Funny Geocaching Slogans

"Getting sane people to walk in circles and talk to themselves since 2000."

Great quote! I'm going to use it on a label for muffins that we are giving away at a 10 years of geocaching event we're holding next weekend! :blink:

I tossed that one in because, well, that's what happened to me. I figured somebody would get it. It feels good to know someone did.

Nobody's mentioned the "walking into spiderwebs" one, though. Is it because other places don't have as many spiders, or because it's just a really old song? Gwen was the Lady Gaga of her day. Odd coincidence: her name's Stefani, too.

YOU KNOW IF YOUR A GEOCACHER IF.....

you find yourself wading hip deep in "poison plants", its 97 degrees, your gps says you you have 350' to go and your wearing shorts, and flip flops. .........3 weeks later the poison ivy soars went away........on the entire family.

I chuckle as I read this, putting anti-itch lotion all over my body from the poison ivy I got last week end, as I am planning our trip caching tomorrow. What's a little poison ivy? I like the quote, "Leaves of three, let it be. But sometimes, the cache is worth the rash!"

A few people mentioned the bomb squad. apparently someone reported a threat in Colorado Springs today and the squad blew the cache up to be safe. well at least there is one less for us to have to find. guess we can take a day off. :)

:) Ohmygosh that was so funny it made me laugh so hard I did a trible boo-boo, sprayed my monitor with coffee, got a stomach ache laughing so hard and wet myself to boot. Geesh, deep breath here! Thanks for the post! :D:):)

A few of these relate to specific caches, but they may make sense to some...

"Sometimes an owl is just an owl. And sometimes it's a cache. But usually, it's just an owl."

(we were doing a cache in Warren, PA (for GWIX) and the cache was along a guardrail next to a fake owl. One member of our caching team picked up the owl 4 or 5 times to make sure the owl wasn't the cache. :D)

Sometimes it is about the numbers - the number of mosquito bites, the number of dollars spent on calamine/anti-ivy/after bite, the number of ER visits, the number of memories

(about a new Ontario reviewer, Cache Shadow, whose identity is still unknown...) "And only the Shadow knows for sure..."

Geocaching: thanks to micros, even your grandma can do it!

A few of these relate to specific caches, but they may make sense to some...

"Sometimes an owl is just an owl. And sometimes it's a cache. But usually, it's just an owl."

(we were doing a cache in Warren, PA (for GWIX) and the cache was along a guardrail next to a fake owl. One member of our caching team picked up the owl 4 or 5 times to make sure the owl wasn't the cache. :D)

Sometimes it is about the numbers - the number of mosquito bites, the number of dollars spent on calamine/anti-ivy/after bite, the number of ER visits, the number of memories

(about a new Ontario reviewer, Cache Shadow, whose identity is still unknown...) "And only the Shadow knows for sure..."

Geocaching: thanks to micros, even your grandma can do it!

The number of ticks I picked off your jeans vs. the number of ticks you picked off of mine