effect but am starting to hate this forum. There are just too many talented artists here for my budget and I can't keep up - - - though I'll sheepishly admit I am having fun trying :(

They barely lasted half an hour! I got the last one at 6:37 (local time). That's only 31 minutes after the original post! I'm just glad I logged on when I got home from work. I got the newsletter yesterday, then promptly forgot about it :)

Sounds like a good deal to me? LOL

Equal amounts between geocoins and scrapbooking isn't right. I think it should be a rule in every household that coins always get at least double what the other interests might be. That's fair :)

I received my Titanic coins. I'm very impressed with the design of the "underwater" side, though I wish the gold coins showed up better. In the silver versions, the light reflects through the enamel, bounces off the silver and then back out again, showing just enough detail in the wreck to give you a "WOW" factor. The gold is just a little too dark of a metal to do this unless you hold the coin up to very bright light. Under normal house lighting, you pretty much don't see the wreck at all and that is a shame because I believe this coin has expanded the design standards and showed great ingenuity.

The front of the coins are tastefully done, though I don't know if the day/night versions were really all that necessary. they are so close in color that if I were to hand one version or the other to someone who had never seen them and asked if this was a "day" or a "night" coin, that I would only get guessed answers.

The basic premise of these designs are sound and I hope that my crticisms are not taken in offense. As stated above, I believe them to be an important contribution to the community and hope to see other coin designers expand on what has been accomplished in Titanic.

Edited by nashuan

Nice job on these. I saw the pathtag about a few weeks ago (not realizing it was yours) and thought - wow!

Just a note...the Titanic pathtag was mine! ;) Art done by Team Lareau

Oh hey, sorry about that. They looked so much alike to me that I incorrectly assumed that they were the same design. Your pathtag is cool. :ph34r:

"The initial run consists of 350 coins with an entire run of up to

750 total possible."

Does that mean there is a possibility of more coins being minted? (fingers crossed)

That was my impression when I bought my coins.

We always leave the option for a remint possible when we put a coin up for sale. When we have a firm delivery date on the "Cat got your cache" and "Claddagh" remints, we will offer this "Titanic" coin along with another very special 'surprise' remint offering.

~J