A newbs perspective

steve_is

Hello fellow humans

I have been caching for five days.

This is fun and fits in well with my love of nature photography, it gets me out and about.

What surprises me is the amount of vituperation that I see in these and other forums.

While I can see room for improvement, here, and on other Geocaching websites, I am not willing to engage in niggling arguments.

GEOCACHING is for FUN, PEOPLE!

Hello fellow humans

This is fun and fits in well with my love of nature photography, it gets me out and about.

What surprises me is the amount of vituperation that I see in these and other forums.

While I can see room for improvement, here, and on other Geocaching websites, I am not willing to engage in niggling arguments.

I have been _______ for five days

While I can see room for improvement, here, and on other ________ websites, I am not willing to engage in niggling arguments.

_____________ is for FUN, PEOPLE!

Fill in the blank with just about any other activity known to mankind, find an internet forum about it, and get back to me on the "vituperation". :(

B)

Hello fellow humans

What I find rather funny is the fact that this post was made for the purpose of creating a stupid argument. You claim you are not willing to engage, yet you started the argument. Derrrrrrrt! :(

The vituperation tends to come with the territory. It's a forum thing more than anything else.

I guarantee you one thing you will find here. Cachers that love to cache. And cachers that will help you when ever they can. It's like a big family. We may fuss and fight, but play well together too. B)

If you head to the northwest part of your state, drop me a line. I'll hop the Red and we'll do some caching. :(

:(

Hello fellow humans

What I find rather funny is the fact that this post was made for the purpose of creating a stupid argument. You claim you are not willing to engage, yet you started the argument. Derrrrrrrt! :)

Yep! Troll alert B)

Hello fellow humans

What I find rather funny is the fact that this post was made for the purpose of creating a stupid argument. You claim you are not willing to engage, yet you started the argument. Derrrrrrrt! B)

Yep! Troll alert :)

Yep!

Hello fellow humans

What I find rather funny is the fact that this post was made for the purpose of creating a stupid argument. You claim you are not willing to engage, yet you started the argument. Derrrrrrrt! B)

Yep! Troll alert :)

frog.gif

I'll confess. i looked it up and I don't agree with its use. It is much too strong for these forums. Obviously this newbie is over-generalising. Must have had some really bad experiences on other forums. :(

i looked up "niggling" too.

There are two words I bet don't get used in casual conversation much.

Once someone told me "you shouldn't use such big words to make yourself look smart". The funny part was that i hadn't knowingly used any "big" words. All my friends rotflmao'd when they heard it... I can't remember what my critic thought was a big word, but i think it was only a few more than the usual four letters. B)

Hello fellow humans

What I find rather funny is the fact that this post was made for the purpose of creating a stupid argument. You claim you are not willing to engage, yet you started the argument. Derrrrrrrt! :D

Yep! Troll alert B)

frog.gif

:)

OK, besides me, who had to look up the word? :rolleyes:

The least you guys could have done is posted the definition. It would have saved the rest of us a few moments.

BTW, what's a human?

Edited by sbell111

Many people mistake spirited debate for vituperation. Sure there is a little of the latter, but most of what I see here is good natured debate.

Exactly! We do occasionally see very hot-headed posts, but they are usually from trolls who tend to disappear in short order. (...so that is what happened to me! :rolleyes: )

THIS one I could get from the context...

................ Please excuse my circumlocution as I do not wish to be thought of as sesquipedalian. :laughing:

THIS one I had to look up - thanks (I think!)

That is because you're not a hyperpolysyllabicsesquipedalianist.

I adopted my sig line from a statment Brian made a while back (He's da man!) just for situations like this.

Oh, and did the OP just use the N word in here?

Yes, I know what it means. But didn't someone in the government get skewered just last year for using niggardly in a public speech? :laughing:

By and large, that seems to be one of the primary purposes for forums, no matter what kind of thing they relate to. You should check out Usenet some time. These GC forums are positively light-hearted and loving by comparison.

By and large, that seems to be one of the primary purposes for forums, no matter what kind of thing they relate to. You should check out Usenet some time. These GC forums are positively light-hearted and loving by comparison.

;)

So what are saying? Are you accusing us of all being big balls of angst just waiting to go off. The nerve of the some of you in the forums just makes my blood boils. You'd think we would all have something better to do than to set here in angst niggling! THAT'S IT! I HAVE HAD IT! I'M OUT OF HERE FOR GOOD!!! :laughing:

;)

Was that convincing enough?

I could do it again with more angst.

;);):tired:

Edited by Totem Clan

THIS one I could get from the context...

................ Please excuse my circumlocution as I do not wish to be thought of as sesquipedalian. :laughing:

THIS one I had to look up - thanks (I think!)

That is because you're not a hyperpolysyllabicsesquipedalianist.

Context, context - it's all about the context! :D

I have been _______ for five days

While I can see room for improvement, here, and on other ________ websites, I am not willing to engage in niggling arguments.

_____________ is for FUN, PEOPLE!

Fill in the blank with just about any other activity known to mankind, find an internet forum about it, and get back to me on the "vituperation". :laughing:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This fill in the blank is right on the head. You have to dredge through an awful lot, to get to the good points of forums.

This quote above, is perfect, because I have seen the same type on many forums as well.

In some cases there is way to much scurrilousness.

Edited by Greg3636

Hey sometimes I even leave the forums and the vituperation! Yesterday I headed out to a Geocaching barbeque for some mastication. Please excuse my circumlocution as I do not wish to be thought of as sesquipedalian. :lol:

I love the internet... especially the online dictionary. :D

Driver Carries Cache

(madmike)

:):D:)