Geolicious - Mountain Cache Geocoins [UPDATE]

AtwellFamily

I took an idea posted in the the forum a few weeks ago and ran with it. Will have four flavors when I done. Just excited by the recent artwork, so I had to post. :yikes::)

No pre-orders yet just a preview. Other flavors to come; GeoGrape and Sour DNF. Work with a few on the flavors. Packaging and presentation will be unique as well. <_<

Geolicious.JPG

Jake at Coin Swag has picked this up and will be producing them.

Do you know if he's going to try to change your original dimensions at all? Just curious cause while I really do like the artwork, I don't like the thought of a 4" coin.

We talked about 2" - 2.5" long. Made a few minor changes to the artwork to make the text bigger and such. There will be a total of 4 flavors.

Jake at Coin Swag has picked this up and will be producing them.

Do you know if he's going to try to change your original dimensions at all? Just curious cause while I really do like the artwork, I don't like the thought of a 4" coin.

We talked about 2" - 2.5" long. Made a few minor changes to the artwork to make the text bigger and such. There will be a total of 4 flavors.

Thanks. That's a better size to manage :blink: I'm looking forward to these. Such a neat concept!

Whatever the size, we're probably in! We'll probably give a couple of them to our grandkids who cache, as well. In fact, you should consider some way of getting these into kids' hands, some sort of special pricing, or something. Young cachers are the future of our hobby.

Oooo...! I just had an idea, but not being creative artistically, I've no idea if it would work. Because a pack of gum has several pieces inside, can you work up something where the whole pack "breaks" into five pieces? There are precedents for this. This might not be the time for this idea, but maybe for a future geocoin.

The coins will be 2" (50mm), I would have loved to see this coin in a 3 or 4 inch but that just makes for a expensive coin and also pretty much eliminates the possibility of ever finding one in a cache. There will be a total of four coins, each with their own icon, the first coin should be up for grabs in about 3-4 weeks then the next coin in the series will follow about every 3-4 weeks. If you liked the two designs that were posted just wait until you see the DNF version that Jamie and Mike came up with they did a great job on the coins it will be a fun project.

Jake

Whatever the size, we're probably in! We'll probably give a couple of them to our grandkids who cache, as well. In fact, you should consider some way of getting these into kids' hands, some sort of special pricing, or something. Young cachers are the future of our hobby.

Oooo...! I just had an idea, but not being creative artistically, I've no idea if it would work. Because a pack of gum has several pieces inside, can you work up something where the whole pack "breaks" into five pieces? There are precedents for this. This might not be the time for this idea, but maybe for a future geocoin.

I had to many things on the go and after seeing his other work, I knew Jake could do a good job on this project. I had gotten pricing for over labeling a real pack of gum with a Geolicious label.

The Geolicious - Mountain Cache Geocoins are now in stock at coinswag.com, this coin was designed by Mike from Atwell Family the coin is 50mm long, 16mm tall and 3mm thick, trackable on geocaching.com with a unique icon. This coin comes in three different metal choices.

geo-bn-med.jpg

Geolicious - Mountain Cache - Nickel

Geolicious - Mountain Cache - Gold

Geolicious - Mountain Cache - 3 Coin LE Set

Looks like some of these are still available. Please buy some I want to see the next flavor in the package. <_<

The Geolicious - Mountain Cache Geocoins are now in stock at coinswag.com, this coin was designed by Mike from Atwell Family the coin is 50mm long, 16mm tall and 3mm thick, trackable on geocaching.com with a unique icon. This coin comes in three different metal choices.

geo-bn-med.jpg

Geolicious - Mountain Cache - Nickel

Geolicious - Mountain Cache - Gold

Geolicious - Mountain Cache - 3 Coin LE Set

Edited by Atwell Family