Sign in to follow this  
Followers 20
GeodeHunters

Funny Geocaching Slogans

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. My team - the Beeperz - and I love Team Rocket, though, so that might explain why this popped immediately into my head.

"Gotta cache them all!"

tupperware can run but it can't hide.

Shouldn't it be:

Tupperware can't run, but it can hide..... :anicute:

Well when people ask me what geocaching is I tend to say...

Geocaching... a treasure hunt... without the treasure.

A straight line is not always the easiest path

a straight line always adds 1.5 stars to terrain.

EarthCaches: for when Geocaching just isn't nerdy enough

I can't stop laughing at this one! I LOVE IT! so TRUE!

"Getting sane people to walk in circles and talk to themselves since 2000."

Great quote! I'm going to use it on a label for muffins that we are giving away at a 10 years of geocaching event we're holding next weekend! :rolleyes:

I know how to find your Geo-spot

It's like Garmin tossed an article into Cosmo... naughty and geeky! Who doesn't love that?

Great quote! I'm going to use it on a label for muffins that we are giving away at a 10 years of geocaching event we're holding next weekend! :blink:

I tossed that one in because, well, that's what happened to me. I figured somebody would get it. It feels good to know someone did.

Nobody's mentioned the "walking into spiderwebs" one, though. Is it because other places don't have as many spiders, or because it's just a really old song? Gwen was the Lady Gaga of her day. Odd coincidence: her name's Stefani, too.

When I explain it to people I usually say:

"Geocaching? It's a lot like being lost..."

I posted this one on a T-Shirt thread:

*for a bad hair, etc. day*

I got Muggled. What's your Excuse?

Later!

If you must hide a film canister, hide it in an ammo can.

Well, sir, I found something today that almost meets your criteria, and made the wife snap a pic to post it:

DSC02974_800.jpg

It may not be in an ammo can, but a lock n lock has to get them some points.....

:):blink::blink::o

Later!

Fun Geocache Trade I found with Quote

Written on paper was:

" I use multi-million dollar satellites to find tuperware in the woods. What's your hobby?" Herda Durdas.

It came with a little tupperware lid magnet, one of my favorite trade items ever :)

YOU KNOW IF YOUR A GEOCACHER IF.....

you find yourself wading hip deep in "poison plants", its 97 degrees, your gps says you you have 350' to go and your wearing shorts, and flip flops. .........3 weeks later the poison ivy soars went away........on the entire family.

G.U.I.L.T.

Grown Up Idiots Looking for Tupperware

I saw that on a sweatshirt at an event once ..

Seriously, that's the best thing I've ever read :) It's funny 'cause it's true!

YOU KNOW IF YOUR A GEOCACHER IF.....

you find yourself wading hip deep in "poison plants", its 97 degrees, your gps says you you have 350' to go and your wearing shorts, and flip flops. .........3 weeks later the poison ivy soars went away........on the entire family.

I chuckle as I read this, putting anti-itch lotion all over my body from the poison ivy I got last week end, as I am planning our trip caching tomorrow. What's a little poison ivy? I like the quote, "Leaves of three, let it be. But sometimes, the cache is worth the rash!"

I do what the voices in my GPSr tell me to!

I am jealous that I can't hear the voices ! :unsure::(

Broken happy meal toys - the herpes of Geocaching.

(Just when you get rid of them, they pop up again ) :P

Geocaching- I use billion dollar military satellites to find tupperware hidden in the forest. What do you do?

Edited by EVIL Ninjection

Geocaching: Stalking Free-Range Tupperware in its Natural Habitat.

Why do I need satellites to find tupperware? I just do.

Geocaching: Feeling smug by finding a small, hidden object in the woods from miles away, and then not being able to find your car.

Will trade you altoid tins for film canisters - at least the later is water tight!

A few people mentioned the bomb squad. apparently someone reported a threat in Colorado Springs today and the squad blew the cache up to be safe. well at least there is one less for us to have to find. guess we can take a day off. :)

A few people mentioned the bomb squad. apparently someone reported a threat in Colorado Springs today and the squad blew the cache up to be safe. well at least there is one less for us to have to find. guess we can take a day off. :)

:) Ohmygosh that was so funny it made me laugh so hard I did a trible boo-boo, sprayed my monitor with coffee, got a stomach ache laughing so hard and wet myself to boot. Geesh, deep breath here! Thanks for the post! :D:):)

A few of these relate to specific caches, but they may make sense to some...

"Sometimes an owl is just an owl. And sometimes it's a cache. But usually, it's just an owl."

(we were doing a cache in Warren, PA (for GWIX) and the cache was along a guardrail next to a fake owl. One member of our caching team picked up the owl 4 or 5 times to make sure the owl wasn't the cache. :D)

Sometimes it is about the numbers - the number of mosquito bites, the number of dollars spent on calamine/anti-ivy/after bite, the number of ER visits, the number of memories

(about a new Ontario reviewer, Cache Shadow, whose identity is still unknown...) "And only the Shadow knows for sure..."

Geocaching: thanks to micros, even your grandma can do it!

A few of these relate to specific caches, but they may make sense to some...

"Sometimes an owl is just an owl. And sometimes it's a cache. But usually, it's just an owl."

(we were doing a cache in Warren, PA (for GWIX) and the cache was along a guardrail next to a fake owl. One member of our caching team picked up the owl 4 or 5 times to make sure the owl wasn't the cache. :D)

Sometimes it is about the numbers - the number of mosquito bites, the number of dollars spent on calamine/anti-ivy/after bite, the number of ER visits, the number of memories

(about a new Ontario reviewer, Cache Shadow, whose identity is still unknown...) "And only the Shadow knows for sure..."

Geocaching: thanks to micros, even your grandma can do it!

The number of ticks I picked off your jeans vs. the number of ticks you picked off of mine

LOVE this one! I'm gonna use it for my forum signature, if you don't mind.....

G.U.I.L.T.

Grown Up Idiots Looking for Tupperware

I saw that on a sweatshirt at an event once ..

Seriously, that's the best thing I've ever read :) It's funny 'cause it's true!

I love it! :lol:

Geocaching: Making the world a more suspicious place, one cache at a time.

-For those who have the unfortunate luck of frequently being muggled or stopped by the cops.