off sick

i have been thinking after being sent home today from work does that mean i cant cache?

taking the day off ill is fine but surly the freash air is good for you. so that makes craming in a few caches okay???

im sure my boss would do his nut if i was off ill an caught caching. or maby this is just turning in to to much of an obbsession an when cold, seazing everywere an really genualy ill is it a bad thig to drag ur self out of an nice walm bed put down the horrid cup of lemsip an go for a quick dash throw the woods??

lmn

i have been thinking after being sent home today from work does that mean i cant cache?

taking the day off ill is fine but surly the freash air is good for you. so that makes craming in a few caches okay???

im sure my boss would do his nut if i was off ill an caught caching. or maby this is just turning in to to much of an obbsession an when cold, seazing everywere an really genualy ill is it a bad thig to drag ur self out of an nice walm bed put down the horrid cup of lemsip an go for a quick dash throw the woods??

lmn

go on - just what the Doctor ordered :laughing: I think going caching in the fresh air is infinitely more healthy than staying inside in a cramped hot stuffy office and besides, you didn't want your co-workers to catch anything from you did you??

I banged my ankle yesterday and it is nicely bruised today. :D

I have taken a pic and am thinking about sending it to wwork as proof and taking 2 days off to catch up on some cacheing (with a limp of course) :laughing:

Whats a good excuse to how I got the bruise...PS I'm not married :(

PPS..and I won't feel any guilt at all. :rolleyes:

I suppose it all depends on what was wrong with you?

If you had an injury that prevented you from carrying out your work due to pain or was so sick that you needed to rest, then as your boss or co-worker who may have to take on extra duties, I would probably be annoyed. However if it was something such as an allergic reaction or your boss didn't want you spreading germs, then why not get out in the fresh air?

Since you have been sent home rather than off your own back your'e probably in better stance.

Workers have been sacked for calling in sick then working in their gardens.

Your caching name suggests you might be up for such antics and if you can get away with it go for it, but don't use the office computers for your logs.

On the other hand perhaps you are due a OTK session :rolleyes:

Guess you will be night caching unless you are off several days, its dark and horrible now :laughing: can I skive too! I've a twelve hour shift to start soon.

When I was still a teenager I'm a bit oler now, I took a sickie to visit my parents who were holidaying at the coast.

Although 60 miles from home/work who should be sat on the beach next to them but the pay clerk of my employer!

I got away with this event and many more but was always wary of who you may meet.

Bear in mind that in todays society your location is known to someone i.e. mobile phone location, CCTV surveilance, ATM useage etc.

Enjoy your day/days off :(:rolleyes::laughing:

I certainly don't condone anyone taking a sickie just because they can! It's immoral, dishonest, unfair on colleagues and in the cases where you still get paid for being off, it's fraud.

All of the above may be why you can be sacked if caught?

I vow to never take up employment in Edinburgh....just in case!

PS..you are of course,totally right though!

Edited by currykev

I certainly don't condone anyone taking a sickie just because they can! It's immoral, dishonest, unfair on colleagues and in the cases where you still get paid for being off, it's fraud.

All of the above may be why you can be sacked if caught?

I vow to never take up employment in Edinburgh....just in case!

PS..you are of course,totally right though!

I said I didn't condone it, I never said I would grass you up!! :laughing:

If i caught my staff out when they call in sick i'd drag them through the personnel office big time

Glad I don't work for you! People can be off genuinly sick but still need to be out for various reasons such as visiting the Doctor, chemist, buying food for the kids, doctors orders, "Exercise" don't jump to conclusions. :unsure:

If i caught my staff out when they call in sick i'd drag them through the personnel office big time

Glad I don't work for you! People can be off genuinly sick but still need to be out for various reasons such as visiting the Doctor, chemist, buying food for the kids, doctors orders, "Exercise" don't jump to conclusions. :unsure:

That wasn't what i ment

Two factory workers are talking.

The woman says, "I can make the boss give me the day off."

The man replies, "And how would you do that?"

The woman says, "Just wait and see." She then hangs upside-down from the ceiling.

The boss comes in and says, "What are you doing?"

The woman replies, "I'm a light bulb."

The boss then says, "You've been working so much that you've gone crazy. I think you need to take the day off."

The man starts to follow her and the boss says, "Where are you going?"

The man says, "I'm going home, too. I can't work in the dark."

lmn

I went home feeling ill during the summer and our practice manager said to me "Go and sit on the beach, the fresh air will do you good" I nealry passed out with shock :cry:

Have I ever cached when I should have been somewhere else? Not telling!

Have I ever changed my online log dates to conceal where I have been? Now that WOULD be telling!!! :D

What a great idea.

I have had 2 weeks off signed by a GP to say i have a bad back B) , so any log entrys in the last 2 weeks must have been another member of Family Hodge :huh: .

Anyway you need to keep active when you have a bad back my physio says so.

Edited by Family Hodge

Well all your managers have been sent a message you bad people

achooooo

I only have to worry about the wife (MAN FLU)

achoooooo

If she finds out there's nothing wrong

achooooooo

It's hard keeping this up

I havent had a day of work sick for over ten years

achoooooooooo!

Only have sick when your well ---------------- :( oops!